Driving directions to cape liberty

itsmecarrie

Which Holiday Inn are you staying...what city is it in. Most cases the N.J. Turnpike to exit 14 is maybe the only way I can say without knowing which city you will be in...Staten Island would be a different highway completely. As would coming from N.Y.C

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Which Holiday Inn are you staying...what city is it in. Most cases the N.J. Turnpike to exit 14 is maybe the only way I can say without knowing which city you will be in...Staten Island would be a different highway completely. As would coming from N.Y.C

Sorry, we will be staying at the holiday inn in newark

B.C.. Turnpike to exit 14, GPS should work fine to get you there. Anywhere north of Jersey City GPS would confuse you, road work being Done there has changed many exits and rerouted straight roads into loops. I grew up there and can't figure out what they did.

To help a little more exit 14 is Exit 14A, 14B, and 14C, Holland Tunnel. It's been a while since I've been there but I believe it's 14C to Route 440, there will be signs posted to get to the port. Where I live now I can take backroads but that would confuse even more, plus I live right next to Newark...so trust me when I say the Turnpike is easier.

B.C.. Turnpike to exit 14, GPS should work fine to get you there. Anywhere north of Jersey City GPS would confuse you, road work being Done there has changed many exits and rerouted straight roads into loops. I grew up there and can't figure out what they did.

To help a little more exit 14 is Exit 14A, 14B, and 14C, Holland Tunnel. It's been a while since I've been there but I believe it's 14C to Route 440, there will be signs posted to get to the port. Where I live now I can take backroads but that would confuse even more, plus I live right next to Newark...so trust me when I say the Turnpike is easier.

No!

The correct exit for Cape Liberty is 14A (not 14C)...and if they're staying at the Holiday Inn at Newark Airport on Rt. 1, they probably should be getting to Exit 14A via I-78 East, not the main NJ Turnpike.

After paying the toll at 14A you have to go up a ramp that is to the right and then continuing making rights until you reach 440. Then make a left onto 440 and a left onto Goldsborough Dr., which takes you into the port.

Carol (138east) has the best directions from 14A to the port. I'll see if I can find them.

Edit: Here are 138east's directions:

The signage is poor when you get off the NJ Turnpike at exit 14A. Basically you go straight across the toll plaza and up a ramp that curves left. You stay to the right and make a right at every opportunity until you come to the light at route 440. You make a left, stay, left, and make the first left turn at Goldsborough Drive. This road merges with Port Terminal Blvd which goes out to the ship.

Edited by njhorseman

No! Please don't guess an exit number when you don't actually know the right answer.

The correct exit for Cape Liberty is 14A (not 14C)...and if they're staying at the Holiday Inn at Newark Airport on Rt. 1, they probably should be getting to Exit 14A via I-78 East, not the main NJ Turnpike.

After paying the toll at 14A you have to go up a ramp that is to the right and then continuing making rights until you reach 440. Then make a left onto 440 and a left onto Goldsborough Dr., which takes you into the port.

Carol (138east) has the best directions from 14A to the port. I'll see if I can find them.

Edit: Here are 138east's directions:

The signage is poor when you get off the NJ Turnpike at exit 14A. Basically you go straight across the toll plaza and up a ramp that curves left. You stay to the right and make a right at every opportunity until you come to the light at route 440. You make a left, stay, left, and make the first left turn at Goldsborough Drive. This road merges with Port Terminal Blvd which goes out to the ship.

They are all three same exit is what I was saying...hoping you our 138east would come in on the exact exit...either way they will see signs to the port. The other thing was they were told GPS won't work which from there it should, they didn't change the roads over there like in J.C. Plus I take the backroads to Bayonne, but drive past exit 14 daily never taking it but once in a blue moon.

Once on the exit they shouldn't have any difficulties getting to the port, no?

They are all three same exit is what I was saying...hoping you our 138east would come in on the exact exit...either way they will see signs to the port. The other thing was they were told GPS won't work which from there it should, they didn't change the roads over there like in J.C. Plus I take the backroads to Bayonne, but drive past exit 14 daily never taking it but once in a blue moon.

Once on the exit they shouldn't have any difficulties getting to the port, no?

We have had reports of strange routines by GPS from exit 14A to the port. In theory there should be no difficulties, but......the port entrance was actually rerouted significantly a little over a year ago and the last time I checked, the Directions on the web for Cape Liberty were not yet updated.

Please follow the " no brainer" rights and lefts directions that njhorseman posted. If you can manage to drive straight across the toll plaza and up a ramp, you should be fine.