Bringing Liquor other then Wine??

Idislikeusernames

My Husband and I don't drink wine and were wondering if we are able to bring a small bottle of Vodka on board in lieu of wine?

Is there any accommodation for those who do not drink wine?

Sorry, they will not allow you to carry any liquor onboard.

Since you are a light drinker, buying drinks at the bar shouldn't be a big expense for you.

Also, there is a big markup on bottles from Bon Voyage, but if you like your drinks weak, there are about 33 oz per liter bottle. So, technically you could get 33 drinks out of 1 bottle.

Drinks at the bar will run about $6-8 plus 15% gratuity on each drink.

Google rum runner travel flask or look on Amazon. Look at my pic. The bags us the back are them with 750ml of vodka each. Oh and to all those who will certainly post how bad I am for smuggling. I already know. Bwaahhahaha

Oooh I gotta get some of these.

This is our preferred method :D A little more work, but worth it. Only we buy the shrink wrap seals and completely seal them back. DD takes one with liquor and I take a wine. DD and I still contribute to the cruiseline with beer and non-alcoholic beverage purchases. To each their own :p

So, what does popcorn have to do with this thread?

Sent from my iPhone 5C using Forums mobile app.

It's fun to eat popcorn while reading the mayhem between the pro alcohol smuggling group and the folks who tow the line and do not smuggle alcohol on the ship. :D

To answer the OP's question, no you cannot bring on vodka in place of wine. You have to decide if it is worth the risk of being caught and having your vodka confiscated.

My Husband and I don't drink wine and were wondering if we are able to bring a small bottle of Vodka on board in lieu of wine?

We accidentally took multiple mini-bottles and a pint bottle on our last cruise. In a checked bag.

We figured the worse that could happen would be confiscation.

Thanks for all the replies, just think it is a shame they are so specific. To me it would make more sense to say you are allowed 1L of alcohol per person rather then make it specific by saying only wine. We get migraines with wine and don't want one during our holiday. O well. Won't ruin my holiday to have no alcohol.

ONLY 15 MORE DAYS !!!

Thanks for all the replies, just think it is a shame they are so specific. To me it would make more sense to say you are allowed 1L of alcohol per person rather then make it specific by saying only wine. We get migraines with wine and don't want one during our holiday. O well. Won't ruin my holiday to have no alcohol.

ONLY 15 MORE DAYS !!!

Alcohol sales are their number 1 money maker, if they let everybody bring on alcohol they would in turn raise the price to cruise.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

ONLY 15 MORE DAYS !!!

Now THAT'S the kind of attitude everyone should be having!:D:p

Have a wonderful vacation!;):D

I took a cruise Thanksgiving week, I had 2 rum runners in checked luggage, also carried on 2 12 packs of coke and one 12 pack of water along with 2 bottles of wine. Also while in Nassau I purchased a bottle of Bacardi pints and put it in the pocket of my cargo pants with no problem. And yes I did have a $200.00 bar tab

We are going on our 6th cruise next month and we have always "smugged" a fifth with us....about two weeks before we cruise I go to our local party store and ask him to order me the fifth in a plastic travel bottle and put it in a gallon size freezer zip lock baggie and put it in the middle of my checked bag and it has always made it to the room.....I always figure the worst that can happen is they confiscate it.....it's not like they make you walk the plank...LOL :D Good luck and a have a great holiday!

Sorry you can't bring Vodka on board. I think we're lucky that Carnival allows us to bring a bottle of wine onboard.