Boring (but needed) question about balcony discounts

Hi,

I am sure that this has been asked lots of time, I have sat and scrolled through several pages of the forum to see if I could save you from my boring question! But I figured that lots of you will have the answer on the tip of your tongue, so thought I would ask....

I am wanting to book a Trans Atlantic cruise quite far in advance. Between now and then I will become a Platimum Member from other cruises.....

(you know what's coming don't you! :rolleyes: )

If I have already reserved a balcony stateroom in advance, could I then get the discount when I turn Platinum after making the booking? If so, how? (we book direct with RCI)

P.S - I know that it is different per ship, per location, per time of year...etc (unless it is a set universal %) but could some of you give examples of the discount you receive. Just so I can work out roughly what we would be paying whilst looking at the prices on the website.

I usually say "Thanks in advance".....but shall say "Sorry in advance" for the boring question! :o

Jenni x

Hi,

I am sure that this has been asked lots of time, I have sat and scrolled through several pages of the forum to see if I could save you from my boring question! But I figured that lots of you will have the answer on the tip of your tongue, so thought I would ask....

I am wanting to book a Trans Atlantic cruise quite far in advance. Between now and then I will become a Platimum Member from other cruises.....

(you know what's coming don't you! :rolleyes: )

If I have already reserved a balcony stateroom in advance, could I then get the discount when I turn Platinum after making the booking? If so, how? (we book direct with RCI)

P.S - I know that it is different per ship, per location, per time of year...etc (unless it is a set universal %) but could some of you give examples of the discount you receive. Just so I can work out roughly what we would be paying whilst looking at the prices on the website.

I usually say "Thanks in advance".....but shall say "Sorry in advance" for the boring question! :o

Jenni x

Absolutely. Once your turn Platinum you just call Royal or have you TA call Royal and they will apply your discount. Have done this many times for family that turned a certain level prior to their next cruise. I cannot find the information right now on what the discounts are, but if you book more than 6 months in advance, the balcony discount is an extra $25 I think

Here is the discount list. I found it.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Edited by karena1

It seems that something has changed, or I'm missing something (possible!) Just did a test booking for the Indy on 12 April 2014. Tried it WITHOUT entering a C & A number (for the discount) and just looked at the Resident Rate. The Resident rate for a D! was $1394. Went back and entered my C & A number, and the rate changed to $1294. Only $100 discount! According to the (old?) chart, it should be $200, like it's been on previous cruises. What's up with that? Is this additional discount? Or, has something been taken away with the new booking "upgrade"?

It seems that something has changed, or I'm missing something (possible!) Just did a test booking for the Indy on 12 April 2014. Tried it WITHOUT entering a C & A number (for the discount) and just looked at the Resident Rate. The Resident rate for a D! was $1394. Went back and entered my C & A number, and the rate changed to $1294. Only $100 discount! According to the (old?) chart, it should be $200, like it's been on previous cruises. What's up with that? Is this additional discount? Or, has something been taken away with the new booking "upgrade"?

The $200 is per cabin. You saw the $100 per person which is in fact the same.

I believe that the OP is from across the pond and therefore the balcony discounts are different.

UK C&A Balcony/Suite Discounts-Per Stateroom

Platinum -

Sailing-----More than 6 months----Less than 6 months

3-5 nights----------£30--------------------£15

6-9 nights----------£70--------------------£50

10+ nights---------£135------------------£120

Emerald –

3-5 nights----------£50-------------------£30

6-9 nights----------£85-------------------£70

10+ nights---------£150-----------------£135

Diamond –

3-5 nights----------£85-------------------£70