Must do St Kitts??

Oliver311

Our favorite has always to take the catamaran to Nevis. Feels as if you are walking around on a Post Card over there. Not good snorkeling and the beach often tend to be rough but it is extremely pretty.

The train ride is another option and lots better than you might expect ... rather fun way to see the island. :)

LuLu

~~~~

If you're into history, consider a trip to Brimestone hill Fortress. It's high up on a hill, and is quite impressive. The views from the fortress is also quite good.

I'll also 2nd the suggestion on the train trip.

Aloha,

John

We have been to St Kitts twice and heading there again in Jan 2014.

We have rented a scooter and went to the Fortress- it was amazing and view from there was amazing. This time we are heading to Cockleshell beach- which is unfortunetly the other side of the island.

If you haven't seen it- the Fort

We did a day tour in a military jeep and had a blast. Saw beautiful scenery, went off road a few times, owner of vehicle was very informative and went to a beach with few people but the twenty or so on the trip. This is a bumpy ride, though and you have to climb into back of jeep but I would do it again. This year did a day trip to Nevis. Was a pretty boat ride over (45 min) as you go down the coast of St Kitts. Then we took a vehicle around the entire island with various stops at a plantation, some historical sites, a hotel/beach location where the royals stay, and ended with a lunch and two hours on the beach. Very pretty island and the water was calm and warm. Enjoyed both and would doeither again. Beware of private tours with a small number of people as there have been reports of armed robbery in some of the obscure locations on St Kitts. Oh yes, the day trip to Nevis was a group of less than 20 and was a rccl tour. Love the smaller groups.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We did a day tour in a military jeep and had a blast. Saw beautiful scenery, went off road a few times, owner of vehicle was very informative and went to a beach with few people but the twenty or so on the trip. This is a bumpy ride, though and you have to climb into back of jeep but I would do it again. This year did a day trip to Nevis. Was a pretty boat ride over (45 min) as you go down the coast of St Kitts. Then we took a vehicle around the entire island with various stops at a plantation, some historical sites, a hotel/beach location where the royals stay, and ended with a lunch and two hours on the beach. Very pretty island and the water was calm and warm. Enjoyed both and would doeither again. Beware of private tours with a small number of people as there have been reports of armed robbery in some of the obscure locations on St Kitts. Oh yes, the day trip to Nevis was a group of less than 20 and was a rccl tour. Love the smaller groups.

Did you book this tour privately? If so who did you book with.

No it was through the ship but I think we were on princess that trip. If you google military jeep excursion in St Kitts I bet you could find who to connect with, though. St Kitts is beautiful and so I hope you find a good way to see it if not the jeep.

When we went to St Kitts we just walked out to the taxi waiting area and made an arrangement with a taxi driver to take us out to Brimstone Fortress and Romney Manor and Gardens. He was very informative and spent the whole day with us. Better and cheaper than a ship's tour!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an island tour with Pereira Tours and it was fabulous - Liz the owner was great (before and after our trip) and our guide Rose was amazing. We saw Brimstone, Caribe Batik, Dieppe Bay (where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean Sea), Black Rocks. Amazing views from Brimstone - I would highly recommend this tour - very reasonably priced as well.

We booked with Thenford and did a tour. Brimstone has absolutely amazing views, Romney manor was nice to walk around and we enjoyed watching them make the Batik. We went to where the Ocean and Caribbean meet and again amazing views. We went to shipwreck beach which is nothing special but I had never seen black sand before so it was different. Once in the water, just look around and really take in the fact that you are swimming at the bottom of a mountain - again just enjoy the scenery. I probably had never said "WOW!" as much as with all the beautiful views we saw that day. We really enjoyed seeing the spectacular views St Kitts has to offer.

Our favorite has always to take the catamaran to Nevis. Feels as if you are walking around on a Post Card over there. Not good snorkeling and the beach often tend to be rough but it is extremely pretty.

The train ride is another option and lots better than you might expect ... rather fun way to see the island. :)

LuLu

~~~~

LuLu, do you recall which catamaran, how much etc.?