Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

We sailed with Brianna and her dad Rick on the Sunshine cruise and can't wait to sail with those two people again this Dec. on the Dream. they are wonderful people to be around and I am sure she will have a great review of the Dream in April and again in Dec.:D

Thank-You Jerry....you and Amanda are too bad yourself ;) :) We can't wait to cruise with you guys and the whole Krewe again. I wore our shirt yesterday "Krewe of Sunshine Kruisers".....we are definitely gonna have to make shirts again for the December cruise

normally i do not post here. I like to read reviews of others and enjoy the pictures. This particular review caught my attention more than any others in the almost 10 years i have been a cruiser.

That said, i do not wish to discount or talk down any other person here that puts effort into reviews and takes the time to share their experiences with others.

Carnival.... I'm looking at you here !! You have your next potential john heald in front of you. Wrigley80's ability to convey through concise and reader friendly commentary along with some of the most complete and insatiable photography make for a perfect storm of promotability for your cruise lines without the deluge of fake empty marketing we as vacation hungry people are quite tired of.

My first cruise was a reluctant choice between a grand canyon trip vs. A carnival caribbean week. I was totally lost in regards to choices and planning for the trip. Lets just say i learned a great deal and was hooked by the end of that week.

Our lives for the most part are consumed by things that need to be done by yesterday and go by so fast you would think there is only an hour in every day. A cruise has a wonderful ability to slow things down. A cruise has a way to help convince you that its ok to relax. Regardless of the naysayers of cruises.. The ability to be on the water, listen to the waves at night, see the stars without the light polution from a city, that all meals are included, you stop in different locations.... I could go on but bang for the buck..cruises are it for me.

To some, planning a vacation/cruise can be more stressful than why the vacation was needed to begin with. There are so many variables to consider: Itenerary, cruise line, cabin, cabin placement, ammenities and so on. Some people thrive on that. With seven cruises, i am happy to say planning for a cruise is a particular favorite thing to do. But what of those that dont have that prior experience/desire to do that? This is where wrigley80 comes in.

I understand that some would like to maintain the mystery of what is onboard when they cruise. From what i have seen, the great people on this board like to see the tidbits and see things they will be looking forward to sharing... So no spoiler alerts needed. Give it to us wrigley!

Forget the "quest for platinum" endeavour. Carnival should place you (and your dad ) on every ship in the fleet! You have a gift of relating to the lay person just as well as the technical inclined every detail and thoughtful insight on just about every question our giddy inner child would have for any cruise. Just as i would have a question about what something looks like in your review...poof there is the picture. Your reviews are broken up into managable pieces and flow in a way that simply makes you want more. I have not been on the two ships you have been on but you sold me where any corporate attempt would have either caused an eyeroll or bored me to death.

Wrigley80 ( you better still be listening carnival ), your review is like falling off a cliff of stress and landing in a pile of christmas!

Wrigley80 you do a great service to this board and to those whose lives you touch. You are kind, patient, generous, thoughtful and an avid cruise nut we can't get enough of. Keep up the wonderful reviews and may they continue to inspire and help those looking for an escape or for just a way to slow down for a while.

Carnival, give this girl a contract!

Btw, even though my name here is tapnkegs, i have never had a drink in my life...the irony made the name stick :)

Like, Like, Like, Like

You're not the only one who liked this....hehe.

I wish I knew who this person was. I'd like to track him/her down to thank them for such kind words

Just so you know, I "liked" it because the words are so true. You show everyone how to enjoy your life and your family. You are a blessing.

Just so you know, I "liked" it because the words are so true. You show everyone how to enjoy your life and your family. You are a blessing.

Thank you so much. It is a blessing that I am able to enjoy cruising with my dad.

Thanks again for brightening up my day

I'm making my first post! I took my first cruise in October on the Imagination and will be taking my second this October on the Sunshine. Wrigley's review was awesome for me on two levels...one, I got to relive my Imagination cruise, and two, was able to use that and the Sunshine review to convince my husband to go on his first Carnival cruise. We are both so excited!!! Thank you sooooo much for your time used in posting the review and pictures...you're a treasure! I'd love to cruise with you and your dad some day!

I'm making my first post! I took my first cruise in October on the Imagination and will be taking my second this October on the Sunshine. Wrigley's review was awesome for me on two levels...one, I got to relive my Imagination cruise, and two, was able to use that and the Sunshine review to convince my husband to go on his first Carnival cruise. We are both so excited!!! Thank you sooooo much for your time used in posting the review and pictures...you're a treasure! I'd love to cruise with you and your dad some day!

Congrats on your first post and thanks for choosing my review to make your first post....hehe

We really enjoy the smaller ships like the Imagination but the Sunshine was just beautiful. The atrium was so pretty. Happy to hear that my review was used to convince him to go on his first cruise....I'm sure it won't be his last.

