Barbie Premium Experience

My husband, myself and our two daughters (ages 9 and 5) just returned from a 3 night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas. Our girls are big Barbie fans, so we decided to sign up for the Barbie Premium Experience. We are really glad we did. It was worth every penny and then some.

Our girls were very excited when they saw the "Barbie Girls Onboard" magnet on our stateroom door and the Barbie door hanger, but you should've heard the squeals when we walked into the stateroom. It was like Christmas morning! LOL

There were two pink Barbie blankets, two of the pillows had Barbie pillow cases, there were two Barbie dolls, two packages with three changes of clothes for each of the dolls, and two Barbie activity books.

The Barbie activities were held on Sunday when we came back from Coco Cay. The Mermaid Barbie dance lesson and rehearsal for the fashion show began at 4:45, and at 5:20 the family members were allowed in to watch the show. It was really well done and much more elaborate than I was expecting. They had an MC who announced each of the girls in the show every time they walked the red carpet and struck their poses wearing the various accessories (boas, sunglasses, crowns, skirts, etc.). Afterwards they performed their Mermaid dance. After the show, they each got to pick out another doll as a friend for Barbie, and then we went over to Adventure Ocean where there were some family Barbie activities open to everyone (arts and crafts, Barbie movie, Barbie Wii game, etc.).

Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive about booking this as I couldn't find much information about it ahead of time at all. There was some information posted about the Barbie package on the 7 night cruises, but I really wasn't sure what we would be getting on the 3 night cruise. I knew it wouldn't include the Teacups and Tiaras party or the Fashion Design workshop, but I really had no idea if we would still get all the same goodies in the stateroom. I didn't want to end up paying $75 per child and end up with just a couple of Barbie dolls. LOL We were very happy to find so much included.

Hopefully this information will help out others who are considering the package for a short cruise,but may be apprehensive about booking with so little information out there about it. While it would've been nice to have done the full package on a 7 night cruise, considering we had two kids to pay for, I was more than happy with what we got for our $150. I'm sure our girls will be talking about their "Barbie Cruise" for a long time to come!

Thank you for sharing your information. We are sailing on a 7 day cruise in March on the Allure and I can no longer find the Barbie Experience information under activities or anywhere else in the cruise planner on the RCI website. We specifically selected this cruise (Spring Break) for my granddaughter who is a Barbie fanatic. We gave her a choice of Disney or Barbie and she definitely wanted the Barbie Cruise. I hope RCI is not canceling the Barbie Experience in 2014. Does anyone know? :confused:

Glad your girls enjoyed it. Mine are all grown , but would have loved something like that. BIG BIG Barbie fans :)

I have to admit that after growing up with 3 sisters and raising 2 daughters I cringed thinking about walking into a cabin with a sign stating THE BARBIE EXPERIENCE....I pictured thousands of those little shoes all over the carpet waiting to be stepped on with bare feet or sucked up into the vacuum *LOL*

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked The Barbie Experience for my granddaughter when we sail on the Allure in March for 7 days. I was very surprised when I was only charged $199 instead of $300+. Does anyone know if RCI has dropped some of the Barbie activities or the room decorations and doll with this price drop? I applaud RCI if they adjusted pricing based on customer comments about the original steep price, but I will be disappointed if they have also removed some of the activities and perks. I can not get definitive information on the RCI website. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently experienced this program with the new pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

We've literally just got of Rhapsody and my girls loved their barbie experience! It was $300ish each aud. They got blanket and pillow case, a barbie, barbie bag, pack of barbie clothes, barbie activity book, a magnet sign on cabin with "special barbie guest", barbie door hanger and a barbie lanyard for sea pass. They got 6 barbie activities ( barbie wii session, barbie storytime, barbie fashion workshop (where they made3 barbie outfits), barbie tea party, barbie dance class and it all end on thr last sea day with a barbie fashion parade. There were only 5 girls including mine doing it so it was very exclusive and the adventure ocean staff called them all barbie girls throughout cruise. Definatley worth the money!

We've literally just got of Rhapsody and my girls loved their barbie experience! It was $300ish each aud. They got blanket and pillow case, a barbie, barbie bag, pack of barbie clothes, barbie activity book, a magnet sign on cabin with "special barbie guest", barbie door hanger and a barbie lanyard for sea pass. They got 6 barbie activities ( barbie wii session, barbie storytime, barbie fashion workshop (where they made3 barbie outfits), barbie tea party, barbie dance class and it all end on thr last sea day with a barbie fashion parade. There were only 5 girls including mine doing it so it was very exclusive and the adventure ocean staff called them all barbie girls throughout cruise. Definatley worth the money!

