My worse January cruise travel nightmare happening for some today

INCHARGE

JMO- at this point it doesn't do much good to say "fly in early" since her hubby can't (yeah when I went to Alaska I flew in 3 days early haha)

:

It sounds like the OP has no problem with the husband missing the cruise thou:eek:

If you have to bail out by car, and can't get seats out of Jacksonville, try the Orlando airport - MCO.

There are several flights each day from MCO to SJU, and they're usually a little less than flying out of JAX.

Just watch out for all the sticky, germy kids.

Good luck!

Wendy

Edited by w&k

My wife and I are doing this exact same thing in March. Memphis to San Juan on the morning of our cruise. The ship doesn't depart until 10PM so that gives a little more time for possible delayed flights. I'm in the same boat with work (meteorologist), so we have no problem flying the morning of. I've already purchased a good trip insurance policy and I figure if we do miss the ship St. Thomas is the first stop and it's 80 miles from San Juan. There are many flights scheduled from SJU to St. Thomas on the day after our cruise sets sail. If we miss the ship we can book a flight to St. Thomas while still at SJU and then join the ship the next morning/afternoon.

Unfortunately, my hubby and I are flying on the redeye and land the day of our cruise into San Juan. We really had no choice when to fly because of schedules. Also we got a much lower cost when we purchased our flight through Carnival. If we get stuck in Chicago, augh...well we know that Carnvival has to fly us to the ship as soon as possible.

I am so terrified of something bad happening for our February cruise!

We live just outside NYC and the New York winter can be pretty awful and unpredictable...we're flying down to Jacksonville the day before our cruise so I HOPE nothing bad happens. My friends wanted to fly down the morning of the cruise but I put my foot down on that!

This is the first time I've cruised in the winter so I'm reeeeaally hoping everything works out! :eek:

Sending all others who are flying in the winter good vibes!