NCL travel insurance ??

Smellytoes

My in-laws booked the Gem last minute. They're supposed to leave on Monday(I think). BIL has gingivitis that has become infected and they want to cancel. Does anyone think the insurance that they purchased through NCL will even cover that?

I believe that NCL's policy has a cancel for any reason provision so if they can't cancel under the medical coverage they may be able to under that, but they will need to act quickly. I would say their best bet is to call the provider and find out.

My understanding was that you couldn't purchase cancel for any reason after final payment was due. They just booked the cruise about 2 weeks ago. Not only that but the gingivitis is something he's had for years. Definitely a pre existing condition.

From what I understand with NCL insurance. I generally get for my older grandmother when she travels with us.

If the diagnosis is considered pre existing then the NCL insurance will give u 75%relief credit to a future cruise. If the high option was purchased then the credit goes to 90%. Haven't had to use it but that is how it was explained to me.

My understanding was that you couldn't purchase cancel for any reason after final payment was due. They just booked the cruise about 2 weeks ago. Not only that but the gingivitis is something he's had for years. Definitely a pre existing condition.

I believe cancel for any reason coverage is standard in all of NCL's policies. As I said they should call and ask (there is a time limit I believe for them to cancel for any reason, 48 hours prior to departure is coming to mind).

My in-laws booked the Gem last minute. They're supposed to leave on Monday(I think). BIL has gingivitis that has become infected and they want to cancel. Does anyone think the insurance that they purchased through NCL will even cover that?

Hopefully they called this morning.