Favorite Drink at the Molecular Bar?

2OldTravelers

All these drinks sound wonderful but I have to admit that I have no idea where the Molecular Bar is on the ship. Is it on the Eclipse and if yes, where? I'd like to find it because I've been missing out. Thanks.

Betty

Hi, Yes...on all S Class ships. If you look at a deck plan diagram...Deck 5, Midship...You will see a kind of horseshoe shaped bar...in the area labeled Galleria Tastings/Art Gallery. Thats the Molecular Bar ! (for some reason its never been labeled as such...on diagrams or onboard the ship) But...it's there...so Enjoy !!

So many sound good, but the Coming up Roses and Violet Hummingbird sound incredible.

Is there a molecular bar on the Millenium?

Sorry, unfortunately, No. Only on the S Class ships. But remember, Celebrity is rolling out their new Craft Cocktail menu on all ships (by the end of this month), and the sample drinks some folks have already posted on different Cruise Critic threads, look like some tasty concoctions as well !! Enjoy !!

Woody

Edited by rwr235

One drink at the Molecular Bar per day is the cost of the upgrade from regular to premium - worth every penny.

Speaking of upgrade to premium.

The 123GO gives you regular, how , where, when, how much to upgrade.?

Ps Molecular bar is awesome, but hardly ever see people there, wonder why?

upgrade is $11:50pd(inc grats) phone or onboard

AIUI it cannot be done on-line yet, I guess they may addd the updrade option as a lot of people will be doing it now the 123 is rolled out worldwide.

at $12 a few come buy and just leave when they find out

When there are plenty of people on the premium package it gets a lot busier as has been said one drink here covers the upgrade.

Remember premium also give 30% discount on bottled wine and any drinks over the limit are the difference in price not the full cost like the classic.

One thing you seem to be able to do onboard is upgrade just for the days left, so start out on the classic drink the cheap stuff then upgrade later and max out your value.

Hi,

As noted above...perhaps drink price ?...but also, as I answered for someone else...it's not labeled on deck plans, or on the ships themselves, or on those little ship directory/maps they hand out onboard (at least it wasn't on my past cruises) So, some folks onboard don't even know it exists...and since it is usually only open after 5pm (iirc)...if someone walks by when its not open...they have no idea what it is.

But, the fact that it's often not too crowded can also be a plus for those of us that enjoy it !!:D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

They also only serve their cocktails, you can't go and order just a scotch or a glass of wine etc, although on some occasions when they are quiet I've seen them do it.

I loved the tanned Russian, Lucky Cat and Dragonfly the most, plus an off the menu one called Indulgence (sort of like a chocolate martini), Appletini and this amazing berry concoction that I can't remember the name off. I loved the molecular bar, the drinks are amazing and it's a very social bar, you always get chatting with all the people sitting there, and commenting on everyone's interesting looking drinks :) The only one I didn't like was the Violet Hummingbird, I think it was the eggwhites that made it taste strange to me.

Love most of them, particularly the El Angel and Ginger Mojito. Don't like the ones with cream, milk, etc, but that's a matter of personal taste. My husband likes the creamy ones.

We go every night. Well worth the upgraded premium beverage package. Thanks to Santo and Carla on the Equinox now.

That's the Molecular Bar on the Silhouette. It was never crowded.

11ug9ww.jpg

no pick but it was full at least 3 evenings late on one night the girls were rushed oft he feet for 1/2 hour keeping up.

plenty other times all the bar seats were take so overflowing to the tables.

A few late night late there were badges from the show teams that were hanging out with a few of the PAX the sincity were finishing their contract.

Nothing on the menu at the Molecular sounds good to me

Nothing? As in nothing at all?? Really???

Do you just not care for cocktails or do you think they have totally missed the mark? I'm having trouble deciding which I'm dying to try first.

They also only serve their cocktails, you can't go and order just a scotch or a glass of wine etc, although on some occasions when they are quiet I've seen them do it.

I loved the tanned Russian, Lucky Cat and Dragonfly the most, plus an off the menu one called Indulgence (sort of like a chocolate martini), Appletini and this amazing berry concoction that I can't remember the name off. I loved the molecular bar, the drinks are amazing and it's a very social bar, you always get chatting with all the people sitting there, and commenting on everyone's interesting looking drinks :) The only one I didn't like was the Violet Hummingbird, I think it was the eggwhites that made it taste strange to me.

I LOVE The Indulgence:D.......it is fairly new compared to some

others......I also love The DragonFly:D

You are thinking of the Chocoberry?.........that one is a winner

too;)....sounds like we have the same taste!