Review of Carnival Glory Eastern, Dec. 15-22, 2013

CruzCrazy

We have that room booked in September, super excited! How loud is the shade as it goes up or down? I saw a YouTube video and it seemed quite loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's kind of an electric hum. If there is no other noise going on in the cabin, I guess it could seem kind of loud, but it didn't bother us. I never raised them until DH was out of bed in the mornings because it would be enough to wake someone--especially with all the daylight that would come streaming in.

We put them all the way up one night right before going to bed so I could get sunrise photos the next morning.

If I had it to do over, I think I would raise them about halfway right before going to bed. That way I could have seen outside first thing in the morning without waking up DH. I'm always up before him.

Keep the room pictures coming !

We have 9201 booked on the Valor next month. :D

No problem...I probably took more pictures of this cabin than all of the balcony cabins we've had (except maybe the bowling alley balcony on the Miracle). Here are a few more of Glory 9201:

1511240_10202271883510456_1078465479_n.jpg

1536472_10202271884070470_1997284137_n.jpg

1532127_10202271886750537_1723123329_n.jpg

999903_10202271889550607_1703653963_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
Who was your maitre'd?

I wish I could remember his name. He came around and spoke to us individually and seemed to be on top of things, especially with the new menus. I checked my Fun Times, but I don't see his name listed there. Sorry.

I wish I could remember his name. He came around and spoke to us individually and seemed to be on top of things, especially with the new menus. I checked my Fun Times, but I don't see his name listed there. Sorry.

Thank you for trying. Some are better than others, I was just curious to see who we might be dealing with. Thanks again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I bet that was an awesome sight to see the fireworks.

I just realized something else, and that is that I am not plagued with "mal de debarquement" after this cruise (where you still feel the motion of the ocean even after being back on dry land). Of all my 10 cruises, this is the first time I have not had that afterwards. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that our view was forward rather than watching the water rush by on the sides....just wondering. I guess that phenomenon would be kind of like people who get car sick in the rear seat but not in the front seat while looking out the front windshield.

I spent more time in the cabin than ever before, too. DH wants another cabin like this for our next cruise, but they are very hard to come by. Just doing a quick check, I only found one available for the time span of November 2014-March 2015 :(

Just a heads up..even if the Scenic Oceanview is not listed as available doesn't mean that it is already booked. For whatever reason some of the ships don't have it listed as available. I called to check for our March 2016 trip and both were available but neither showed up on the Carnival site! Booked them both!!!! Ya us!!!

Just a heads up..even if the Scenic Oceanview is not listed as available doesn't mean that it is already booked. For whatever reason some of the ships don't have it listed as available. I called to check for our March 2016 trip and both were available but neither showed up on the Carnival site! Booked them both!!!! Ya us!!!

I've heard that, so when we got a specific date in mind for Dec. 2014, I called and asked since they were not showing up online, but the rep said that were taken and assured me that they would show up on the website if available.:rolleyes: I didn't bother arguing with her. We ended up booking on RCI instead.

I do know that only 10 of each cabin type show up at a time, so we always call to see if our balcony of choice is available if we are looking for a specific balcony, but you would think since there are less than 10 of these scenic ocean views that they would all show up. When we booked 9201, it did happen to show up online and I booked it online, so go figure. Never hurts to double check, though, so thanks for the reminder. :)

• 3 months later...

I usually book online, direct with Carnival, but 9201 wasn't showing as available on their website. I had seen it on Expedia and wanted to see if Carnival's rate was better. I went ahead and booked it on Expedia (9/26/15) , I wanted this cabin!! Then I went to Carnival's website and grabbed the FTTF pass too :)

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I enjoyed your review! We were lucky and have 9201 booked for our upcoming cruise on the Glory in October. This will be our first Carnival cruise and I have read that each cabin only has one outlet - I wondered if that was true for this cabin also? I am trying to pack light and was not planning on bringing a power strip or hairdryer...how is the hairdryer in the room? Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but I enjoyed your review! We were lucky and have 9201 booked for our upcoming cruise on the Glory in October. This will be our first Carnival cruise and I have read that each cabin only has one outlet - I wondered if that was true for this cabin also? I am trying to pack light and was not planning on bringing a power strip or hairdryer...how is the hairdryer in the room? Thanks!

Hi there!

I think you're going to love 9201 on the Glory. We spent more time than usual in the cabin when we had it.

There is one outlet box (with 2 plug-ins) in the desk area below the mirror. I usually just bring one of those small adapters that turns one plug into three. It's smaller than a power strip and does the trick for us.

About the hairdryer they provide--it's like a small travel size. If you have a lot of hair, you may want to bring one from home. If I tried to use the hairdryer they supply, I'd be there forever. I'm kind of particular about my hairdryer, though, so you may be okay with it. I have to have 1875 watts and a diffuser, so I make room for my own.

Hope you have a great cruise! We've been on the Oasis of the Seas and the Breeze since our cruise on the Glory, but we still talk about what a great time we had on the Glory and how much we loved 9201...