Free WIFI

Isa65

As of this week, there is Free Wifi in the entire Willemstad downtown area.

The local government has started with a pilot - so there's no need for our cruise guests to all hole up in Starbucks to have access to internet.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't find it worked by the ship but once you got out into the town, it worked no problem. My husband and I sat in a couple different parks, let the kids play and caught up with work/home for a few minutes.

I didn't find it worked by the ship but once you got out into the town, it worked no problem. My husband and I sat in a couple different parks, let the kids play and caught up with work/home for a few minutes.

I read online that you have to fill out some type of online questionnaire first in order to use it. Did you have to do this? Are they asking for your email address etc. in order to send you promotional emails?

I read online that you have to fill out some type of online questionnaire first in order to use it. Did you have to do this? Are they asking for your email address etc. in order to send you promotional emails?

We didn't have to give any information. I was using my wifi on my cell phone to connect, I pulled the sim card out for the trip so I wouldn't be charged if someone called or texted me. I just went to my settings and hit connect. If I remember correctly I don't even think there was any terms/conditions and if there was it was just a check box. Never gave my email address to anyone and haven't received any junk emails or anything.

I am in Curacao right now. We connected to the free wifi downtown, right by the bridge. All you do is turn on the wifi on your phone, and connect to it. No info is required to be given out, and I dont even know how you would do that anyway. You just connect to their wifi like you would anyone else's that is unlocked. I must say, though, that the speed was incredibly slow but it was better than no connection at all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

To add to my earlier post, we are now on Seaquarium beach, specifically at Cabana beach, and there is free wifi here too. This has been great here in Curacao, staying connected while eating and imbibing on the beach rather than having to head back to the ship to use our internet package.

To add to my earlier post, we are now on Seaquarium beach, specifically at Cabana beach, and there is free wifi here too. This has been great here in Curacao, staying connected while eating and imbibing on the beach rather than having to head back to the ship to use our internet package.

Working today ( 2/18/14) as well. Fairly strong signal at Wilhelmina Plein, but lost it when we moved to a restaurant a few steps down a side street. Got WiFi signal rom an Italian restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app