costa neoriviera

cruisefanatic16

The St. Tropez wasn´t used as main restraurant throughout our cruise. We´ve been told that they only use it for special events. The neoCollection Tea and the neoCollection Brunch were held in the St. Tropez (both for a nominal fee). It was also used for the lectures and tastings on our cruise.

steamboats

The St. Tropez wasn´t used as main restraurant throughout our cruise. We´ve been told that they only use it for special events. The neoCollection Tea and the neoCollection Brunch were held in the St. Tropez (both for a nominal fee). It was also used for the lectures and tastings on our cruise.

steamboats

A specialty restaurant (French?) seems appropriate if there is no such venue installed there.

The neoCollection Tea was 5 Euro, the neoCollection Brunch was 10 Euro.

We didn´t do the lunch but the tea which was nice (although it was only us and one other couple). The scones could have been better and no clotted cream. Sandwiches and sweet stuff was nice. They had a special tea menu.

steamboats

DH finally uploaded his panoramic photos. Click on the symbol on the lower right side (arrows pointing to the corners). That gets you into full screen mode. You can either use your mouse or the arrow symbols to move around. When you click on the tiny picture in the upper right corner you are able to change to another panoramic photo. There are 12 different ones. You "esc" to return to regular screen.

steamboats

Steamboats - thank you for sharing, it was really good to see the photos.

Now we only need cruisefanatic16 to come back and share her experiences and to give us another point of view.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a helpful thread, thank you Steamboats !

We are in the middle of trying to book on Costa Neo Riveria for the 15th November 2015 cruise from Savona to Dubai so this thread has cleared up lots of little worries and concerns.

Looking at the deck plans we can find no mention of Launderettes. Do they have them on Neo Riveria, thank you ?

Such a helpful thread, thank you Steamboats !

We are in the middle of trying to book on Costa Neo Riveria for the 15th November 2015 cruise from Savona to Dubai so this thread has cleared up lots of little worries and concerns.

Looking at the deck plans we can find no mention of Launderettes. Do they have them on Neo Riveria, thank you ?

Great itinerary. We are also interested but I don't want to book until about next Easter.

No there no real formal nights, but there were two "elegant" nights on our 11 night cruise. Let´s say it was more for the photographers who where available for taking photos. There was an opportunity to get a photo with the captain.

steamboats

No there no real formal nights, but there were two "elegant" nights on our 11 night cruise. Let´s say it was more for the photographers who where available for taking photos. There was an opportunity to get a photo with the captain.

steamboats

Thank you once again. I assume a smart jacket and tie would do for these occasions but a Dinner Jacket would be over the top ?

last tuesday we came back from the costa neoriviera, i must say that this is the best cruise we have been so far. much better than the favolosa. I would sail again on the neo-style ships...

very good food, very helpful staff, ship clean, the one thing which we did not like were the shows at the theater..

i will post reviews later.

last tuesday we came back from the costa neoriviera, i must say that this is the best cruise we have been so far. much better than the favolosa. I would sail again on the neo-style ships...

very good food, very helpful staff, ship clean, the one thing which we did not like were the shows at the theater..

i will post reviews later.

Can't wait for your in-depth review as we've booked the Sept. 1 sailing from Savona.

It would be great if everyone could come back and let us have their view of the ship. Very grateful to Steamboats for the photos of the ship.

I have travelled Costa before, but hesitate to go again on a few issues, including safety. We are seriously interested in the repositioning from Savona to Dubai, November, 2015. The itinerary is the best being offered by any cruise line at that time. The price is also good.

One question - is the buffet open for dinner every night, should we not feel like going to the dining room for dinner on some occasions.

Yes, a Dinner Jacket would be over the top.

steamboats

What, no need to dress with a dinner jacket, that's a first! And no formal night, hurah!!! And a buffet resto that is open at night. Waw! A never seen before! And on the last night no "baked alaska" dessert anymore and no waving of the napkins? And no dancing with the waiters on the tune of "volare"? What are we missing here?

What has Costa changed.

So there is no need to carry a tuxedo or a black suit in the suitcase?

I this really so? Please confirm cos i can't believe my eyes.

I'm going on the 19 july cruise in the med.

JP

JP,

The neoCollection is a brand new concept and has not much in common with the regular Costa ships.

On the neoRiviera we had two elegant nights but no real formal nights. The "elegant" was more for the photographers trying to sell their portrait shootings.

No singing, no Baked Alaska, no napkins... But don´t worry you can hear "O sole mio" in the theater multiple times and the same for "Volare" :D;)!

steamboats

• 2 months later...
It would be great if everyone could come back and let us have their view of the ship.

I am sat on the neo Riviera in Barcelona as I type.

My impressions over the last few days.

Cabins. OK. Functional, not good not bad.

Staff. Vast majority very helpful, and English is well spoken.

Entertainment. Mostly directed at other languages.

Food. Absolutely excellent. The food is not the 1980's poorly executed menu that you will find on P&O, but well cooked good Italian/Mediterranean food. So starter, primo, second, cheese, desert.

Each menu has items that nod to that days stop, but generally is Italian. So for example the second course meat dish is only served with a decoration of vegetables, as the carbohydrate was in the primo pasta/risoto.

Drinks. The all inclusive option, although more expensive is still good value. Wine by the glass with dinner is fine, but would not win any awards. Don't feel constrained by the advertised menu drinks. If the components are in the all inclusive, the staff are happy to mix them together however you want.