Little French Key vs Maya Key

hsmcruise

Ship on the front side here with the "bumpers" and the boat across from it:

That's interesting that they dock at the pier now. I guess it makes sense now they are cruise ship only but it use to be that you had to walk outside to a little pier just outside the port for pick-up when it was Fins and Flippers.

Mitsugirly,

Thank you so much for the information. Most of the time can I walk really well and am still very mobile. I just try not to use up all of my energy and do a lot of walking before an excursion even begins. I had this happen in Cozumel last cruise. It was quite a long walk getting off the pier and to the location where we were to meet. the weather was quite warm (actually HOT for a January), and that affects how I feel as well. Anyway, by the time the excursion was over and I made my way back to the ship, I was not well! Thank goodness this was our last port and at the end of our cruise. Now I do my research and I have learned how to balance my rest and activity better. Your reviews have been very helpful with this! Any tips for Belize? I have been looking at theUnder water windows to the Wonders of the barrier reef /Rendezvous Caye excursion. Any thoughts or other suggestions? I think it might work well for me being a tender port, and that A boat would pick us up at the ship for our excursion. That's part of the reason why I'm looking at that it. Thanks again for the help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad I could help.

As for Belize, the only things we have done there is the cavetubing twice (and it would probably be too much walking for you) and the other was Bannister Island <--we only did this because the boat for the excursion picked us right up at the cruise ship without having to tender to Belize and then get on another boat. If you have found an excursion that they pick you right up from the ship and it interest you, I would do it. :)

Also, just know that when you are in Cozumel (if you ever are again), there are people there that have bicycles (3 wheeled) that will give you a ride from the ship to the end of the dock at the port. It sure saves a lot of walking. You tip them as you'd like. :D

That's interesting that they dock at the pier now. I guess it makes sense now they are cruise ship only but it use to be that you had to walk outside to a little pier just outside the port for pick-up when it was Fins and Flippers.

That's because when it was Fins and Flippers, anyone could book the place and you did it on your own. Now, since it's Maya Key, the ONLY way to book it when you are coming in on a cruise ship is by using the cruise line. So it kinda changed up a little.

That's what I thought. That's is why I was wondering how for of a walk it would be. I didn't think it was far, but getting off the ship right onto another boat is awesome for me!

That's because when it was Fins and Flippers, anyone could book the place and you did it on your own. Now, since it's Maya Key, the ONLY way to book it when you are coming in on a cruise ship is by using the cruise line. So it kinda changed up a little.

Yes that is what I meant

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-leg5

Also, just know that when you are in Cozumel (if you ever are again), there are people there that have bicycles (3 wheeled) that will give you a ride from the ship to the end of the dock at the port. It sure saves a lot of walking. You tip them as you'd like. :D

Thank you again Mitsugirly. When we were in Cozumel (January 2013), I did not see any of those!! That is great! That pier can be a a long, hot walk after an activity full day. Once again it will be the last port of our cruise.... I was going to just stay on the ship, but might reconsider if I can catch a "ride". Lol. Great info!!

Thank you again Mitsugirly. When we were in Cozumel (January 2013), I did not see any of those!! That is great! That pier can be a a long, hot walk after an activity full day. Once again it will be the last port of our cruise.... I was going to just stay on the ship, but might reconsider if I can catch a "ride". Lol. Great info!!

You will find these bikes (not my pictures, just one I found on the web)

cozumel2.jpg

As you can see, they do have a "hood" that comes up to protect you from the sun when needed. Usually you will find these guys working REALLY HARD getting the "late" passengers back to the ship (or what we call "pier runners" that can't go as fast as these bikes lol).

If you are ever in Costa Maya...it's a VERY long pier too. So make sure you catch the "train".

PC170168-L.jpg

It also works the same. You tip them at the end. It saves a lot of walking. ;)