The "new" Vision of the Seas - pics

melbur

Just returned from the transatlantic on Vision of the Seas, fresh out of drydock and looking good . . . here are some pics of the recent changes

SAM_0880_zpscd35a7c3.jpg

pool deck with screen

SAM_0878_zps8841f0ea.jpg

solarium - park café in the far corner

centrum_zps8c331982.jpg

rbar_zps3600caae.jpg

SAM_0904_zps382a60fe.jpg

R bar and centrum

If you know the Vision, there was a Showboat Lounge on deck 6 the other side of the Schooner Bar. Now the area has been transformed into Chops and Giovanni's.

Schooner

SAM_0906_zps33912ca2.jpg

Chops

chops_zps3a4fead1.jpg

chops2_zps888952f9.jpg

Giovannis

SAM_0886_zps337c0143.jpg

SAM_0887_zps837c3aa6.jpg

The weather was cool when we left Lisbon, so the first 2 days we spent in the Solarium. After that the weather was warm, with sunny skies. The only rough night we had was the first night coming out of Lisbon, a little choppy and windy until about mid day on Day 2, then very smooth sailing after that.

Food in the MDR was overall pretty good, Chops and Giovannis were excellent.

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Thanks for sharing, that didn't take long. I leave my office in 2 hours to go to Miami for the 2 night sailing; will take even more pics. Looks great! Super excited to get onboard. Can't wait to experience a revitalized Vision-class ship.

Thanks for sharing, that didn't take long. I leave my office in 2 hours to go to Miami for the 2 night sailing; will take even more pics. Looks great! Super excited to get onboard. Can't wait to experience a revitalized Vision-class ship.

Try to get the Chefs Table, I missed that one which is at the back the Aquarius Dining Room.

Loved having the wifi everywhere too.

Try to get the Chefs Table, I missed that one which is at the back the Aquarius Dining Room.

Loved having the wifi everywhere too.

I don't think they are offering Chefs Table on this short sailing :( I just love ships. Interested to see a "fresh" ship. I have a longer voyage on Legend, a sister ship (though slightly smaller, not as many features) AFTER Allure and I was concerned going to such a small ship; so this will be a great preview for me.

Aw heck, I just wanted a good excuse to ditch work for 2 days. Thank you for sharing these pictures, really looks wonderful!

Saw the same colors and elements in other cabins on Deck 8 when doors were open. Thought the most pleasing color was the fabric on the chairs with wood side arms.

Couch material was controversial. I thought it felt rough against the skin and covered it with pool towels. Wife thought the fabric felt okay. Clearly chosen to wear well over time.

DSC01869_zps5ff339c6.jpg

DSC01870_zpsd4ae68b1.jpg

DSC01871_zps280be9ea.jpg

DSC01872_zps94d5e743.jpg

DSC01873_zps14921914.jpg

Edited by algaes
Problem w photos

I'll post more pictures of public spaces later this week. Lighting may make curtains and some other fabrics look green but they are all shades of blue.

DSC01874_zpsfdc998bb.jpg

DSC01875_zpsff465357.jpg

DSC01876_zpsac93c81f.jpg

DSC01877_zpsa04c58f7.jpg

DSC01879_zps9f7fe99e.jpg

Edited by algaes
Problems w photos