Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport

shutterbug63

Has anyone stayed here? This is on State Road 84 close to the airport. The price is right for us for our two night stay prior to our cruise on the Oasis in March, plus they have a free shuttle to/from the airport and Port Everglades. Reviews on Trip Advisor are kind of lukewarm, but I thought I'd ask and see if I can get some feedback here.

We honestly just need a place to lay our heads, so we don't need a five star hotel, but we don't want a fleabag either.

That Ramada has had consistantly bad reviews for years. Sleep Inn Dania is only $149 for March 13th. Their reviews are mostly better and there is publix and restaurants practically next door. Free FLL shuttle and breakfast, call to see if they are still doing free shuttle to port...if not it's only about $20 per taxi. Days Inn in Hollywood on Sheridan St./I95 offers very good value too.

Has anyone stayed here? This is on State Road 84 close to the airport. The price is right for us for our two night stay prior to our cruise on the Oasis in March, plus they have a free shuttle to/from the airport and Port Everglades. Reviews on Trip Advisor are kind of lukewarm, but I thought I'd ask and see if I can get some feedback here.

We honestly just need a place to lay our heads, so we don't need a five star hotel, but we don't want a fleabag either.

Calling it a fleabag would be generous. There is a reason it is cheaper than everywhere else.

It's really not that close to the airport, it's in a very isolated area where there is next to nothing within walking distance and it's in an area that is very unfriendly to pedestrians. With two days you are definitely going to need a rental car unless you want to stay in your room and watch TV for two days.

I would check the area LaQuintas using the discount code of H O M E D L. Using that code I'm getting rate of $140 for a King and $144 for two Doubles at the LaQuinta Airport which is a much, much, mucho better hotel in a much better location.

Where are you from in Missouri?

Edited by Florissouri

It's really not that close to the airport, it's in a very isolated area where there is next to nothing within walking distance and it's in an area that is very unfriendly to pedestrians. With two days you are definitely going to need a rental car unless you want to stay in your room and watch TV for two days.

I would check the area LaQuintas using the discount code of H O M E D L. Using that code I'm getting rate of $140 for a King and $144 for two Doubles at the LaQuinta Airport which is a much, much, mucho better hotel in a much better location.

Where are you from in Missouri?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That worked like a charm and saved me a nice amount of money. That place gets great reviews.

We're in St. Louis. This is our 3rd cruise on RCCL, 2nd out of Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That worked like a charm and saved me a nice amount of money. That place gets great reviews.

We're in St. Louis. This is our 3rd cruise on RCCL, 2nd out of Fort Lauderdale.

I just flew out of St Louis yesterday back to Ft Lauderdale. I was there to see my Tigers whoop up on Tennessee and take care of some business in Columbia and Jeff City.

The LaQuinta - Airport is a nice property with a good breakfast. It's located on the south end of Oakwood Plaza Mall where you will find Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, TGIFriday's, Dave and Buster's, Hollywood Ale House, Wendy's and Moonlite Diner a reasonable walking distance from the hotel. On farther into the mall towards Stirling Road is a K-Mart where you can buy your last minute supplies and they have a decent selection of popular wines as well.

You can rent a car from Budget at the airport and then drop it off near the Port Everglades entrance and they will shuttle you to the port. That location is in a strip mall across the parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel on the 17th Street Causeway. It's a little difficult to notice because it looks more like a retail storefront than rental car agency. Use this discount code : Y937800

Now...We need to address your idea of a day trip to the Keys. If you plan to drive through the Keys on the 14th I would suggest you go ahead and rent the car for two days so you will have the car, ready to go, early in the morning. With no delays you're looking at a 4 hour drive if you go all the way to Key West and 4 hours back (and that's without any stops), so you really don't want to waste a couple of hours catching the hotel shuttle back to the airport to pick up the car.

Now I guess you're going to ask what there is to do in the Keys?

Here's a thread where we had a good debate on what to do in the Keys. I think your son will be thrilled with the Turtle Rescue Hospital...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1897407...

Edited by Florissouri

I just flew out of St Louis yesterday back to Ft Lauderdale. I was there to see my Tigers whoop up on Tennessee and take care of some business in Columbia and Jeff City.

The LaQuinta - Airport is a nice property with a good breakfast. It's located on the south end of Oakwood Plaza Mall where you will find Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, TGIFriday's, Dave and Buster's, Hollywood Ale House, Wendy's and Moonlite Diner a reasonable walking distance from the hotel. On farther into the mall towards Stirling Road is a K-Mart where you can buy your last minute supplies and they have a decent selection of popular wines as well.

You can rent a car from Budget at the airport and then drop it off near the Port Everglades entrance and they will shuttle you to the port. That location is in a strip mall across the parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel on the 17th Street Causeway. It's a little difficult to notice because it looks more like a retail storefront than rental car agency. Use this discount code : Y937800

Now...We need to address your idea of a day trip to the Keys. If you plan to drive through the Keys on the 14th I would suggest you go ahead and rent the car for two days so you will have the car, ready to go, early in the morning. With no delays you're looking at a 4 hour drive if you go all the way to Key West and 4 hours back (and that's without any stops), so you really don't want to waste a couple of hours catching the hotel shuttle back to the airport to pick up the car.

Now I guess you're going to ask what there is to do in the Keys?

Here's a thread where we had a good debate on what to do in the Keys. I think your son will be thrilled with the Turtle Rescue Hospital...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1897407...

Thanks so much. I'm not sure we'll go as far as Key West. I know at least Islamorada and Key Largo. I bookmarked that thread...we're not booking anything in advance, but I am keeping a list of things to do and we'll look that over as time gets nearer and try to make a loose plan what things we really want to see.

And great minds think alike, I had already decided to change my car rental from one day to two. Thanks for the offer code...worked great....renting from the airport location, though, because the 17th street rental office closes at 6 and I was planning on a later return time since we want to be able to take our time in the Keys.

Thanks so much. I'm not sure we'll go as far as Key West. I know at least Islamorada and Key Largo. I bookmarked that thread...we're not booking anything in advance, but I am keeping a list of things to do and we'll look that over as time gets nearer and try to make a loose plan what things we really want to see.

And great minds think alike, I had already decided to change my car rental from one day to two. Thanks for the offer code...worked great....renting from the airport location, though, because the 17th street rental office closes at 6 and I was planning on a later return time since we want to be able to take our time in the Keys.

If you rent a car for two days would you not pick it up on the 13th when you arrive at FLL and then return on the 15th by 2:00 PM before you board the ship?

Driving the Keys I would at least go across the 7 Mile Bridge, then turn around and come back.

If you rent a car for two days would you not pick it up on the 13th when you arrive at FLL and then return on the 15th by 2:00 PM before you board the ship?

Driving the Keys I would at least go across the 7 Mile Bridge, then turn around and come back.

We're planning on getting a very early start on the 14th, so we might do that. :-)

We board on the 15th..and I have an 11 year old who is chomping at the bit (with 123 days to go) to get on the Oasis. We like to get there early so we can board and enjoy the ship. He'd never forgive me if I made him wait until 2.

And again, thanks so much for all your help and suggestions. I've bookmarked the thread about what to do in the Keys.