Allure of the Seas Grand Suite Videos

janeyzee

My hubby did several GoPro videos of our Grand Suite on the Allure in November, Suite #10654, near the aft elevators and on the starboard side of the ship. We loved the space in this suite, and with his knee problems that flared up right before we boarded, the extra room was an unexpected plus. He was using crutches the first day then a cane the rest of the time. No problems in that suite other than the high bathtub. Even I had a little trouble getting in and out of the tub, the sides are really high.

Here is a video of the entire room, excluding the bathroom. That has its own video (click on the photo, it'll take you to PhotoBucket hopefully, if I did this correctly):

th_GOPR0723_zps5435b796.jpg

Here is the bathroom, not sure you can see the high sides of the tub but trust me, he had a challenge getting in and out with his knee hurting the way it did. I'm sure he'd have been OK if he wasn't injured, and the tub was very nice. Two sinks were great too, we didn't get in each other's way while getting ready.

(click on photo to see the video)

th_GOPR0724_zps02428d82.jpg

Edited by janeyzee

One of the best things about the Grand Suite is the double balcony. We had a ton of room out there. We love sitting on the balcony, watching the water, getting away from it all and relaxing. The padded chairs were great, and we had two tables so hubby couldn't hog the entire surface of one table as he usually does!

(click on the photo for the video)

th_GOPR0726_zps85700c55.jpg

I missed the walk-in closet of the Junior Suite but the Grand Suite closet was roomy too. We wanted to try a GS to see what the concierge service was like. We enjoyed the Concierge Lounge and a few other perks (got two fruit plates and one night we had a snack plate delivered) and would book it again in a heartbeat, if money was no object! Ordering two nights from the MDR menu and getting a tablecloth for our coffee table, china and silverware, the whole works delivered to us. It was great. No formal night dress-up for us.

(Click on the photo for the video)

th_GOPR0725_zps89766837.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the perks of a Grand Suite - fruit plates delivered, dining in the room and ordering from the MDR menu. We thought that was one of the best perks of all, no dressing up but we still got great food (and Red Stripe from Dazzles!).

DSCN6138_zpsa80d90d7.jpg

DSCN6139_zps10f25580.jpg

DSCN6140_zpse5e989df.jpg

Nice! thanks for sharing.

You're welcome Maryann - I know I love seeing what the rooms look like so I can decide if I want to splurge on a suite or just stick with the normal balcony room. We like Junior Suites too, they are quite roomy and the walk-in closet is great.

One more video of the activity at Port Everglades after we boarded. In one part of this video you can see how close we are to the bumped out balconies, the Royal Family Suite and the Owner's Suite. We tried our best not to peek over there too often, we like to respect people's privacy when they're out on the balcony.

If you have any questions about a Grand Suite, just ask!

(click on the photo to see the video)

th_GOPR0715_zpsda1ff55a.jpg

Edited by janeyzee

Great videos - Is the door to the adjoining room as tiny as it looks?

I thought it was a normal sized door but it sure looks narrower than the others in the video. We used a GoPro camera and it's a fisheye kind of lens so things look a little distorted. Sorry I can't quite remember if it was or wasn't since I didn't use it, but it does appear that way. I wonder if they make it narrower so that it doesn't take up much room when opened?? We didn't hear much through the door or the walls, just once or twice heard talking and a TV but nothing that disturbed us at all.

Edited by janeyzee

You're welcome Maryann - I know I love seeing what the rooms look like so I can decide if I want to splurge on a suite or just stick with the normal balcony room. We like Junior Suites too, they are quite roomy and the walk-in closet is great.

We have the corner aft JS on the Grandeur in two weeks - I'll have to figure out how to post pictures

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Beautiful shots ! We had 12654 on Allure and loved it. It did seem. Little smaller than the GS on Freedom, but nothing worth complaining about. Can't wait to go back on Allure !

I've heard that the suites on Allure/Oasis are a little smaller than other RC ships but we had more than enough room. Junior Suites are fine too. We'll have an aft Junior Suite on Enchantment so I can compare that one with the Allure/Oasis JS cabins then. I know the balcony will be longer than the ones on the starboard and port Junior Suites.

We have the corner aft JS on the Grandeur in two weeks - I'll have to figure out how to post pictures

Yes I hope you can figure it out (I use Photobucket, upload pics to that and then copy the code and paste it in here), I'd love to see those pictures. I've seen some of the corner rooms posted, and they look great.

Thanks. We snagged 11660 at the end of next month. They do look a little smaller than others we've been in but I think that's the general rule with all Oasis class cabin categories. Between Visa points and a pretty good price drop, I think we made out pretty good price wise. Can't wait.

I've heard that the suites on Allure/Oasis are a little smaller than other RC ships but we had more than enough room. Junior Suites are fine too. We'll have an aft Junior Suite on Enchantment so I can compare that one with the Allure/Oasis JS cabins then. I know the balcony will be longer than the ones on the starboard and port Junior Suites.

I was just thinking that they were a LOT smaller. GS on other ships has so many closets you could get lost in them...and I doubt that anyone ever filled them so scaling down was probably wise there.

