Breakaway Disembarkation carrying luggage

Epiro Funchal

The times can vary a lot, some times it can be as early as around 7am or 8am, sometimes the arrival could be delayed and you could get out only an hour or two later. (That happened to Gem in NYC recently.)

Usually the last passengers are wanted out from the ship around 10am and it applies to all passengers regardless of their chosen method of luggage handling.

Edited by Demonyte

We headed down to deck 7 at 850, and out of the port by 930 walking out with our own luggage. This was with a delay for about 10-15mins due to a back up in the terminal being too crowed.

When we got to deck 7, there wasn't that big of a line, maybe 30-40 ahead of us, and it moved really quick once we got moving.

If you are not in any hurry, leave your luggage out, and just pick a disembarking time. We took our luggage off once when we were in a hurry, and there was a huge delay. We find it might easier to let them deal with the luggage, and then grab a porter when we gather it up at the pier (saves a lot of time at customs - worth the tip).

We headed down to deck 7 at 850, and out of the port by 930 walking out with our own luggage. This was with a delay for about 10-15mins due to a back up in the terminal being too crowed.

When we got to deck 7, there wasn't that big of a line, maybe 30-40 ahead of us, and it moved really quick once we got moving.

Thanks for the info!

There may be someone to pick me up upon disembarkation.

It sounds like I should allot about 45 min or maybe a little more to be on the curb.

So if I go to deck 7 by 9 AM I should on the street by 9:45.

In case I need to cross the road, are there any pedestrian crossings nearby?

How about 48th st, if that's where the Breakaway docks?