Does Enchantment still have sewage smell problem?

CarolGS

We depart in 10 days and have an outside cabin on Deck 3. I can deal with average food, long lines, loud kids and a host of things that some people find annoying. However, I find sewage smells nauseating. If necessary, I will pay to upgrade to a balcony cabin on Deck 7. So, anyone just back and able to comment? Will my chances of of an odorfree cabin increase on Deck 7? Thanks.

I was on it recently and had a cabin on deck 3. Our room was fine, but I do remember one area in the hall that we walked by everyday that had a odor. It never spread to other areas so I didn't mind it. Our cabin was far forward so the smell was between our cabin and the front elevators.

There is no way to predict IF a smell will occur....it can happen at anytime, anywhere on a ship...that's just the way it is!

Bring some vapor-rub or mentholatum...you can dab it under your nose, should that sewage smell occur. Yea...it really stinks (literally!) when that happens! It's not only the lower decks that can get it... it can happen ANYWHERE!!! We had it in a deck 10 cabin for 6 out of 10 days once.

Edited by cb at sea

With over fifty cruises under my belt I have lost count at how many times I have got the "whiff" on a ship. It's just something that can happen on any ship. Some have been worse than the others but it is what it is.

I too have noticed the "whiff" in the hallways on several RCCL, CCL and Celebrity ships that I've sailed. But I've been fortunate so far that the odor was never coming up from the drains in my cabin. I just don't think I could bear that. The recent reviews seem to point to problems on the lower decks. So I am hoping to improve my odds on a higher deck. And if it comes down to it, I can always sleep out on my balcony. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies.