QM2 Christmas Cruising live thread

Underwatr

Underwatr, Thanks for the great pictures. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm guessing that was snow in the Grand Lobby and not confetti.

I love those little characters in front of the tree. Has anyone, besides me, noticed that they are dressed in all Burberry?

Nice that you got two gifts. Till now, we've always gotten "one" gift per cabin. I've always enjoyed the gifts. Even if you have no use for whatever......they make a lovely souvineer gift.

U I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm guessing that was snow in the Grand Lobby and not confetti.
I assumed Whitemarsh was being cheeky. I only regret not taking pictures of some beverages for him. :)

It was a very stable water-based foam. It didn't "melt" for a long time. Some woman had apparently been standing under the middle of the snowfall for some time and it was piled a couple of inches high on top of her head. Likewise it remained on the pine garland along the stairs for at least half an hour. Ten years or so ago I was at Disneyland (California) in December and they used similar snow over Main Street after the nighttime parade.

If you click on the snowfall picture and blow it up you can see a bit of it stuck to the bald man's head.

• 2 months later...
Hi,Salacia. You've linked to the CDC notice for St. Martin which has been up for a few days; my last post links (via the underlined word states) to the applicable page for the Dutch side at St. Maarten at which there is still no notice.

I'm not saying the CDC is infallible or that their method for posting notices follows a process that the rest of us would consider logical, but what I was looking for was evidence of any changes to the official situation. It's difficult for me to search the various sources whle onboard, but perhaps the UK equivalent to the US CDC website has new or different information, for example.

It's just 6 AM and we're already docking in St. Kitts. We will be here until 9:30 tonight to facilitate what the Commodore likes to call "Technical Works."

...4 months later:

"...The chikungunya outbreak in the Western Hemisphere that began with two autochthonous cases on St. Martin (FR) in early December has hit a milestone of sorts. There are now greater than 20,000 confirmed and suspected cases of the mosquito borne viral disease in the French Caribbean and parts of South America.

According to the ECDC, there are now 3,366 confirmed and 17,896 suspected cases of chikungunya reported from 11 islands/countries bringing the total to 21,262..." copied from http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/chikungunya-outbreak-tops-20000-confirmed-and-suspected-cases-in-the-caribbean-72045/

...4 months later:

"...The chikungunya outbreak in the Western Hemisphere that began with two autochthonous cases on St. Martin (FR) in early December has hit a milestone of sorts. There are now greater than 20,000 confirmed and suspected cases of the mosquito borne viral disease in the French Caribbean and parts of South America.

According to the ECDC, there are now 3,366 confirmed and 17,896 suspected cases of chikungunya reported from 11 islands/countries bringing the total to 21,262..." copied from http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/chikungunya-outbreak-tops-20000-confirmed-and-suspected-cases-in-the-caribbean-72045/

i brought this issue up before we sailed on the xmass cruise about the warning. some one here wrote back there was no issue according to ST Marrtin BUT a warning for ST Martin:rolleyes:. we were not overly concerned but we did apply repellent more often. there were many notices [signs/billboards] on the island warning people. thank you for the update as we are going on that cruise again. i usually check on things like that before we sail ,i hope it abates for every ones sake