Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Dave

Thank you so much for bringing the ship to life with your photos and reviews

We are going on a Royal New Year and sharing these last few weeks of your experience with my family has only brought great anticipation for our trip to start

It has been a truly great honour to be a part of your vacation

I hope that you had a wonderful time

take care

All the best

Just want to mention that Princess has the disembarkation down to a science. Fantastic job - sorting people into color groups, grouping the luggage. I was impressed.

Someone asked which terminal in Ft Lauderdale. It was #2.

Also, want to tell Princess that the shampoo/conditioner in the rooms (a big container of it) was awesome. We tried to buy some at the Lotus Spa but they don't sell it. You do not have to bring shampoo or soap. They have large containers in the shower. Good stuff !

Finally made it home about 11:30am this morning, Gray Kitty and all. Travel Insurance should cover the overnight hotel under trip interruption so no worries there. And much to my relief, and due to a schedule mix up, I actually don't go back to work until tomorrow night.

I'll spend the next day or two downloading pictures and getting some final thoughts together, but first I need to get about 12 hours sleep. ;)

11402851514_1fd7deb638_c.jpg

11402851544_663eb5b5f5_c.jpg

You do not have to bring shampoo or soap. They have large containers in the shower. Good stuff !
It's probably a matter of personal preference but the containers, to me, are really, really tacky. Plus, if you don't use shower gel (many don't, including me), it's nice that they also have soap. From now on, I'm going to always bring shampoo and ask for soap... and use the tacky container holder as a shelf.

Dave, sleep 14 hours if you have to, you have been one busy guy the past 2 weeks. Glad you got that extra day off before returning to work. Again, you did an amazing job on this thread! Thanks for everything!!!!

TenneSea, really liked your production show pictures taken in the Princess Theater. My wife and I thought the shows were the best we ever saw on a Princess ship. We were on the Royal the week of Nov. 3rd, we made sure we saw all the shows onboard.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I understand what you're saying about the provided shampoo and soap. I also brought all of my own, not knowing what to expect, but they provided such a wonderful product, I always used it.

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is planning a cruise on the RP and didn't know what to expect.

I know I was pleasantly surprised. My sister and I went right to the Lotus Spa to see if we could purchase the same to take home. Could not.

What better way to end a vacation than to have your connecting flight cancelled. Will be spending the night in Dulles. :(

Yeah, that's the bad, nasty weather coming across the Midwest, to the northeast. Clogging everything up!! Hang in there! You will make it sooner or later. Prayers your way!!

It's probably a matter of personal preference but the containers, to me, are really, really tacky. Plus, if you don't use shower gel (many don't, including me), it's nice that they also have soap. From now on, I'm going to always bring shampoo and ask for soap... and use the tacky container holder as a shelf.

Pam, I couldn't agree more. NEVER use shower gel! Never have and never will. SOAP! born with it, raised with it, and will die with it. (But not on a rope around my neck!) :eek:

Just as an aside Shower Gel or Body Wash does not leave the scum that bar soap does. Bar soap has a bit of wax in it while the liquid/lotion ones don't. Sure makes keeping the shower wall and/or glass doors so much easier to keep clean. Ran into the same situation on HAL, loved the Steiner products in the shower dispensers but they were not carried by Steiner onboard. :mad:

David I do hope you are going to be able to catch up on missed sleep and get your body ready for midnight tomorrow.

I agree. One reason why they are so positive is due to Dave. Another is that they are informative. With clear and documented information, people can make educated decisions whether the Royal is the ship for them or not.

Absolutely TRUE Pam! I had originally only booked the Dec. 1st sailing on the Royal until I read the "Everything" thread. I was so impressed by it that I booked the Dec. 8th sailing as well! The Royal Princess met and exceeded my expectations. It was an honor to sail with David on both cruises. He is a true gentleman and his kindness and generosity is endless! I can't wait to sail on the Regal Princess next year!

Did not see shower gel; only shampoo, conditioner and bar soap. Lotion on the sink. Is bath gel a suite only amenity?

As I recall the pump bottles attached to the shower have conditioning shampoo & shower gel. Being elite on the sink were three 2 ounce tubes containing conditioning shampoo, shower gel & lotion plus a bar of soap.

Finally made it home about 11:30am this morning, Gray Kitty and all. Travel Insurance should cover the overnight hotel under trip interruption so no worries there. And much to my relief, and due to a schedule mix up, I actually don't go back to work until tomorrow night.

I'll spend the next day or two downloading pictures and getting some final thoughts together, but first I need to get about 12 hours sleep. ;)

So thankful you and Gray Kitty are both home safe and sound (and purring):)

Looking forward to all those wonderful photos. You have set a very high bar for all future photos posts from the Royal Princess!!

I usually bring some nice fragranced shower gels with body lotion, always collect samples throughout the year which come in handy when on vacation or away for a few nights. Never thought about the unsanitary aspect of having multiple occupants using the same shampoo and conditioner in the dispensers. Yeah, would have to agree, it does gross me out as well.

I usually bring some nice fragranced shower gels with body lotion, always collect samples throughout the year which come in handy when on vacation or away for a few nights. Never thought about the unsanitary aspect of having multiple occupants using the same shampoo and conditioner in the dispensers. Yeah, would have to agree, it does gross me out as well.
Bet if you go to almost any hotel, even 2-star hotels, you'll get individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion... not a container on the wall.

Bet if you go to almost any hotel, even 2-star hotels, you'll get individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion... not a container on the wall.

I was a little puzzled by the bottles of shampoo and body wash bolted to the wall. Why did they do it?

Was it because people stuffed the little tubes in their luggage and the cabin attendants had to replace them daily?

Was it for convenience? Maybe. Who knows. Just an odd thing.

I was a little puzzled by the bottles of shampoo and body wash bolted to the wall. Why did they do it?

Was it because people stuffed the little tubes in their luggage and the cabin attendants had to replace them daily?

I'm sure it's all about cost savings. If they buy the product by the gallon it's surely cheaper than buying the hotel sized bottles..

I agree. But lately, they just refill the same bottles as a cost savings, equally gross!

Don't throw out your junk mail! I received some nice sample packets of Pantene shampoo and conditioner recently. I have short hair so can get a few uses out of them and just toss when finished. :D

I agree. But lately, they just refill the same bottles as a cost savings, equally gross!

It's for cost savings and to eliminate millions of tiny plastic bottles that might end up in a landfill somewhere... personally, I think it is a worthy endeavor.

I think I'll pass on posting my review of the Royal Princess cruise.

Sorry, but I liked the shampoo.

TenneSea, Please do not pass on your review. Every review of the Royal is appreciated.

I thought there was just a healthy debate by everyone one going on as to what they like as far as shampoo/conditioner. Everyone is different and perfers different things. I am not a big fan of the large containers, but if they save me room in my luggage, I can use them for one or two weeks.:)