what to use to keep door open

bambidrummer

If you have the balcony door open and then someone opens the cabin door, watch out. It's like a mini-windstorm in your cabin and everything not bolted down gets sucked up into the air. Not a pretty sight. Did it once and never did it again. Besides, DH and I don't want any unwelcomed guests like birds or bugs flying into our cabin anyway. I agree that it would be too humid in the cabin. Also, wouldn't want one of us to mistakenly get up during the night and walk out on the balcony instead of the bathroom.

Since there seems to be a fair number of people that like to go to bed hearing the ocean and smelling the fresh ocean air, maybe one of the cruise lines should build a ship with balconies large enough to accommodate a bed. That would serve two purposes. First, no one would have to prop their door open, thereby keeping the a/c in their cabin and everyone else's from being affected. Second, it would increase membership in the Balcony Club.;):D

If the lounger fit on the standard balcony I would try sleeping out there in a heartbeat...but then id probably be woken up by my neighbors doing their version of the mile high club...:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Easy fix. Just ask your room steward for a couple of extra "Do Not Disturb" signs, like the one you hang on your doorknob. Tape one to the opposite side of each of your balcony partitions, so your neighbors can see it. They'll get the hint.;)

Easy fix. Just ask your room steward for a couple of extra "Do Not Disturb" signs, like the one you hang on your doorknob. Tape one to the opposite side of each of your balcony partitions, so your neighbors can see it. They'll get the hint.;)

Brilliant:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Last January on the Fascination....we slept one night with the door open (bungee cord). The temp was perfect and the sound of the waves crashing against the bow was very soothing. When we awoke in the morning....the A/C vents were dripping water from condensation. So...I'm sure the A/C kicked on at some point...thereby causing the condensation. No big problem though....I closed the door and dabbed the vents with a towel and all was well.

I don't know if this was good or bad...but we enjoyed the sound of the ocean that one night. We chose to close the door at night for the remainder of the cruise to avoid the condensation issue.