Legend of the Seas transatlantic Oct 30-Nov 12

Agnes, great job on your review...thanks for doing it. I, too, learned so much from previous CC cruisers and their posts. Hope to get my review up soon but you have been very thorough so not much to add. We enjoyed meeting you and Allen

Thank you--It was so nice to meet you too. Maybe we will cruise again together.

I plan to scan the kids "Compass tomorrow." That and the disembark are about all I have left.

I will look for your review.

There were also a few scrap-booking classes. The first class was held on the sea day after the first 2 ports. It was led by a male member of the activities staff. He was a fish out of water.

There were 30-40 women sitting waiting when he arrived. His first comment was that the class was limited to 25. One of the women pulled out her Cruise Compass to show him that it said limited to 50. He said that was a mistake. However, he gave each of us a complimentary “Me and my Big Idea” kit and laid out supplies to work with. Then he told us that he was sure we knew more than he did. It was amusing.

One person asked if he had any other scissors. He told her he brought lots of scissors. But, in the pile he brought there was one pair of scissors and 7 pairs of decorative shears used to sculpt edges. LOL

On the next sea day a female member of the staff led a class. She clearly had experience at this. She gave each of us a complimentary “Me and my Big Idea” kit for formal night and laid out lots of supplies to work with. She also, showed several examples. It was a good class.

PB020009_zpsa76ece8e.jpg

PB020008_zpse25bcf05.jpg

I liked the way she did this.[below] I will try this.

PB020010_zps53e51090.jpg

PB020011_zps1dce7c71.jpg

After that the scrapbooking classes were listed as having a fee. The same staffer had a couple of kits for sale. I attended the first of these classes. The kits were not a bad price--$10 for a Legend of the Sea specific packet. However, I had purchased a similar kit on my Explorer of the Seas cruise last year. I do not scrapbook very often so--I had half of it left.

I can not tell you what the last class was like.

I have to agree with you. Poor Emilio was definitely a fish out of water with the scrapbooking group. He did get better as the days, went, but Laura and Nidia were definitely better suited to it. The last classes that they had were all the same. They had the packets available for purchase, and you could work on them if you wished.

As an avid scrapbooker, myself and others that I spoke with all said that the down fall of the class was two fold, the first was the small tables and the second was getting the project home. It was challenging enough getting the unopen packets home in one piece, I don't know how I would have done it had I opened them and started something. :) But I will however attend on our next cruise if they offer it, because I am a glutton for punishment :)

I have to agree with you. Poor Emilio was definitely a fish out of water with the scrapbooking group. He did get better as the days, went, but Laura and Nidia were definitely better suited to it. The last classes that they had were all the same. They had the packets available for purchase, and you could work on them if you wished.

As an avid scrapbooker, myself and others that I spoke with all said that the down fall of the class was two fold, the first was the small tables and the second was getting the project home. It was challenging enough getting the unopen packets home in one piece, I don't know how I would have done it had I opened them and started something. :) But I will however attend on our next cruise if they offer it, because I am a glutton for punishment :)

I actually brought my empty scrapbook with me on this trip. I put it in my carry-on suitcase. [it fit fine since it is 12" square] that way it did not take up valuable weight in the suitcase I checked.

I had read a previous post from CC and read that there would be a couple of scrapbook classes.

I had never done that before. But, since this was a transatlantic and I had lots of sea days, I was able to sort the brochures I got at the ports and postcards I purchased. Also, I glued the formal night page using the photo I bought on the ship and the kit I got.

My grand plan was to find a one-hour photo in Barcelona and print the photos from that city so I would have something to keep myself busy on the sea voyage. I never found one of these [but I did not look very hard]. Also, the sea days turned out not to be a problem. :p

Hi, on your cruise, did you have any guest speakers? If so, what venue did they appear in?

Thanks.

patrick

Yes--we had several lecturers.

We had Captain Ted McCourt discussing aviation. He gave about 8-10 lectures and was in the theater. I watched parts of these on the TV. One of my dinner table mates really enjoyed these.

We had Maria Bacinich give a series of lectures on all of the ports in the theater. [and a few other topics] These were rebroadcast on TV, too.

Patricia Humphrees gave lectures on bridge play in the conference room.

One of our Roll call activities was a cabin crawl.

Here we met in the Schooner bar to begin the crawl. I got pictures of most of the rooms. A couple were just to crowded to get a picture.

PB020012_zpsb16a85ce.jpg

This is one of the new panoramic ocean-view window cabins they added during the refit.

PB020016_zpscd4a84c0.jpg

Here is the new vessel sink in the cabins.

PB020015_zps0cc72e78.jpg

This is a balcony cabin on deck 7. It was not on the cabin crawl—but, I thought some people might like to see it.

PB050143_zps513c1bae.jpg

PB050145_zpse25330b0.jpg

PB050144_zps5f461b23.jpg

Not crazy about the new sinks. I can be wrong they look more ornamental than practical.

Not crazy about the new sinks. I can be wrong they look more ornamental than practical.

I totally agree. They are very attractive. However, the faucet is too close to the side of the sink. It is difficult to get your hands under the facet. DH found this to be an issue. Also, forget about rinsing out your bathing suit. :o

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

nice review we just booked our first ta cruise on freedom april 2017 from ft Lauderdale to Barcelona stops in Lisbon Portugal Seville spain Malaga and palma de marrco don't think I spelled that right then to Barcelona cant wait

nice review we just booked our first ta cruise on freedom april 2017 from ft Lauderdale to Barcelona stops in Lisbon Portugal Seville spain Malaga and palma de marrco don't think I spelled that right then to Barcelona cant wait

You will have have such a good time.