OBC using VISA points

Hi Cruise Critic friends - Info needed. About two weeks ago I went on to the Manage Rewards Online web site and requested some OBC for my cruise in Jan. I gave all the cruise info, requested, and printed the request page for confirmation. My question is how will I know if and when they send credit to the ship for my onboard credit? :confused: I've always called in the past and they sent a certificate for me to send to RCCL. This is the first time I've used the website request.

[quote name='DiamondSuiteCruiser']Hi Cruise Critic friends - Info needed. About two weeks ago I went on to the Manage Rewards Online web site and requested some OBC for my cruise in Jan. I gave all the cruise info, requested, and printed the request page for confirmation. My question is how will I know if and when they send credit to the ship for my onboard credit? :confused: I've always called in the past and they sent a certificate for me to send to RCCL. This is the first time I've used the website request.[/quote]
You should have received an email confirmation.

In addition, you can call whoever booked your cruise and request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This should show the OBC.

Note that depending on your cruise date, the OBC may not be applied to your booking for weeks. They sometimes process requests in order of cruise date. Edited by clarea

[quote name='clarea']You should have received an email confirmation.

In addition, you can call whoever booked your cruise and request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This should show the OBC.

Note that depending on your cruise date, the OBC may not be applied to your booking for weeks. They sometimes process requests in order of cruise date.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob, no email yet. I will maybe give it another week and call RCCL, They gave us an OBC and I wanted to add more to it since I had points getting ready to expire. Thanks for the quick reply.

[quote name='DiamondSuiteCruiser']Hi Bob, no email yet. I will maybe give it another week and call RCCL, They gave us an OBC and I wanted to add more to it since I had points getting ready to expire. Thanks for the quick reply.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I had the same experience as you and NO email confirmation. I waited until 2 weeks before my cruise and called RCCL to confirm that they had record of the OBC. They did and it magically showed up on day 2 of the cruise. It worried me at first, but now I'm glad I did it online & there was no hassle of mailing in a certificate! ;)

[quote name='gt_mustang_gal']Hey, I had the same experience as you and NO email confirmation. I waited until 2 weeks before my cruise and called RCCL to confirm that they had record of the OBC. They did and it magically showed up on day 2 of the cruise. It worried me at first, but now I'm glad I did it online & there was no hassle of mailing in a certificate! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I noticed the points have been subtracted so hopefully when I call it will be all good. You just hear all kinds of stories of OBC getting lost.

I went online on 11/19 and requested OBC. I received a confirmation email of my request right away, but that was it. I called on 12/4 to check to see if the OBC had been applied and it had. I requested an invoice and now have it just in case.

[quote name='gt_mustang_gal']Hey, I had the same experience as you and NO email confirmation. I waited until 2 weeks before my cruise and called RCCL to confirm that they had record of the OBC. They did and it magically showed up on day 2 of the cruise. It worried me at first, but now I'm glad I did it online & there was no hassle of mailing in a certificate! ;)[/quote]
This is the normal routine. Any OBC that is applied to your booking will show up on Day 2 of your cruise.

[quote name='Florida Scorpion']I've always received the email confirmation instantly, printed it out, and brought it with me just in case. Never an issue.[/quote]\

Same here. It is common for the OBC not to show up until day two onboard. You can look for it on your account on the TV in your room.

[quote name='DiamondSuiteCruiser']No email and I even checked my spam/ junk box, but it did ask me to print the page after as confirmation., so I do have that.[/quote]
The fact that you noticed points had been deducted is a good sign.