Allure of the Seas Grand Suite Videos

janeyzee

Lucky you ! We have a 2 1/2 hr flight, from Rochester, but we don't mind ! This will be our first time on Enchantment but we have been on Grandeur before so it should be similar . I'll get back to you at the end of January and let you know our thoughts on her ! Have a Happy New Year !

Thanks, same to you. Enjoy your cruise.

Oh that sounds like fun, having decorations. No we didn't have any but we are only Platinum level, are you higher up? Maybe you got some C&A perks that we didn't. No champagne (which is fine, I don't like it) but we had the two fruit plates during the cruise and only one night when we got the canapés/snacks, and no flowers. So y'all had better perks than we did!

Well I lied, we did have this arrangement in the room, guess it qualifies as flowers! Had forgotten about those:

DSCN5548_zpsf2796e34.jpg

We are emerald status but will be upgraded next week on the Liberty. I am thing Rcl out decorations up because it was my husbands 50th? Still trying to figure that one out.ImageUploadedByForums1388460394.273673.jpg.a1f634a58a70b156dbfd0e574ba390ff.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1388460333.873611.jpg.539aa41c242513e132aa3c015f4ad47d.jpg

Well those are good questions and I don't have a single answer, I'm so sorry. Hubby had a bum knee unexpectedly and we didn't attend any extra organized events other than the CC Meet and Mingle. I think we had a few invites to events but didn't attend and I didn't keep any of them. I am a bad bad Cruise Critic informant!

If you mean the Crown and Anchor Welcome Aboard, that was at the Aqua Pool and the Captain came out and spoke a little, introduced some of his staff. If there was another fancy reception I don't remember hearing about it, not that we would have gone. Hubby was having trouble getting around the first two days so we didn't do anything extra.

And, I don't drink wine so I never looked at the wine list in the Concierge Lounge. I know they had one, it was in a nice leather folder near the entrance, but I never looked at it. They had beer and wine in a refrigerator cooler under the coffee machines and that was a help yourself area I think.

One thing I can say, the best perk in my mind was getting the MDR menu choices delivered to our room so we could dine in the privacy of the suite. We loved that because we aren't dress up people and we could wear whatever we wanted in our room, didn't have a dress code.

DSCN6139_zps10f25580.jpg

I took advantage of the special seating in the theater when I went to Mosaic one night. Wasn't sure where the seating was, but then I saw an usher with a gold sign in one fairly empty section. So I headed over there and it was the Suite section so I sat. Fairly good seat too.

And I loved the Concierge Lounge for breakfast. Nice not to be in the hustle and bustle of the Windjammer. They had good choices for breakfast.

DSCN5622_zpse368bccc.jpg

And here are the hours they were open:

DSCN5553_zps15112082.jpg

Sorry I couldn't be more help with those particular questions. When you get closer to your trip you can email the Concierges or search the other threads. Someone else probably knows more about what you asked than I did. Here are the two emails you can use (there is an underscore between AL and Conciege):

AL_Concierge01@rccl.com

AL_Concierge02@rccl.com

Thanks for the info janeyzee and sorry about your husband's knee. I hope sailing on the Allure was a great pain reliever. The breakfast in the C.L. looks great! We loved the one in the solarium too. Having the option of ordering from the MDR is something I look forward to as well...especially after the day in Cozumel. We plan on dining in specialty restaurants such as 150, Chops, G.T, Chef's Table & Vintages, but that covers 5 days. Wasn't Mosaic impressive? We saw them too!

We are emerald status but will be upgraded next week on the Liberty. I am thing Rcl out decorations up because it was my husbands 50th? Still trying to figure that one out.

Did any of your family fess up to buying those decorations? I know we paid for decorations to be in the cabin during a Bachelorette Weekend Cruise one time for my niece and future niece-in-law. But it could have been from RC for the 50th birthday. Our travel agent had champagne delivered to us on an anniversary cruise. However it happened, I'm sure it was fun having those decorations in the room.

Thanks for the info janeyzee and sorry about your husband's knee. I hope sailing on the Allure was a great pain reliever. The breakfast in the C.L. looks great! We loved the one in the solarium too. Having the option of ordering from the MDR is something I look forward to as well...especially after the day in Cozumel. We plan on dining in specialty restaurants such as 150, Chops, G.T, Chef's Table & Vintages, but that covers 5 days. Wasn't Mosaic impressive? We saw them too!

Yes he managed to feel much better by the end of the cruise. I'm sure the prescription pain pills helped but I think the Allure had something to do with it too! We love that ship.

