Carnival Breeze- balcony... can't decide please help!

MissLianne

OMG so many reviews!

Don't know what to do.

I keep reading deck 6 isn't great because deck 5 is right below you- so no privacy there.

I managed to snag down cabin 6468 which looks like a bigger balcony. I see it's a weird lay-out and the balcony looks bigger- anyone have pictures or any thoughts?

OR

should I just book a regular mid ship cabin (deck 7 or 8) which have favourable reviews?

Final payment is tomorrow so I just want to get this done!

Thank You!

OMG so many reviews!

Don't know what to do.

I keep reading deck 6 isn't great because deck 5 is right below you- so no privacy there.

I managed to snag down cabin 6468 which looks like a bigger balcony. I see it's a weird lay-out and the balcony looks bigger- anyone have pictures or any thoughts?

OR

should I just book a regular mid ship cabin (deck 7 or 8) which have favourable reviews?

Thank You!

My personal favorite is the cove balconies on the Dream class ships. We've also had the longer balconies (like 6468 has) which are nice. However, on the Magic, you have a lounge right below 6468 so you may get noise from it (i.e. comedy club).

I second the Lido balcony. We had 10290 on our B2B last April on the Breeze and will have it agoin this April

We had 10278 for our April cruise on the Breeze, and LOVED it. Except it was a connecting cabin, which I didn't catch when I booked it:mad::mad: Thank GOD the people next door were relatively quiet. lol

We are eyeing up 10290 in April. Can't get much closer than that!!!:D:D

I'm not sure about the deck 6 cabin you mention but be aware some of the odd shaped cabins don't have sofas. While I agree with all the lid fans, you didn't ask about deck 10. To answer the question you asked, I recommend deck 8 port side. Reason for port side is the seaside bbq is starboard on sea days. Big crowds/lines for a couple of hours.

I'm not sure about the deck 6 cabin you mention but be aware some of the odd shaped cabins don't have sofas. While I agree with all the lid fans, you didn't ask about deck 10. To answer the question you asked, I recommend deck 8 port side. Reason for port side is the seaside bbq is starboard on sea days. Big crowds/lines for a couple of hours.

While you are correct, that the OP didn't ask about the Lido balconies, we are just offering our opinions. If the OP is booking on the current sale, there is no additional charge to book the Lido deck.:o

I, too, recommend Deck 8, we were in 8336, great location, high enough up to be private while on balcony. Easy walk up to Lido. Be forewarned about Deck 6....there truly is NO privacy. The Lanai deck runs completely around the ship and sticks out beyond the balconies....so you can easily see onto balconies of Deck 6 (Upper) and even Deck 7 (Empress) balconies. Also watch out for the location of the balcony in relation to the location of the hot tubs....on our Med cruise they were used ALOT, they are lit up and can be noisy into the night with partying crowds....wouldn't want to be directly across from them (and there are 2 on port side and 2 on starboard side). Hope this helps you choose.

OMG so many reviews!

Don't know what to do.

OR

Thank You!

I would recommend an aft balcony room....balcony is larger and the view is amazing!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

OMG so many reviews!

Don't know what to do.

OR

Thank You!

I recommend the Premium Vista Balcony on Deck 9. Very nice cabins at the 8D regular balcony price! We have one booked for our B2B on the Dream. Though they accommodate a max of two people, the balcony is worth it! They are most likely gone for your cruise since you're already at final payment date. In that case, go with an Aft Extended View. ;)

Edited by shawne71

• 1 year later...
I, too, recommend Deck 8, we were in 8336, great location, high enough up to be private while on balcony. Easy walk up to Lido. Be forewarned about Deck 6....there truly is NO privacy. The Lanai deck runs completely around the ship and sticks out beyond the balconies....so you can easily see onto balconies of Deck 6 (Upper) and even Deck 7 (Empress) balconies. Also watch out for the location of the balcony in relation to the location of the hot tubs....on our Med cruise they were used ALOT, they are lit up and can be noisy into the night with partying crowds....wouldn't want to be directly across from them (and there are 2 on port side and 2 on starboard side). Hope this helps you choose.

Do you by chance have any pics of Breeze cabin 8336? We are staying in that cabin next January. So excited!

I second the Lido balcony. We had 10290 on our B2B last April on the Breeze and will have it agoin this April

Even though the OP didn't ask, I also recommend Lido deck.

We had 10278 for our April cruise on the Breeze, and LOVED it. Except it was a connecting cabin, which I didn't catch when I booked it:mad::mad: Thank GOD the people next door were relatively quiet. lol

We are eyeing up 10290 in April. Can't get much closer than that!!!:D:D

We sailed 10274 on Dream and 10277 on both Breeze and Magic. We didn't have any problems with the connecting door. In fact, we made good use of the handle-it was a great place to hang damp bathing suits. :D

The BBQ is located closer to mid ship.

Information for anyone who might be sensitive to cigarette smoke, the Red Frog Pub has a outdoor smoking section on the port side, forward. The whole Lanai on port side is smoking.

Disclaimer-this is not a soapbox nor an invitation to debate. It is for informational purposes only.

OMG so many reviews!

Don't know what to do.

OR

Thank You!

Loved cabin 6468. Quiet area, great views, and extended balcony (75 sq. Ft).

20140926_185602_zpslgxogtas.jpg

20140926_185537_zpsgakyvtiy.jpg

20140926_153342_zpshi97auot.jpg

20140926_153328_zpshdupcmhm.jpg

20140921_134008_zpsxho1spw0.jpg

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

We just got off our second cruise on the Breeze this past Sunday. Fantastic trip.

On our first trip we had a spa level balcony on Deck 10. Would do these balconies again in a heartbeat! Not only do you have the best location on the ship but you also have premium access to the Cloud 9 Spa. If it works into your budget it is definitely worth it.

This past trip we tried a cove balcony (#2403). We thought the cove balcony was great with a few caveats. First, if you are a sun worshipper don't book a cove balcony. Although the perspective of being so close to the water is amazing and you have significantly more privacy than any other balcony on the ship the trade off is that you do have the overhanging lifeboats above you. Second, select your cabin carefully. We were directly under the galley and heard noise at 4:30 am on three different nights (out of 8).

I would personally never pick a balcony on Deck 6. You will not have any privacy at all due to the lanai on Deck 5.