Excited about my cruise and...

che5904

We took the tour in Cozumel which included shopping and a tequila factory. The owner of the factory did an absolutely hilarious job of presenting the different types of tequila, and we had quite a few samples. The tour allowed us to see quite a bit of the countryside.

Mexico was quite different from our other

ports in that store owners and employees were constantly after us to look and buy. That tended to make me buy less than if they had just left us to browse.

Just like you Che -- I was getting worried because of all the bad reviews. There are going to be 18 of us going on the 1/19 cruise. I worry because I planned it and if it is not fun I am going to feel bad. :-( but I have yet to be one cruise that I couldn't make the best out of.

Just like you Che -- I was getting worried because of all the bad reviews. There are going to be 18 of us going on the 1/19 cruise. I worry because I planned it and if it is not fun I am going to feel bad. :-( but I have yet to be one cruise that I couldn't make the best out of.

Not worried, tired of doom and gloom.

OK, we've been warned, we are prepared, we get it. We hope NCL gets it too and fixes it. Time to move on.

I get why they originally posted the situation. Heads up to the upcoming passengers and notice to NCL to do something. Fine I'm good with that, I like a heads up.

But for the same posters to repeat over and over the same negative, IMO is "dog in the manger", I didn't enjoy my experience so I will try dampen yours.

Again IMO you've made your point now give it up. :D

Now I'm just looking for things that are positive to look forward to and get my excitement up.

Yes I too make my own fun and find lots of enjoyment. This is more about the anticipation rather than the participation in the vacation.

OK this looks like a good place to ask this, to my more seasoned cruisers on this thread, who may be cruised on a special day.

In Shelly11's review she says that New Years Eve was busier to get in to the MDR than any other night. Does anyone feel that this may be the case on valentines day as well? I wasn't planning on booking a specialty restaurant before I boarded but now rethinking, I should book that night somewhere before cruise to cut down a possible wait at the MDRs that night.

I will also be posting this on the ongoing thread about booking specialties.

Anyone's input would be appreciated.

Done worry, be happy.

Was one the Dawn twice this year. The spring Repo to Boston, and then a b2b boston-quebec-boston in Sept. Have nothing negative to report. The Crew is amazing, always smiling and welcoming. Virginia (sp?) the concierge is top shelf. She will be moving to the Jewel in January, after her vacation. Had no complaints about the food. As long as I'm not doing the cooking or clean-up... whats to complain about? lol. And there are too many options .....If the MDR menu didn't appeal to me, I went elsewhere... You will have a great time.

Unfortunately, its just human nature to want to vent, share, or warn others when you feel you've not recieved what you were promised, or feel that your service was subpar. Very few feel the need to share when all goes well or service is good. Thats the first rule of customer service.... unhappy customers will tell at least 10 people but happy customers just keep coming back. Work to keep em happy. LoL. Any vacation is what you make of it....

Not worried, tired of doom and gloom.

OK, we've been warned, we are prepared, we get it. We hope NCL gets it too and fixes it. Time to move on.

I get why they originally posted the situation. Heads up to the upcoming passengers and notice to NCL to do something. Fine I'm good with that, I like a heads up.

But for the same posters to repeat over and over the same negative, IMO is "dog in the manger", I didn't enjoy my experience so I will try dampen yours.

Again IMO you've made your point now give it up. :D

Now I'm just looking for things that are positive to look forward to and get my excitement up.

Yes I too make my own fun and find lots of enjoyment. This is more about the anticipation rather than the participation in the vacation.

Agreed!!

tired of all the negative.

Has anyone came back from a Dawn Western Caribbean that has anything good to say? Or photos they wish to share. Or port tips?

Our roll call is very very quiet. So not getting much enthusiasm from there.

Please :cool:

Our ports are: Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Belize City (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico);

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking the same thing!

I am purposely reading the negative with a grain of salt. I'm on vacation, I've budgeted travel time on either end, I know to bring extra entertainment options for embarkation and disembarkation for our 3 year old. Let's build the excitement here! What excursions are you planning? What specialty dinning?

I'm looking forward to dolphin encounter in Cozumel, we booked direct at an awesome price and same time as the cruise excursion. Also, booked teppanyaki for our last night of the cruise.

Norwegian Dawn

Western Caribbean

November 17-24 (2013) . . . so just a few weeks ago.

One production shows made my head hurt trying to comprehend what they were attempting (and failing) to get across.

Debarkation was sort of a big poo, which has been thoroughly discussed.

The rest of the week . . . which would be more than 95% of the total cruise experience . . . was VERY enjoyable, and I'd repeat it again with no hesitation. :)

The new entertainment troupe arrived onboard this week (12/8 sailing), and will be doing a lot of technical rehearsal during the week. That will certainly impact the amount of events scheduled in the show lounge that might be moved elsewhere during the week. A lot of the rehearsals will be done during "sleep hours" but others will be during the day.

Some of the new performers are from The Netherlands, which is somewhat new to NCL. I hope they'll enjoy their contract.

The crew onboard FAR exceeded my personal expectations for this particular week, and my conversations with numerous individuls about those concerns was quite eye-opening for me. Kudos to them, and their leadership, for overcoming challenges they can not control.

Also . . . I had some really delicious meals during the week. Yum!! :D

Edited by DGP1111

I am purposely reading the negative with a grain of salt. I'm on vacation, I've budgeted travel time on either end, I know to bring extra entertainment options for embarkation and disembarkation for our 3 year old. Let's build the excitement here! What excursions are you planning? What specialty dinning?

