Was I rude?? QM2 TA Oct 27

Yoshikitty

Well you were not .

Some Golden Rules my better half follows as she has lost :p her Spleen

Go to the middle of the stack to get the plate if you can.

Dig into the cutlery handle end. Just in case someone sneezed all over them .

Open / Close anything you can manage with the Back of your hand

Go to the middle /back for Magazines / Papers etc

Always go to the back/bottom for anything in SuperMarkets as it is newer / fresher

Always wash your hands. Dont touch your eyes / nose / mouth unless you are 110% sure they are clean.

Avoid lifts if possible . ie walk up the stairs as it is healthier anyway.

and other suggestions welcome especially in a new room / cabin /suite in

regards to the bedding .:eek:

Brilliant,Funny...Flying doesn't look so bad now.:D

On our TA on the QM2 in September we were under red alert because of norovirus. We deplore eating in the buffet but on embarkation day there aren't many other options for most of us. At least being under red alert meant that plates were handed to you & crew served all food. Doesn't mean it was germ free but least fewer people were handling & touching stuff.

The OP actually was a little rude but I'm sure I would have reacted the same way. It's hard to be polite to people doing truly stupid things;)

Speaking of rude...a few years ago we were at the "Platinum" party which was held in g3 (or whatever the room is called that is behind the Queen's Room). It was crowded & I was seated next to a regal looking older British lady. She was telling me of her previous Cunard cruises then she told me how things had changed because of all of the rude Americans now sailing on Cunard!!! I remembered a Miss Manners column in which she said that no matter how rude a person is, it's rude to tell them they are rude! So I bit my tongue & politely excused myself and moved to another seat which I thought was pretty polite for a rude American.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

On our TA on the QM2 in September we were under red alert because of norovirus. We deplore eating in the buffet but on embarkation day there aren't many other options for most of us. At least being under red alert meant that plates were handed to you & crew served all food. Doesn't mean it was germ free but least fewer people were handling & touching stuff.

The OP actually was a little rude but I'm sure I would have reacted the same way. It's hard to be polite to people doing truly stupid things;)

Speaking of rude...a few years ago we were at the "Platinum" party which was held in g3 (or whatever the room is called that is behind the Queen's Room). It was crowded & I was seated next to a regal looking older British lady. She was telling me of her previous Cunard cruises then she told me how things had changed because of all of the rude Americans now sailing on Cunard!!! I remembered a Miss Manners column in which she said that no matter how rude a person is, it's rude to tell them they are rude! So I bit my tongue & politely excused myself and moved to another seat which I thought was pretty polite for a rude American.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I guess it is fair to suggest that we are all different and does it matter what the nationality?

Well said.

I subscribed to this thread by mistake and later unsubscribed so not sure how I got here again, but just noticed the response to my "don't hurt feelings" post and I disagree. Considering the decades that I've been here, I must have had colds, flu, sore throats, virus, etc. at least 50 times if not more. The only one I can remember is the Hong Kong flu as I was in bed for more than a week, closer to two--hopefully the virus you're all referring to is a lot less virulent. But the times that someone has hurt my feelings, particularly in public, around others, still rankle, even after decades. So, no, I don't believe, at least for some of us, "the spread of Norovirus will hurt a lot more than "feelings." This thread is a good example of my point. The OP had her feelings hurt and she's still feeling it, obviously. I suspect the other woman may also be remembering what happened and still talking about it to her family and friends. Both should have let it go in my view or at least smiled when responding.

Edited by Anneinmanhattan
dropped word