Price drop what do I do

Sauceress

On carnival site the price you are seeing does not include the taxes. (which is about 58 bucks for a 7 day cruise.) Make sure theprice you are comparing has all the price included. But it dont hurt to call and check.

When I checked our prices on the Carnival site it is $10.00 more per person for our OV cabin. We already got a two level upgrade when we purchased the cruise. So I am on the Upper deck from the Riviera. Should I check out other site's prices? We booked directly through Carnival with a PVP. If I find a lower price at a discount site, will Carnival honor the price or am I done with getting the upgrade? Heck, every little bit helps!!

? We booked directly through Carnival with a PVP. If I find a lower price at a discount site, will Carnival honor the price or am I done with getting the upgrade? Heck, every little bit helps!!

Carnival will NOT honor another agencys price. You can transfer the booking to the agency but be careful coz some agencys charge for everything the cruiselines give you for free.

Same here. After I paid my final payment I noticed a $50 p/p price drop. I called my PVP at Carnival and he said that I would have a total of $100 on board credit. I'm printing out all my emails to and from carnival about it just in case there is an issue when I check in...

When I checked our prices on the Carnival site it is $10.00 more per person for our OV cabin. We already got a two level upgrade when we purchased the cruise. So I am on the Upper deck from the Riviera. Should I check out other site's prices? We booked directly through Carnival with a PVP. If I find a lower price at a discount site, will Carnival honor the price or am I done with getting the upgrade? Heck, every little bit helps!!

We also received an upgrade from inside to outside. After seeing that the rate had dropped, I called our PVP through Carnival and she said either we could take our $40.00 refund and she would book us back at the inside cabin, or just stay with the oceanview upgrade and not get the $40.00 refund. Well, DUH, of course I chose to just stay with the upgrade. I agree that every little bit helps, and I was hoping they would give me the onboard credit, too. I think you and I both are done with our upgrades, but I'm certainly not complaining since we got a great upgrade. Hope this info helps.

Carnival will NOT honor another agencys price. You can transfer the booking to the agency but be careful coz some agencys charge for everything the cruiselines give you for free.

It depends on the relationship with your PVP and how much of a difference in price. I have had my PVP price match many times the most was $100. When it was more than $100 she offered me the $100 plus some shipboard credit so I didnt feel the need to transfer bookings. It really pays to use the same PVP or TA over a period of time, they will cut you deals based on your history with them.

Also my PVP has adjusted the price for me when she saw it go down without me even calling her.

Okay, I just noticed that the price on our cruise dropped too. I called my TA and she is out of town until tommorow :rolleyes:. I'm already paid in full so I just called carnival. They are saying that because we are booked as a group that my TA would have to call there group department to see if they had any price drops. :confused: I thought a group rate would be cheaper anyways but the price I see on the Carnival website shows $50 cheaper than what our rate was without the port fees & ect. With my luck the price will go back up tomorrow!!:p

Ok, I have a question for you guys. It's a little long winded, so please bear with me. We have 3 bookings coming up for a CTN in October. One of the bookings is a cat 8A. The price for that has dropped 30 pp. which for 2 days, is fine with me. The other 2 bookings are 7A guarantees. They are now offering a cat 8A for the same price, OR I can get a "balcony guarantee" for $20 less pp. I have tried my PVP twice and I'm not getting any thing back from her.

I have heard that you can "transfer" a booking to a TA. I have one that I've used twice now, and really enjoy. Should I keep at my PVP, or should I try my TA and see if there's anything she can do? I'm a little irritated that my PVP will not respond to me.

If you booked with carnival cant you aspeak to anywhere there regarding a price drop? Can you ask anyone the price of your cruise...including tax andport charges/--beofre the price goes up again

I have tried my PVP twice and I'm not getting any thing back from her.

Maybe your PVP and my TA are on vacation together. :rolleyes::D

+

LOL Probably......

You know, I've never booked directly with Carnival before...so I don't know if I can talk to anyone else. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. It's not a huge amount of money, but since it's a CTN anything seems worth it to me.

It just boggles my mind .Before I booked the cruise i would visit the site and get acall or email from my pvp. Now he is no where to be found. Maybe he is just getting so many requests for refunds that he is super busy.

Let me know if you get through.

To the cruiser with the group, your TA does have to go to bat for any refund or credit due to lower prices. I brought such an occurance to my TA who had a group of 30+ cabins and she was able to get a huge discount and cabin credit! Your TA still has some clout. It won't hurt to try.

bon Voyage

My TA called me and said that if we wanted the cruise difference that we would lose all of our "amenities". We get champagne and chocolates when we arrive. We get a bottle of wine at dinner. We also get to have a shared cocktail party. I guess I will leave it the way it is. I was just hoping to get everyone in the group a lil extra $$ to enjoy. Doesn't hurt to try..:)

Archived