MS Noordam Sail-Away-Nov. 15, 2013

aliaschief

Random musings: One has to wonder: How the ships' crews (Noordam, NA, Ryndam particularly) likes having to adjust from such fabulous ports in the Med to some not-so-nice ones in the Caribbean. Must be a shock to the system! For a video they did on the NA, they interviewed crew all around the ship...from the Captain on down...and asked them their favorite ports. With the exception of the Guest Relations Manager who said NYC and an Indonesian crew member who said Alaska, the rest were all ports in the Med...for many, it was Barcelona.

Interesting, but not surprising, Sheila. Most people would like Europe better than the Caribbean.

bummer:( That is Mr. Marley's dinner time - maybe I can figure something out and feed him a few minutes early? Trouble is - you just never know:(

One more month to go and the 6 pm feeding will be gone - he'll be down to two times a day (much more civilized for me;))

Well, Mr. Marley and I will be dining at the same time.... just looked and saw the 5pm ET departure too. Can't say I'm surprised as I mentioned it early that they'd probably be late.

Everyone enjoy the sail away! Should be here tomorrow... although now that I think about it I may be dropping DW off at the airport around sail away time tomorrow...

One has to wonder with the Philippines Disaster how many Filipino crew members were not able to get transportation to Port Everglades to start their contract.

Quite often this would be a big turnover day.

I talked to several of the Filipino bar staff on my recent cruise who were anxious for the Caribbean season because more drinking means more $'s.

Thanks for the kind Veterens Day E-mail.

Very welcome and well deserved, Chief! Hope you and DW had a pleasant day. :)

As I told your DW, I think I can still fit into my ribbons, but that's about it! :eek: Oh, maybe my hat too....

Edited by 0bnxshs

Very welcome and well deserved, Chief! Hope you and DW had a pleasant day. :)

As I told your DW, I think I can still fit into my ribbons, but that's about it! :eek: Oh, maybe my hat too....

Yeah, always thought about wearing my Mess Dress on Formal nights but that would be a sight to behold.:eek: Believe all the medals/ribbons are somewhere in the garage.

Interesting, but not surprising, Sheila. Most people would like Europe better than the Caribbean.

oh I don't know about that. We don't care for Europe, maybe because we live here :)

Many people here always go to France and Italy on vacation (by car, it's not that far) but even more like to leave Europe and go places that are at least a 5 hour flight away.

oh I don't know about that. We don't care for Europe, maybe because we live here :)

Many people here always go to France and Italy on vacation (by car, it's not that far) but even more like to leave Europe and go places that are at least a 5 hour flight away.

We love France and Italy. So much history and architecture to see. Would love to visit the Netherlands some day.

Is that a movie screen on the top deck of Princess?

Yup. Looks like Poseidon Was playing.

That's called MUTS (Movies Under The Stars). There usually is always something playing on it. It was neat watching the Monday Night football game on a chilly night in Alaska out in the open, except for the noisy Philly fans..... :rolleyes:

I was looking at camera 1 and there was a happy looking gentleman wiping down the window in front of the camera and then the camera lens itself. lol.

:D happy looking? oh no, I totally missed that. When I'm waiting I usually have camera 2 on.

so. how happy was he looking? :cool:

:D happy looking? oh no, I totally missed that. When I'm waiting I usually have camera 2 on.

so. how happy was he looking? :cool:

He had a big smile on his face - probably one of the two guys who run this I would imagine. So he's aware of how many people are watching lol.