For sure go to the CL for breakfast. Very relaxing and very tasty. I wanted to go to Vintages but we didn't make it there. Next time!

I enjoyed Mosaic and I went alone, first time I've done that. His knee was hurting so I just went by myself, and I'm glad I did.

It looks like the tub is quite deep. Did your husband have trouble getting in and out?

Yes he did, it was kind of awkward since it was his left knee and that leg should have gone in first the way the bathroom was laid out. He really couldn't lift it up and over without being seated, and he couldn't balance too well so he had to sit on the edge at first. Towards the end of the week he could balance better and managed to get in without sitting on the edge but it wasn't graceful. Any way he tried it, it was definitely awkward, even when grabbing the hand rails you can see in the video. I wasn't injured but it was kinda awkward for me too (I'm 5' 4" and he's about 6 feet tall). Not sure why it has to be that high, but if you take a bath it is probably nice to have the tub all filled up. I have never liked baths, much prefer to shower, so I never tried filling it up.

Edited by janeyzee

Did any of your family fess up to buying those decorations? I know we paid for decorations to be in the cabin during a Bachelorette Weekend Cruise one time for my niece and future niece-in-law. But it could have been from RC for the 50th birthday. Our travel agent had champagne delivered to us on an anniversary cruise. However it happened, I'm sure it was fun having those decorations in the room.

We didn't pay for the decorations and none of our relatives. Perhaps it was done as a perk from RC because it was his birthday.

I also agree the tub was very hard to get in and out if it. I even had difficulty with the commode as it was real high to the ground as well, but, not complaining. It was a great cabin and we enjoyed all the perks that came with it.

Yes he did, it was kind of awkward since it was his left knee and that leg should have gone in first the way the bathroom was laid out. He really couldn't lift it up and over without being seated, and he couldn't balance too well so he had to sit on the edge at first. Towards the end of the week he could balance better and managed to get in without sitting on the edge but it wasn't graceful. Any way he tried it, it was definitely awkward, even when grabbing the hand rails you can see in the video. I wasn't injured but it was kinda awkward for me too (I'm 5' 4" and he's about 6 feet tall). Not sure why it has to be that high, but if you take a bath it is probably nice to have the tub all filled up. I have never liked baths, much prefer to shower, so I never tried filling it up.

Thanks for taking time to answer my question. We have sailed in GS twice and didn't like having to climb over the side of the tub to get in. We always prefer showers but it was quite an effort to get into the tub.

We didn't pay for the decorations and none of our relatives. Perhaps it was done as a perk from RC because it was his birthday.

I also agree the tub was very hard to get in and out if it. I even had difficulty with the commode as it was real high to the ground as well, but, not complaining. It was a great cabin and we enjoyed all the perks that came with it.

I agree, the perks overshadowed the weirdness of the tub.

Speaking of toilet heights, I was in a public park last year and the height of those toilets was about 12 inches off the ground. It was ridiculous. No one with back or knee problems could have possibly squatted on those things :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking time to answer my question. We have sailed in GS twice and didn't like having to climb over the side of the tub to get in. We always prefer showers but it was quite an effort to get into the tub.

You're welcome. The tub wouldn't prevent me from booking GS again, but I'm still as happy in a Junior Suite with that big walk in closet. Loved that, but no concierge perks in a JS.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the pictures. It is a very small world. I wanted some general information about Grand Suites and 10654 is EXACTLY the same one we are booked on Allure for June 6, 2014!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for the pictures. It is a very small world. I wanted some general information about Grand Suites and 10654 is EXACTLY the same one we are booked on Allure for June 6, 2014!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Great, glad I could help. Love Cruise Critic and all the info that is available on here.

I have searched all over Cruise Critic and RCI sites looking for the boarding times. What is the earliest you think that GS travelers can board? We're driving down from Central Florida and staying in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night. Don't want to get there too early yet do not want to miss any of the "perks" by being to late.

Thanks

I have searched all over Cruise Critic and RCI sites looking for the boarding times. What is the earliest you think that GS travelers can board? We're driving down from Central Florida and staying in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night. Don't want to get there too early yet do not want to miss any of the "perks" by being to late.

Thanks

If you are checked in by 11am, you should be among the first to board.

Thanks

Thanks to Bob for the 11am info, I didn't know the answer to that one, it's one perk we didn't get. Darrell's knee was giving him horrible pains Sat night so we were in an emergency clinic first thing Sun morning, didn't get to the ship until about 2pm. We did have a wheelchair for Darrell and he got to ride up the gangway, but I didn't consider that a perk! hahaha

Edited by janeyzee