Price drop what do I do

Sauceress

My TA called me and said that if we wanted the cruise difference that we would lose all of our "amenities". We get champagne and chocolates when we arrive. We get a bottle of wine at dinner. We also get to have a shared cocktail party. I guess I will leave it the way it is. I was just hoping to get everyone in the group a lil extra $$ to enjoy. Doesn't hurt to try..:)

Your Amenities have NOTHING to do with your price of your cruise.

Your amenities are set iin stone in a group when you book. They may add extra point which you can fight for.. But Carnival changing the price has nothing to do with that. Your TA is WRONG!!!!!

I am sure a few people that are TA'S with agree with me..

Help me please!! My price went down 40.00 total, after final payment. I called my PVP @ Carnival and he said after final payment he can do nothing!! This is not right is it? Even onboard credit for 40.00 would be better than nothing. Should I just call the 1-800 carnival # and see what they say? Frustrated, don't think he is willing to do much for me!!

I think I might go talk to her in person rather than on the phone. She is a friend of mine so I wouldn't think she would lie to me but she is in business to make money and if she had to give us $50 per person back with 18 of us booked. Thats $900 out of someones pocket. If she does give me another line I will have to call Carnival myself to see what the deal is...

Help me please!! My price went down 40.00 total, after final payment. I called my PVP @ Carnival and he said after final payment he can do nothing!! This is not right is it? Even onboard credit for 40.00 would be better than nothing. Should I just call the 1-800 carnival # and see what they say? Frustrated, don't think he is willing to do much for me!!

Our upcoming October cruise has been paid in full since 20 January. Noticed the price is down $50 per person, emailed our Carnival PVP this morning (who is wonderful), and $100 has been credited to our credit card. Don't listen to your PVP. Call a different one. Good luck.

Sandy

I booked my cruise thru a TA. I noticed last week that the price dropped $70. I called my TA and she told me that the all of the Balcony rooms were sold out. I checked again on www.carnival.com and the catagory of my balcony is the only one that is sold out. There are other(more expensive) balcony rooms are available. Shouldn't I still get the refund or credit?

When I had told my TA I saw a promotion with $100 onboard credit, she told me that if your catagory is sold out, they won't do anything for you. But she said she would try, and she made a 3 way call. The Carnival rep couldn't even find the promotion I had found. We hung up, and my TA told me that I could call Carnival and try to get it myself.

Carnival would not even talk to me, since I used a travel agent. I was not happy that my TA told me to try to get the credit myself, since I am sure she knew they wouldn't talk to me.

Has anyone that booked through a TA been able to get any credit through Carnival?

When I had told my TA I saw a promotion with $100 onboard credit, she told me that if your catagory is sold out, they won't do anything for you. But she said she would try, and she made a 3 way call. The Carnival rep couldn't even find the promotion I had found. We hung up, and my TA told me that I could call Carnival and try to get it myself.

Carnival would not even talk to me, since I used a travel agent. I was not happy that my TA told me to try to get the credit myself, since I am sure she knew they wouldn't talk to me.

Has anyone that booked through a TA been able to get any credit through Carnival?

I tried also, but CCL would not give onboard credit. They "upgraded" me from 4-A to 4-C. I booked thru TA.

When I checked our prices on the Carnival site it is $10.00 more per person for our OV cabin. We already got a two level upgrade when we purchased the cruise. So I am on the Upper deck from the Riviera. Should I check out other site's prices? We booked directly through Carnival with a PVP. If I find a lower price at a discount site, will Carnival honor the price or am I done with getting the upgrade? Heck, every little bit helps!!

I doubt it.

Discount sites are usually lower than Carnival's PVP pricing to begin with. :)

Alright, I'm frustrated as all get out now.

My PVP was on Vacation! lol.

Anywho...she calls me yesterday and leaves me a message saying that she got my messages, and to call her, and we can have any cabin from A to I. Great, I'm thinking! I call her today and she moves everyone around, and is just doing a great job, I'm happy as a clam....

I look at book modify, and she's charged to move us up!

Well, I knew I could've PAID to upgrade, I called her originally, because of the price DROP! UGH.

I can go back down right?

She's going to think I'm a huge pain in the tush, but, she apparantly didn't get what I was getting at, and neither did I with what she was saying. I've left another message.

Alright, I'm frustrated as all get out now.

I look at book modify, and she's charged to move us up!

Well, I knew I could've PAID to upgrade, I called her originally, because of the price DROP! UGH.

I can go back down right?

She's going to think I'm a huge pain in the tush, but, she apparantly didn't get what I was getting at, and neither did I with what she was saying. I've left another message.

I would call her and ask if you were charged for that move. But on the modify pages--you really shoul dnot be looking at the prices..sometimes those prices are higher then what you paid-- or lwer then what you paid. But tomake sure-- call.

Well, I tried calling twice at the 800# and transferred to a supervisor both times, one time I hang up after holding for 25 minutes with no response, and the second time sent to a voice recorded message. I have since e-mailed carnival to see what they say. It is now not so much the money as it is the PVP saying he told me one thing and said another. Anyway, not holding my breath.:o

Archived