Anyone already cruised as Diamond Plus?

lat1

Sailed last December on the Radiance as a Diamond Plus for the 1st time.

Didn't get the suite upgrade because they told me they wait 7 days before sailing and there has to be more than 5 suites available before offering a free one. Would call off and on 2 weeks before and they had more than 5 until the seventh day, then alot of them vanished never could get a straight answer as to what happened to them. Figured they were sold at a discounted rate, C & A was very helpful and would check with their Sales Department, but told me they couldn't get an answer from them. No big deal, as I always book the room I wanted. Just wanted to test the system of the Diamond Plus perks they were offering.

Got a nice gift of the ship image in crystal, offer of a personal tour of the bridge and chocolates in the room each day. Of course you get the chocolates in the suites if you have one. I book a suite from time to time but when I do 2 to 3 cruises a year mostly get a standard room with a balcony.

Other than that, pretty much same perks as Diamond status.

Dave in Ky

Thanks for the info Daveky.

I am not sure why I was on such a mission to make DP other than we love to cruise as go as often as possible and I was really hoping to get the upgrades ( love the suites). I wonder how often this perk is really offered????

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Daveky.

I am not sure why I was on such a mission to make DP other than we love to cruise as go as often as possible and I was really hoping to get the upgrades ( love the suites). I wonder how often this perk is really offered????

Since my last post and cruise in December about Diamond Plus suite upgrades,

did get the Suite upgrade in September they offer. Currently, you can call in to C & A exactly 3 weeks now from your sailing date, ask to speak to a Diamond Plus rep, and if there are 5 or more suites available no matter what the combination of size of suites, you can ask for a free upgrade. Got free upgrade to an Owner's Suite this time. Don't know exaclty how many suites were available but I know at least 15+ based on checking availability. The 3 week before sailing to check on the upgrade is new and some Diamond Plus reps are not aware and will say 2 weeks, so just ask for them to check with their supervisor.

So, a nice surprise on this sailing and looking forward to the Diamond Plus perk

this time.

Happy sailing.

Dave

Can you retroactively request double credits for suites? I thought that the policy counting suites as two credits was new as of last year (meaning that prior suites counted only as one credit). If I'm allowed to go back and request two credits for suites I sailed in prior to last year, I'll be diamond!

Monarch -- 1994

Radiance -- 2001 (suite)

Explorer -- 2002 (suite)

Navigator -- 2003 (suite)

Mariner -- 2004

Navigator -- 2004 (suite)

Mariner -- 2005

No, we did a long member cruise on the Vision, but it was before they offered the double credits. I asked a few weeks ago when I called C&A to tally up our credits, and he said that we couldn't get the double credits retroactive to the date they started it.

We're up to 17 credits, so if we did a 3-nighter and 3 more longer cruises, we'd be DP. That's an incentive!!!

I like the post above about the suite upgrades for DP's.

Interesting thread.

We sailed on the Constellation in April in a CC aft cabin and received 1 and one half credits that RCCL accepts. So you can count on Celebrity also for cruise credits. We love Celebrity but it is an older group of people sailing. We go on RCCL when our adult children come with us as there are more activities geared towards families. Would love it if every time we paid for their cabins we would get the credits!!!!!! Happy Sailing Everyone!

We sailed on the Constellation in April in a CC aft cabin and received 1 and one half credits that RCCL accepts. So you can count on Celebrity also for cruise credits. We love Celebrity but it is an older group of people sailing. We go on RCCL when our adult children come with us as there are more activities geared towards families. Would love it if every time we paid for their cabins we would get the credits!!!!!! Happy Sailing Everyone!

Confused here as Celebrity cruises do NOT count towards RCI program. The only benefit is reciprocal privileges between the lines.

Archived