Another Dress Code Query

sardensav

I am not sailing (QM2) until July, but already have my lists of "gowns", stoles, bags, "bling' etc made out - of course I will change my mind over these dozen or more times between now and July.

As previously stated I never actually wear "casual" , (not even during the day, ) I cannot comprehend why anyone would pay $$$$ or more , and then say they do not wish to "dress up".

My problem is that I have champagne taste but beer income. To put it into TV jargon, I have Downton Abbey ideas but Call the Midwife (Poplar) money. Yes I really did live in Poplar during the 30's and 40's.

I am not sailing (QM2) until July, but already have my lists of "gowns", stoles, bags, "bling' etc made out - of course I will change my mind over these dozen or more times between now and July.

As previously stated I never actually wear "casual" , (not even during the day, ) I cannot comprehend why anyone would pay $$$$ or more , and then say they do not wish to "dress up".

My problem is that I have champagne taste but beer income. To put it into TV jargon, I have Downton Abbey ideas but Call the Midwife (Poplar) money. Yes I really did live in Poplar during the 30's and 40's.

Many of us are in the same boat, so to speak!

When we were in Winchester last summer, I thought of visiting Highclere Castle (the setting of Downton Abbey) and asking the Earl of Carnavon to adopt me so that I could live in the manner (and the manor) to which I would love to be accustomed. But we decided instead to visit Jane Austen's home in Chawton. And so we sailed home on QM2, as elegant as ever, but still watching our pennies.

Edited by Thaxted

Hullo Thaxted, looking forward to our Meet and Greet in July. Still only few of us .

From a TV program I think the Earl might have asked you to make him a loan so that he could join us on Cunard. A neighbor (Buddy) insists he, Buddy, is poor, and that I am rich, because I cruise Cunard.

Yesterday he came to ask advice re his taxes ( as though I would know the answers?) He brought paper work and I realized that he has 4 times the income and 6 times the capital as myself. I wish I was as poor as he is!!!!

My copy of Cunarder arrived yesterday, saw a great deal on OBC but for new bookings only. Thanks to advice from "Lady Hudson" I was able to make an advantageous booking for my July trip so I am quite happy.

For any solo booking now for a TA in July they can get double OBC .

Until July

Lynn

Many of us are in the same boat, so to speak!

When we were in Winchester last summer, I thought of visiting Highclere Castle (the setting of Downton Abbey) and asking the Earl of Carnavon to adopt me so that I could live in the manner (and the manor) to which I would love to be accustomed. But we decided instead to visit Jane Austen's home in Chawton. And so we sailed home on QM2, as elegant as ever, but still watching our pennies.

Unfortunately for the Earl of Carnavon and his family, the days of the nobs living like the Crawleys are long gone. They too have to watch the pennies and now live in apartments in the big houses!

• 2 weeks later...