A Breakfast Annoyance

Alipius

Breakfast is generally not too bad: and the views are usually superb; but, other than that, there is really nothing food-wise to get one rushing out of the Cabin for.

However, one particular item found in the warming-tray nearest the tomatoes has sometimes kept me there (in the Cabin, that is): the so-called Hash Brown.

Those on Seabourn seem to serve as a means of bringing Oil to the mouth in solid-form. The potato has to be looked for, and only sometimes found. Never really tasted. And, even then, the crunchy poly-unsaturated surroundings nuke it. This, no matter how early you get there. (Well, this and all of the above is my opinion, anyway.)

Enquiries tell they are bought made-up. However, good ones can, and are, readily made from frozen mashed potato, milk, butter and flour.

Edited by Alipius

Breakfast is generally not too bad: and the views are usually superb; but, other than that, there is really nothing food-wise to get one rushing out of the Cabin for.

However, one particular item found in the warming-tray nearest the tomatoes has sometimes kept me there (in the Cabin, that is): the so-called Hash Brown.

Those on Seabourn seem to serve as a means of bringing Oil to the mouth in solid-form. The potato has to be looked for, and only sometimes found. Never really tasted. And, even then, the crunchy poly-unsaturated surroundings nuke it. This, no matter how early you get there. (Well, this and all of the above is my opinion, anyway.)

Enquiries tell they are bought made-up. However, good ones can, and are, readily made from frozen mashed potato, milk, butter and flour.

How else will future cruise lines get bio-diesel to fuel their engines? ;) I'f they're willing to bring aboard pre-made stuff they might as well just contract out to McDonalds for their version.