Thank you for sharing your information. I am so happy your girls enjoyed this experience. My granddaughter is really looking forward to it. :)

Thank you for sharing your information. We are sailing on a 7 day cruise in March on the Allure and I can no longer find the Barbie Experience information under activities or anywhere else in the cruise planner on the RCI website. We specifically selected this cruise (Spring Break) for my granddaughter who is a Barbie fanatic. We gave her a choice of Disney or Barbie and she definitely wanted the Barbie Cruise. I hope RCI is not canceling the Barbie Experience in 2014. Does anyone know? :confused:

We are going 3-29-14 on Oasis an cant seem to book it online either. When I click on the link from our reservations page it takes us to shore excursions and there is no Barbie package to be found.

We are going 3-29-14 on Oasis an cant seem to book it online either. When I click on the link from our reservations page it takes us to shore excursions and there is no Barbie package to be found.

I was able to reserve for our 3-23-14 cruise on the Allure. When you get into your Cruise Planner, click on activities. It will take you to the shore excursions page. In the upper right hand corner of that page you should see a blank box with "Go" next to it. Click on the box and a menu will drop down. Select "Barbie Experience" and then click Go. That should take you to the Barbie page. About half way down the page you will se a box that says "reserve." Click on that and it will take you to the reservation page. On our cruise, we found that RCI assigned the event on the last day of the cruise (3-29) at 8 a.m. Obviously, it is a week long event, so don't let the date and time confuse you. Once you reserve, you should receive an e-mail from RCI that confirms your reservation. I was charged $199. I can't remember if I read this on this thread or another, but the only activity a CC member did not see listed in the package is the tea, which may explain the reduced price. If all else fails, I suggest you call RCI directly and see if the customer service rep can reserve for you. Good luck!

I was able to reserve for our 3-23-14 cruise on the Allure. When you get into your Cruise Planner, click on activities. It will take you to the shore excursions page. In the upper right hand corner of that page you should see a blank box with "Go" next to it. Click on the box and a menu will drop down. Select "Barbie Experience" and then click Go. That should take you to the Barbie page. About half way down the page you will se a box that says "reserve." Click on that and it will take you to the reservation page. On our cruise, we found that RCI assigned the event on the last day of the cruise (3-29) at 8 a.m. Obviously, it is a week long event, so don't let the date and time confuse you. Once you reserve, you should receive an e-mail from RCI that confirms your reservation. I was charged $199. I can't remember if I read this on this thread or another, but the only activity a CC member did not see listed in the package is the tea, which may explain the reduced price. If all else fails, I suggest you call RCI directly and see if the customer service rep can reserve for you. Good luck!

Got it thank you very much.

I reserved the $199 package and on the first page before you click through to reserve the package, it lists the tea party. But it doesn't show the tea party on the 2nd page once reserves.

Also the main site no longer shows a tea party as included in the package, but $199 seems to be the new price.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=barbie

My 4 year old just started getting into Barbie recently. This will be a surprise for her - I think she will love it. I think she will be most excited about the stateroom decorations, blanket, barbie, etc.

I would much rather have $150 than the tea party! Does anyone know the schedule for when these events happen on a 7 day cruise on Freedom?

Edited by EviesCruisin

How old are your girls? My granddaughter wants to do it in March. She is 10 and I don't want her to be the only one around that age.

I reserved the $199 package and on the first page before you click through to reserve the package, it lists the tea party. But it doesn't show the tea party on the 2nd page once reserves.

Also the main site no longer shows a tea party as included in the package, but $199 seems to be the new price.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=barbie

My 4 year old just started getting into Barbie recently. This will be a surprise for her - I think she will love it. I think she will be most excited about the stateroom decorations, blanket, barbie, etc.

I would much rather have $150 than the tea party! Does anyone know the schedule for when these events happen on a 7 day cruise on Freedom?

I couldn't figure out how to book it online, so called RCI directly. The new price is $199 for 7 nights & still includes the tea party, dance class, fashion design show, fashion design class and Barbie goodies in the stateroom. They said the Tea party is Fri morning ( sea day) but other dates will be in itinerary in room.

I love the idea of this, but I wish they had something equivalent for the boys! My daughter would probably love it, but it would break my heart to see the look on his face when he looks at her room all done up with special activities to go to, when he doesn't.

Usually the cruise lines know how to capitalize on these things...find another way to shake $150 out of those of us with boys! ;)