I'm looking forward to dolphin encounter in Cozumel, we booked direct at an awesome price and same time as the cruise excursion. Also, booked teppanyaki for our last night of the cruise.

We are really looking forward to ATV riding and horseback riding. 2 things neither of us has done before!

We havent planned on any specialty dining but did Le Bistro last time. It was really good. We might try the churascria. Im sure thats spelled wrong! :p

There was a different concierge from virginia this time.

You need a drink so some picks of last weeks time on the dawn

Martini?

Thanks Legion for posting all the photos. Can't wait to get out of the cold and snow and look out over the beautiful ocean.

And yes do a "tasting" or 2. We did 3 of these on our last NCL cruise.

Norwegian Dawn

Western Caribbean

November 17-24 (2013) . . . so just a few weeks ago.

One production shows made my head hurt trying to comprehend what they were attempting (and failing) to get across.

Debarkation was sort of a big poo, which has been thoroughly discussed.

The rest of the week . . . which would be more than 95% of the total cruise experience . . . was VERY enjoyable, and I'd repeat it again with no hesitation. :)

The new entertainment troupe arrived onboard this week (12/8 sailing), and will be doing a lot of technical rehearsal during the week. That will certainly impact the amount of events scheduled in the show lounge that might be moved elsewhere during the week. A lot of the rehearsals will be done during "sleep hours" but others will be during the day.

Some of the new performers are from The Netherlands, which is somewhat new to NCL. I hope they'll enjoy their contract.

The crew onboard FAR exceeded my personal expectations for this particular week, and my conversations with numerous individuls about those concerns was quite eye-opening for me. Kudos to them, and their leadership, for overcoming challenges they can not control.

Also . . . I had some really delicious meals during the week. Yum!! :D

Thanks Don, can't wait to see what this new troupe brings.

I liked the shows on our first cruise, that was when JAR was still there. The 2nd cruise I found the shows (well not as good).

Still sad that they changed their farewell song. I really like that one.

I was on this exact cruise over Thanksgiving and had a really great time. Yes, there were some embark issues, but other than that we had a wonderful cruise.

We didn't have any issues getting anything we asked for or any issues finding something delicious to eat. The crew seemed really nice and helpful to me.

Where are you going at the ports? I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Please keep your excitement!! :)

I was on this exact cruise over Thanksgiving and had a really great time. Yes, there were some embark issues, but other than that we had a wonderful cruise.

We didn't have any issues getting anything we asked for or any issues finding something delicious to eat. The crew seemed really nice and helpful to me.

Where are you going at the ports? I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Please keep your excitement!! :)

Thanks, this thread is the highlight of my day.

Our ports are: Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Belize City (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico);

Hi to everyone, We cruise with our kids and son in law on the 1-5-14 sailing!! We were on the Dawn out of Boston in September and had a great time. I too hope the On and Off will be more organized by January. We have planned a few excursions so far:

Roatan: stand-up paddle boarding, first time should be interesting:eek:

Belize: cave tubing with "Buts-Up":confused:

Costa Maya: took everyones advise and booked Maya Chan (sp):D

Cozumel: probably get off and go snorkeling somewhere....:rolleyes:

The kids ages 26, 25 and 22 are planning Zip-lining in Roatan and Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya.

Vacation is what you make of it, Personally I cant wait to gaze over the water and feel the warm breezes.....:)

che5904, I can give info on South Beach in Roaatan, Not bad, I free non alcoholic punch, expensive drinks, clean lagoon beach and great pool with slides etc. In Belize, we did the river safari and zoo. Boat too fast to see much, lunch so so and bus was 45 minutes late to go to the zoo. Im the total od 1hour, 45 minutes, we used 3 cans of OFF and it did not help. We were all bitten so bad by black flies, it was unbelievable. Itched and scratched for 4 days after we got home. Benadryl pills and lotions, all other stuff was useless. I contacted the zoo for help and was told it had to run it's course. May Chan in Costa May was fantastic. Arranged off the ship as not a ship excursion and all the reviews did not do it justice. Price was great, food even better and things to do were just great. Feel I should do a commercial as it was that good. Cozumel, been there done that too much, stayed on the ship. Hope that helps.

che5904, I can give info on South Beach in Roaatan, Not bad, I free non alcoholic punch, expensive drinks, clean lagoon beach and great pool with slides etc. In Belize, we did the river safari and zoo. Boat too fast to see much, lunch so so and bus was 45 minutes late to go to the zoo. Im the total od 1hour, 45 minutes, we used 3 cans of OFF and it did not help. We were all bitten so bad by black flies, it was unbelievable. Itched and scratched for 4 days after we got home. Benadryl pills and lotions, all other stuff was useless. I contacted the zoo for help and was told it had to run it's course. May Chan in Costa May was fantastic. Arranged off the ship as not a ship excursion and all the reviews did not do it justice. Price was great, food even better and things to do were just great. Feel I should do a commercial as it was that good. Cozumel, been there done that too much, stayed on the ship. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I haven't read too much great on that riverboat/zoo excursion. I'm still looking into what might be best for the bugs. But that will have to be gotten in Florida since we now have snow up here and not much call for bug spray :eek:. Did you use regular off or deep woods?