Retreat Cabanas during Sail Away?

lastlook

As sailaway is usually after 5, and the cabanas close at 5, you can probably sit there, but there won't be any service. The cabana boys have other responsibilities after 5.

On the sailing day, the cabanas come available around 2 or so. They usually aren't available prior to that. However, if on a B2B, it seems they sometimes have a little more coverage...one of the cabana boys may be there. But that day is always very busy for crew.

I appreciate the information in both replies - we will stop by the Retreat Cabanas after lunch to meet the staff and see where we will be located within the Retreat. Through conversation with them, we should be able to figure out whether it would be a problem for them or not as I realize embarkation day is very busy for all staff.

Yes - I think it has always been 5 p.m. or later when we've sailed from Port Everglades. However, we'll be sailing on a Monday, so I think there might be a good chance that we will depart on time since it should be much quieter (fewer ships) than a Saturday or Sunday departure? At any rate, we'll see how things unfold. Sail Away will be exciting even if it is just on our balcony. We will be in a suite for the first time and my sister and her husband will be joining us on this cruise too, so it's all good! :-)

Wondering if anyone knows if you can use your Retreat Cabana at/during sail away?

We chose our retreat cabana on the port side hopefully we get to enjoy the view at sailaway on our upcoming cruise on the Eurodam.

Edited by Thebes

However, we'll be sailing on a Monday, so I think there might be a good chance that we will depart on time since it should be much quieter (fewer ships) than a Saturday or Sunday departure?
If you are sailing Dec 23 or 30, Noordam will be the only cruise ship in PEG and HAL has both departures scheduled for 4:00. If it's another date, check HERE

About a week before departure check HERE to see if there are changes, and what your pier will be.

Edited by jtl513