Booze Question ???

LibraByTheSea

DH bought a bucket of beer in the buffet at lunch one day and was told go ahead take the extras to any venue to drink anytime. Altho feeling a little uncomfortable, he carried an opened bottle out to one of the outdoor bars that evening. He was served a glass and the bottle was removed. No questions or concerns.

It happened- back in 2006- and I have no reason to concoct things up. Other guests witnessed it as well. Tacky, but hilarious at the same time.

Tony

Well I definitely didn't think you made it up but it's just so unbelievable. If you're drinking green wine you've probably gone too far to save a few dollars. That or you're reenacting some sort of adult Dr. Seuss book or having St. Patrick's Day fun. The white wine must have still had a hint of Scope too because that stuff is strong and would have remained in the plastic of the bottle a bit.

I once witnessed an elderly lady in the Sapphire's MDR drinking wine that she brought onboard in a Scope bottle. It was a white wine that she added green food coloring to. Tacky beyond belief.

Tony

Good God! Listerine would have been cheaper and would also have the desired effect, as long as you don't opt for the alcohol free version. (I'll drink anything) :)

Good God! Listerine would have been cheaper and would also have the desired effect, as long as you don't opt for the alcohol free version. (I'll drink anything) :)

Sadly, I've witnessed first hand your raging appetite for the devils's juice. May your liver rest in peace... :D

Tony

Although they intend for these drinks to be consumed in your room, there is no open container policy and who would be able to tell if you got the drink at the bar or in your room?

So long as it's in a similar glass/cup there is no way to determine.

I personally bring a travel mug with me for my coffee and tervis cup for no sweaty drinks and better insulated.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We bought several of the 350ml bottles thru room service. We mostly consumed them in the room bc our stateroom attendant told us to make sure we brought the empty glasses back. :rolleyes: Not sure what the big deal was. If he had not been outside our cabin at the time, we would have taken the drinks with us anywhere. Just not the bottle. Didn't want to lug that around. But yes, no way to easily determine where the glasses came from. It's not like the ones in the room are so obviously different like bath towels vs pool towels.

Can you order those 350ML after you are on the ship through room service or do you have to buy package ahead of time ?

Either but I believe they are a little less expensive if you order them through the gift website beforehand.