Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Princess Cruises Post-Cruise Tour and Transfer:

After crossing the 17th Street bridge and a scenic ride along the beach front we headed for Las Olas. Most of the stores were closed since it was Sunday and before 9am when we drove through. We continued on with the driving portion of the tour and ended up at Las Olas again around 10am. We were given 30 minutes to walk around and then return to the bus, or walk the four blocks back down to the Carrie B. The tour boat departed with three bus loads of cruise ship tourists promptly at 11am.

The waterway tour was pretty nice and the big boats, yachts, and mansions impressive, at least by West Virginia standards. ;)

By 12:30pm the tour was over and we were headed for the airport.

At 12:55 we arrived at FLL and remained seated on bus until all luggage was offloaded (took about 5 minutes). The bus then departed with the MIA bound guests.

Now it's just a waiting game until the 4-hour window pre-flight before I can check my luggage. My flight departs at 6:39pm. Argh. :(

They started check-in for some 6-7pm flights and I made through that and TSA in about an hour. Only two agents working the general screening lines. Already camped out and the local To-go restaurant and ordered lunch. Fours hours until take-off. Can't believe the two weeks on Royal Princess went THAT fast!!!

Hi Dave,

Please share some of your thoughts...did it meet your expectations? What were the hits and misses?

Thx,

Carole

Hi Carole,

It will take me a day or two to get my thoughts together and put them down in writing. Hopefully in the mean time other folks will also chime in with their reviews and thoughts. Once I get back to West Virginia and download my camera pictures onto Flickr I'll post a link here as well.

I have to 'flip' my hours over again and get ready to go back to a life of midnight shifts. It was nice while it lasted. ;)

David! Strange thing happened with Grey Kitty II the other day. Feral cats stay outside! I came out to my garage on Tuesday and there was Feral Grey Kitty II on the roof of my car. As I entered the garage, of course she scrambled off the roof, TOWARD ME, but onto the floor and immediately under the car and headed toward the open door. Then she stopped, still under the car, and meow'd for about 30 seconds. I went into the house, got a bowl of Iams cat food and came back out, but she had run across the street and stood there watching. I rattled the bowl, calmly called her, then put the bowl down and got into my car and went to work. Naturally, when I got home from work that afternoon, the bowl was empty. Just seems strange that while you are away from home, MY Grey Kitty II gets just a wee bit more friendly. I'm sure YOUR Grey Kitty will be all over you once you walk through the door at home!! :-) Thanks for your sharing and excellent coverage. I'll stay tuned for follow-ups. Safe travels home!