Statendam OV question

hal lover

A few years back I cruised an inside cabin on the MS Statendam. The cabin had a SOFA. Anytime that I have cruised on the MS Maasdam in an inside or ocean view cabin, there has been a SOFA in the cabin.

Am now inquiring about an upcoming cruise on the MS Statendam and am being told by an independent cruise sales agent that not all of the inside and ocean view cabins have a SOFA. Does anyone know this to be true?

It has always been my understanding that on the R class ships the inside and ocean view cabins had the same furnishings.

The agent that I am talking to has never cruised on a R class ship with HA.

Thanks to all!

All the outsides and "large" insides should have at least a love seat, and some have a full sofa.

The "standard" insides may not have a sofa or love seat, though. I'm not as familiar with the "standard" insides as I am the "large" ones, as they are just too small for my taste.

Sorry, by SOFA I meant loveseat.

I have booked the guarantee inside cabin and have always been upgraded a bit to at least a cabin that has a loveseat/SOFA. On the R class ships.

I know on the Vista that you can get (and I did) a cabin with only a hard chair. Not good!

I have been checking out Joanie's site. Most of it is comparing a sister ship.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of all this before I call to put a deposit on a HI & Bora Bora 30 night cruise.

I really appreciate all of your help!

I have booked the guarantee inside cabin...

But which KIND of inside cabin? Standard? Or large? The large will have at least a loveseat, and possibly a sofa, if it's a quad.

The cabins on the S-class ships are the same as the same category cabins on the R-class ship. Location can make a difference, but category rules.

Edited by RuthC

But which KIND of inside cabin? Standard? Or large? The large will have at least a loveseat, and possibly a sofa, if it's a quad.

The cabins on the S-class ships are the same as the same category cabins on the R-class ship. Location can make a difference, but category rules.

Oh boy! Ms Ruth I can see that I am about to get quite an education here! And here I thought that I knew it all! ;)

I have booked standard inside. Always got a large inside. J-K.