Should I bring Hangers?

canadarocks

It was our first princess cruise so we don't get free laundry and my 13 year old packed himself, and put wet clothes in his knapsack getting everything wet smelly and I had to do a load of laundry our first day of his stuff. I was running it doing the muster drill. I had bought my own tide pods and freebreeze dryer sheets, but no quarters and the laundry rooms change machine didn't work but the pursers office had change for us.

One thing I do recommend is to bring a bottle of down wrinkle release and unpack right away and spray your clothes while hanging and overnight they will be like prior to packing, will save you from doing much ironing, if any to having to use the dry cleaning, us non elite people who would have to pay $3 to launder a pair of boxer briefs need to keep track of this stuff, lol

Wrinkle release is awesome stuff for both removing wrinkles and freshening clothes. To do it yourself, pack a travel bottle of fabric softener, a travel bottle of rubbing alcohol, and a spray bottle. Put 1tsp of softener, 1 tsp of alcohol, and 1cup water in the bottle and shake it up and spray. Weighs less than a big bottle of the real thing and tons cheaper.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wrinkle release is awesome stuff for both removing wrinkles and freshening clothes. To do it yourself, pack a travel bottle of fabric softener, a travel bottle of rubbing alcohol, and a spray bottle. Put 1tsp of softener, 1 tsp of alcohol, and 1cup water in the bottle and shake it up and spray. Weighs less than a big bottle of the real thing and tons cheaper.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's also a recipe for homemade

Febreeze. Love multipurpose products.

In all the years of cruising, I don't think I can tell you if I ever noticed if someone's clothes had a fold/packing wrinkle in them. And obviously we have cruised with thousands and thousands.

As a novice cruiser, I packed a steam iron for eveything. (And I packed new full outfits for every night.) Silly then and not allowed now. The goal now is to pack as little as I can live with. And if the wrinkles don't fall out, oh well. A discussion of which hangars to use is....:D:D

My sister who is a frequent traveller, taught me the tricks of the trade. Rolling your clothes will let you fit 2 times the amount in your case than you would normally get folded. If they are ironed before you roll them, they stay crease free........... I also do laundry on board ship, because I don't have that many summer clothes to choose from, so I am good for a 7 day cruise, but any more than that and I have to do laundry.

As for hangers, there are always plenty available for dh and I.

Dryer sheets and a travel bottle of laundry soap are great for me!

Kimm

It's a matter of choice. No, you do not need to bring hangers.

On drive-to-the-port cruises, I bring dry cleaning hangers because I like to hang almost all our clothes. There's never enough of the wooden hangers and although I know I can get extras from the cabin steward, they take up too much room. Also, I can alternate one dry cleaning hanger in between the wooden ones and then I don't hear the banging around of the wooden hangers in rougher weather. So, it's purely a personal choice.

I have a packing method that has worked well for us for many cruises now. We use a rolling garment bag, so most all of our clothes are on hangers. I grab a big handfull of wire hangers, probably around 20 of them, I don't think they even weigh a full pound. I use a plastic dry cleaner bag over each garment, nothing is wrinkled.

Unpacking is a breeze, just transfer to the closet. After wearing the clothes, they go back on the hanger and moved to the back of the closet. Sometimes we do laundry or send out for cleaning, but that's a simple thing to do. Repacking for the homebound trip is also just as simple. At home, prior to the trip, everything is hung on a rolling rack ( no extra bedrooms here :rolleyes:) it's a way I have found to work best for us, we can organize well and not overpack or forget items this way.

Simple answer, yes we bring hangers, no we don't bring extras.