is my cruise booked out?

snoopy19

Hello

Besides the fact that my cruise i am looking at is not on special it appears it is sold already!

but maybe i have annoyed the website too much looking at the cabin choices!

is there any aussies out there can see if they can book an inside cheapest room on the repositioning ship asia 3/5/15 for one body.

funny i was still deciding and not that it appears to be gone i am disapointed!

thanks for your help

:-)

Hi Bekka

thank you, i went and looked again and it is now playing!!!

sad my cruise is not on sale and it has gone up!!!!

still unsure if i should book it at this stage the day tours are not leaping out at me simply cause they are not ready to be seen. the ports sound wonderful but will i get to see what they are saying. they mention a tour on one of the ports (puhket perhaps the elephant stop) but it is not there. i would like to do caves and elephants but not possible! also one mentions a jungle but no mention of a tour!

i need to hurry there are 4 rooms left!!

any suggestions? it is the rhapsody ship.

i have not been on a ship before so don't laugh if i have things backwards!!

leaning towards room 2509 as it is the end room at the front (?) but am worried about the space behind the room, perhaps that is the noisey pipes and every time someone flushes i will hear!

2535 no way unless it is free next to the lift!!

3501 sideways room has a L shape space next to it. what is that space, is that the cleaning cupboard and will hear them banging getting their cleaning equipment?

3657 my second choice it is at the end of the ship. but is right next to a double room, it might have screaming kids and a teething toddler!!!

thanks again for your help :-)

There are way more than 4 rooms left in each category. The North Ameican website used to only display 6 rooms at a time. It sounds like the Aussie site only displays 4 at a time. So, there is lots of availability. If you want a certain cabin, there should be a place to search for a cabin number.

my tracking website says theres 68% of the rooms left.

There are 2 categories of insides, so I'm not sure which one you are looking at. I would think long and hard about booking the smallest one. 142 sq ft is not much at all. Every extra sq foot makes a huge difference. The panoramic ocean view cabins look nice to me.

You can get noisy neighbours anywhere on a ship. There is nothing you can do about that. Close to an elevator is actually desirable. The elevators are not noisy at all and the cabins are separated from the elevator lobby by insulated walls, even though these don't show on the deck plans.

The white spaces behind the insides are crew workspaces.

thanks for the reply!!! i think my category is the shoe box room, smallest of the interiors there is only 4 left. as i went to the largest interior and heaps of options came.

i only earn $37 thousand after tax so with mortgage etc etc etc it would be impossible to get the next room up.

it is already well over budget at $3200 before factoring in flights etc but hey you only live once and we don't have a use by date on our bottoms (thankfully) but i rather see the world than work work work..

unsure how big the rooms are. my house is an ex hotel unit and is 51sqmetres so it is rather tiny. but good enough for one! one bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living. so i am picturing my bedroom and where the wardrobe is, is where the shower etc is. the rest is my space. yes a tiny space and hopefully i wouldn't be stuck in there too long, but resting with some books for a day would be ok.

was hoping to get the special but didn't get it! and they put the price up!

so if i do book it will be 15 months of noodles, eggs, mince meals but well worth the sacrifice i think!

the lift room, thanks for the info. but you will have herds of people walking past your door and been on holidays they will forget some body is there and could be noisy and could be talking loudly etc. stayed once next to a lift in a hotel and all night i was so scared,thought somebody was breaking in! hard to pick a room, pity there is no technology where we could beam into the boat have a look about pick a room and beam out!!

thanks for your help :-)

Oops I didn't scroll down far enough. Those ones are only 132 sq ft - that includes the bathroom too.

Prices usually decrease in January.Are you eligible for the WOW sale? You would get $200 off and a decreased deposit. It starts Monday. 3657 is at the end of the hall, so it would be best for noise level.

hello

just googled the 132 and that looks like 12 sqm.

so went and measured my room rather roughly as it is late by myself and things in the way!

my room is

3.5 by around 3.2 (metres)

bed is 1.5 by 2

again very very rough!

so my room sounds like the size of the room i will have! not fun if i am going to be stuck in there for days but ok for a day. according to the picture on the site they have a couch in there! well if i took everything out of my room, 2 bedsides, bookcase, chest of drawers, computer and rubbed the wardrobe out, it would be a tight squeeze to fit the couch in. as the wall with the wardrobe and computer is my teeny tiny bathroom on the boat. (picture loo one end and shower at the other with sink in middle)still cant see how the couch fits. perhaps we are given a pole vault to vault into bed!!!

i suck at feet measurements and am such a visual person so hard for me to picture it really.

the website saids there is a sale on but my cruise has nothing!!! perhaps i should wait to january. if i put a deposit with the travel agent i wonder he will change it if it goes cheaper?

enjoy sunday, getting close to monday here :-)

Edited by snoopy19

The bathroom will take up about 2.5 sq m. The closet another 1 sq.m. The bed is about 2 m x 2 m. So, you will have about 9 sq m in the room, and the bed will take up 4 of those, plus you have other furniture. If you do a search on cruise critic or google, you may be able to find pictures or even a video.

hi Boulders

glad i worked out it roughly like you said tiny. now if I had to sit in my room for two weeks i would go nuts. hopefully that won't happen on a 14 day cruise, although we do have five days at sea doing nothing. but you do get to go outside for a swim and to eat and what ever activity they put on. unsure though what happens if it is really really choppy and the boat is going up and down like a rollercoaster. is it like an aircraft instead of been belted into your seat, you are told to stay in your cabin and don't move! if that is the case again i dont think it would last 14 days! unsure if the furniture is bolted into place but if it isnt i.might put one of the side tables into the cupboard just to give myself a little more room. also hopefully find the money tree between now and then so i can upgrade.

again thanks heaps for your help :-)

There are times when I book the smallest room, I am rarely there anyway, it is just a place to sleep and shower. Are you able to take advantage of the WOW sale that starts tomorrow? I cannot speak about TA's outside of the US but you will usually not get a price drop if you work with a TA. Have a fantastic time with whatever you choose.

after much number crunching i have booked today. things will be tight now if i do my standard roster but if I do penalty shifts i should be right. i should be excited but am actually feeling if i have done the right thing. i think cause it is so far away and we dont have any idea what is around the corner. i am sure i am going to be fine.

on another note how do you find your threads? i am going thru the pages to find them as there is no copy anywhere and searching my name doesnt bring up posts!

thank you to all the helpful posts

:-)