Sailing out of Philly

The pier is off I-95 in the old Navy Yard. You exit at Broad Street. As for a hotel stay in center city, the old city section. There is a Sherton that is vey nice. You olny about 10 minutes from the pier.

Marc

What a wonderful website- thanks for sharing Merion_Mom!
You are so very welcome. I love my hometown. :D

I wish they would make one for every port- it would save me hours of CC questions:D
But where would be the fun in that?!?!?! LOL!

Carol

Thanks for all the help....we've been to Philly....but did not know where the port was.....as for us....I think the current plan is to stay over in AC the night before (can't get away from the gambling)....how far should I plan to drive in the morning?

What's the best way to get from the airport to town, town to port, and port to airport? We are staying a few nights ahead of time next month somewhere near downtown (sorry--been ~27 years since I was in Philadelphia). I was thinking it was all reasaonbly easy to get around using cabs, but I'm kinda cheap at heart, so if there's a shuttle or public transit alternative, that'd be grand as well.

1. Airport to town - there is a train, the R1 line, Airport Express train. Here's a link to the schedule and route: http://www.septa.com/service/pdfs/R1Airport.pdf(oh, here's another link for the trains: http://www.phl.org/taxis_trains.html)

2. town to port - I just looked at SEPTA (http://www.septa.com) and don't see any bus routes that are going to be helpful. Just take a cab. Sorry about the fare increase that went into effect 7/1/05. ;)

3. port to airport - so far, no apparent shuttles are servicing the port, but the airport shuttle companies may pick up on this new business. Other than that, the airport is VERY close to the port, so a cab won't cost much.

Carol

We leave on Tuesday on the Enchantment out of Philly. Since we only live 20 minutes from the pier - we will be driving and leaving our car. Will let you know about parking when I return.

DH and I just sailed out of Philadelphia last August. We only live about 20 minutes from the port and our daughter dropped us off and picked us up. But the parking lot is just about a block from the pier...they have shuttles taking you to and from the ship from the parking lot. We talked to several people on the cruise who used the lot and they were quite satisfied with the set up. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Donna

Archived