Victory excursion question

CruisinCrow

I posted this on the Cozumel board but didn't get any responses, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

We'll be in Cozumel on the Carnival Victory in January from 1-10 PM. I'd like to try the Mexican Cuisine Cooking and Tasting excursion but I'm not sure how it will work with our port hours. Carnival's website says the tour starts at 1:30 and lasts 5 hours. The tour is also supposed to include time at the beach at Playa Mia. But it will be dark early that time of year!

Has anyone else done this tour with those odd hours? If so, did you have beach time before cooking?

It looks like a lot of fun so we may do it even if it's too late for the beach. :)

I believe that ship time an local time are an hour apart in Cozumel? So you are actually in port from noon-9 local time?

Yes, I think so. But sunset is at 5 o'clock local time so I don't think there will be time for the beach after cooking. That's ok, it still sounds like a fun tour and something different.

I wasnt there those hours but 4 of us did this excursion a few years ago and it is worth it whether you have time for the beach or not

Thanks for the feedback! We've been to Cozumel many times but we've never done anything like that before so I think we will give it a try.