Thanks. We snagged 11660 at the end of next month. They do look a little smaller than others we've been in but I think that's the general rule with all Oasis class cabin categories. Between Visa points and a pretty good price drop, I think we made out pretty good price wise. Can't wait.

You will enjoy that room, and I loved the concierge perks. Wish I could have them every time I cruise.

I was just thinking that they were a LOT smaller. GS on other ships has so many closets you could get lost in them...and I doubt that anyone ever filled them so scaling down was probably wise there.

I would have loved a little bit bigger closet but it was fine for the 7 days. We didn't bring formal clothes this time so we had tons of room. I still missed the walk-in closet in the Junior Suite. That was great to have.

I think in order to fit so many rooms in, they did shrink them a little. But it wasn't really noticeable ! We are on Enchantment next month in a GS so we'll see if it feels bigger....lol !

I think in order to fit so many rooms in, they did shrink them a little. But it wasn't really noticeable ! We are on Enchantment next month in a GS so we'll see if it feels bigger....lol !

I'd love to hear your opinion of the Enchantment GS when you return. We board her in March for a group cruise - Port Canaveral is about 25 minutes from my house so it'll be easy on and off, no long ride to Ft. Lauderdale. YAY

Hi janeyzee:

Thanks for posting the videos! My friend & I are booked in a grand suite on the Allure for our June 29 sailing. We are very excited! I have researched on CC, but there are not many specifics. I appreciate the invitation for questions!

1. What special invites/perks exist that are not listed on Royal's website?

2. Can you provide details about the Captain's welcome aboard reception?

3. Do you have a wine list from the concierge lounge?

We had 12260 on the Allure and absolutely loved our first Grand Suite. I do have one question for you, did your room come with decorations? Ours did and they were hung up by the table near the couch. The decorations were hanging from the ceiling and were little RC cruise ships. I loved them but hubby moved them over the bed as his head kept hitting them. We also had fresh flowers in our room and a bottle of champagne as well as the fruit plate and canapés sent to the room each formal night.

Thanks for posting the videos! My friend & I are booked in a grand suite on the Allure for our June 29 sailing. We are very excited! I have researched on CC, but there are not many specifics. I appreciate the invitation for questions!

1. What special invites/perks exist that are not listed on Royal's website?

2. Can you provide details about the Captain's welcome aboard reception?

3. Do you have a wine list from the concierge lounge?

Well those are good questions and I don't have a single answer, I'm so sorry. Hubby had a bum knee unexpectedly and we didn't attend any extra organized events other than the CC Meet and Mingle. I think we had a few invites to events but didn't attend and I didn't keep any of them. I am a bad bad Cruise Critic informant!

If you mean the Crown and Anchor Welcome Aboard, that was at the Aqua Pool and the Captain came out and spoke a little, introduced some of his staff. If there was another fancy reception I don't remember hearing about it, not that we would have gone. Hubby was having trouble getting around the first two days so we didn't do anything extra.

And, I don't drink wine so I never looked at the wine list in the Concierge Lounge. I know they had one, it was in a nice leather folder near the entrance, but I never looked at it. They had beer and wine in a refrigerator cooler under the coffee machines and that was a help yourself area I think.

One thing I can say, the best perk in my mind was getting the MDR menu choices delivered to our room so we could dine in the privacy of the suite. We loved that because we aren't dress up people and we could wear whatever we wanted in our room, didn't have a dress code.

DSCN6139_zps10f25580.jpg

I took advantage of the special seating in the theater when I went to Mosaic one night. Wasn't sure where the seating was, but then I saw an usher with a gold sign in one fairly empty section. So I headed over there and it was the Suite section so I sat. Fairly good seat too.

And I loved the Concierge Lounge for breakfast. Nice not to be in the hustle and bustle of the Windjammer. They had good choices for breakfast.

DSCN5622_zpse368bccc.jpg

And here are the hours they were open:

DSCN5553_zps15112082.jpg

Sorry I couldn't be more help with those particular questions. When you get closer to your trip you can email the Concierges or search the other threads. Someone else probably knows more about what you asked than I did. Here are the two emails you can use (there is an underscore between AL and Conciege):

AL_Concierge01@rccl.com

AL_Concierge02@rccl.com

Edited by janeyzee

We had 12260 on the Allure and absolutely loved our first Grand Suite. I do have one question for you, did your room come with decorations? Ours did and they were hung up by the table near the couch. The decorations were hanging from the ceiling and were little RC cruise ships. I loved them but hubby moved them over the bed as his head kept hitting them. We also had fresh flowers in our room and a bottle of champagne as well as the fruit plate and canapés sent to the room each formal night.

Oh that sounds like fun, having decorations. No we didn't have any but we are only Platinum level, are you higher up? Maybe you got some C&A perks that we didn't. No champagne (which is fine, I don't like it) but we had the two fruit plates during the cruise and only one night when we got the canapés/snacks, and no flowers. So y'all had better perks than we did!

Well I lied, we did have this arrangement in the room, guess it qualifies as flowers! Had forgotten about those:

DSCN5548_zpsf2796e34.jpg

Edited by janeyzee