Barefoot Beach Cabana Map

janeyzee

I got a Barefoot Beach Cabana Map from our concierge in November, it might help some of you decide which cabana is right for you. I also posted a bunch of pictures in Facebook and it's a public link so even if you aren't on Facebook you can see them. The map is in there, but I'll post it here too. If you have any questions about Barefoot Beach, let me know. This is accurate as of November 2013.

DSCN5623_zps38621bff.jpg

View from our S1 Cabana - wanted a hilltop but hubby ended up with a bum knee right before the cruise so we switched to a Standard Cabana. It was private enough and very comfortable. It was right inside the gate to Barefoot Beach.

DSCN5927_zpsf0ce8c3c.jpg

And yes the beach is quite rocky. Pebbles, stones, shells, not sure what all was on that beach but I needed water shoes to wade in, otherwise I was slipping all over the place.

DSCN5910_zpsc4a4b596.jpg

I miss my coconut tree....just got back had a great time...beach has its section of seashells but the water is warm and gets deep fast

I was surprised how quickly it got deep. The shells and rocks seem to be on the right side as you're wading in, not as much on the left side. Loved it there!

This past July was the nicest and sandiest the entrance to the water was at barefoot beach in the last 4 salings, so soft that we did not wear our water shoes in...

I hope it stays that way.

Sea Ya

I wonder if they clean it out but then the currents bring the shells and rocks back? It was a nice beach even with those rocks but water shoes were a must in November when we were there. Still enjoyed the water no matter what, very relaxing day in Labadee.

I wonder if they clean it out but then the currents bring the shells and rocks back? It was a nice beach even with those rocks but water shoes were a must in November when we were there. Still enjoyed the water no matter what, very relaxing day in Labadee.

I wonder too, we enjoy that beach so much---- love your pictures, what a beautiful day you had.

Ahh July is so far away

Sea Ya

Thanks so much for this information and your great pictures on facebook. Very helpful. We have a beachfront (one of the two) cabana on Barefoot Beach reserved for our March Oasis cruise and I was curious to see where they were located. I wanted an over the water one, but the helpful concierge recommended a beachfront, since my mother has mobility issues. Thanks again. Laura

Thanks so much for this information and your great pictures on facebook. Very helpful. We have a beachfront (one of the two) cabana on Barefoot Beach reserved for our March Oasis cruise and I was curious to see where they were located. I wanted an over the water one, but the helpful concierge recommended a beachfront, since my mother has mobility issues. Thanks again. Laura

Either of the beach front cabanas will have a great view of the ship and it's only steps to the water. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
How is the snorkeling at Barefoot Beach?

The snorkelling here is quite minimal.

Some little fishies.

If you sneak under the rope:eek: you will see a sunken plane, dropped for an artificial reef.....the life guards will motion for you to come back, but, worth the adventure.

Sea Ya

The snorkelling here is quite minimal.

Some little fishies.

If you sneak under the rope:eek: you will see a sunken plane, dropped for an artificial reef.....the life guards will motion for you to come back, but, worth the adventure.

Sea Ya

I didn't know about that sunken plane or I might have tried sneaking out there. I wasn't in the water much due to hubby having a bad knee and he couldn't get in. I floated around a little and didn't notice anything in the water so never thought about snorkeling there.

Laura - hope you had a wonderful time at Barefoot Beach. We did!