Thanks so much and I'd love to cruise with ya someday. Just name the ship and when to be there....I have spent most of today packing for our next cruise in 12 days

I have been away from the boards for a while, so pleased to come back and find a new review from you! As always, great job and I really enjoyed it!

Thanks so much. There will be another review in a few weeks. My dad and I leave on the Carnival Dream next Saturday for the 9-day repositioning cruise.

Be sure to check back and check that one out as well. And thanks again for reading my review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it

Thanks so much. There will be another review in a few weeks. My dad and I leave on the Carnival Dream next Saturday for the 9-day repositioning cruise.

Be sure to check back and check that one out as well. And thanks again for reading my review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it

Brianna I just have to add to this. I love your reviews and all the pics, you and your Dad look like such nice people, I'm glad you have such a great relationship. I have been on the dream 2 times and I love that ship. I hope you do too. really looking forward to your review. May you and your dad have a happy safe journey.

Brianna I just have to add to this. I love your reviews and all the pics, you and your Dad look like such nice people, I'm glad you have such a great relationship. I have been on the dream 2 times and I love that ship. I hope you do too. really looking forward to your review. May you and your dad have a happy safe journey.

Thank you so much Iprime60....my dad and I are pretty good people (at least I would like to think so.....hehe). My dad and I definitely share a wonderful bond.

I'm sure we will enjoy our time onboard the Carnival Dream. Thanks Again

Hi , thank you soooooooooooooo much for your fabulous review & equally fabulous photos , as of yet I am a cruse virgin , i am taking my first cruise on the freedom in June to celebrate

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our 25th wedding anniversary , your review has been so informative & without even stepping aboard a carnival cruise ship( yet !) I feel I am already addicted ! Lol , thanks again , I am now going to read your review of your march cruise on the freedom from your useful link . Thanks again . Louise ( from Uk ) .

Hi , thank you soooooooooooooo much for your fabulous review & equally fabulous photos , as of yet I am a cruse virgin , i am taking my first cruise on the freedom in June to celebrate

Thank You so much. Happy to hear that you enjoyed my review.

Congrats on your first cruise.....trust me when I say that it won't be your last. It doesn't matter if you're going on your first cruise or your 15th (we take our 15th cruise next week) they never get old. It's always exciting to see the ship for the first time.

I also have a review on Cruise Critic from our cruise on the Carnival Freedom. I can post a link here so you can check it out.

Our 25th wedding anniversary , your review has been so informative & without even stepping aboard a carnival cruise ship( yet !) I feel I am already addicted ! Lol , thanks again , I am now going to read your review of your march cruise on the freedom from your useful link . Thanks again . Louise ( from Uk ) .

My parents first cruise was for their 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2002. We were hooked after that.

I hope you enjoy the Carnival Freedom review just as much as this review. Thanks

Brianna, love love love your review. Died laughing when your Dad was riding the elevator. I must remember swimming with the Manatees, we call them sea cows. That is an addition to my bucket list. I think your Dad and I are related I talk to everyone 😀 it's not a bad thing. I have never read such an inspiring review. I don't think you could sale me a room in federal prison but you sure could put me on a fun ship. Give the king a big ole hug from me and I look forward to more awesome reviews.

Cherrill the plumbers wife

Brianna, love love love your review. Died laughing when your Dad was riding the elevator. I must remember swimming with the Manatees, we call them sea cows. That is an addition to my bucket list. I think your Dad and I are related I talk to everyone it's not a bad thing. I have never read such an inspiring review. I don't think you could sale me a room in federal prison but you sure could put me on a fun ship. Give the king a big ole hug from me and I look forward to more awesome reviews.

Cherrill the plumbers wife

Thank You. Oh you had to be there.....just standing there watching my dad ride up and down on the elevator going from floor to floor. Then having him step out of the elevator and holler for me. I had never laughed so hard.

The manatees were a lot of fun and actually pretty reasonable. Only $59.00 a person for about an hour with the manatees but that included your admission into Chankanaab Park. You'll love it.

That's one reason why my dad loves to cruise. He loves to meet new people. Oh who am I kidding we both love to cruise.

I'll give him a hug for ya. Many of the people that we cruised with on the Sunshine are having a reunion cruise together on the Carnival Dream in December. They all still refer to my dad as "The King." He loves it....

We leave in 10 days for our next cruise on the Carnival Dream. I will be returning from the cruise with another review so be sure to check back.

Thanks Again.

I'm absolutely loving your review so far...just made it to page 28. I can't wait for your Dream review in April. A friend and I are going in September. What ports does your Dream cruise go to?

Thanks!

Aimee

Thank You. You're about half done....hehe. Our 9-day cruise on the Carnival Dream goes to Aruba, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013419_zps17e47ffc.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013420_zps76653992.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013421_zps8125612a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013422_zps078e9cca.jpg

hey Wrigley, do you know around what time these pictures were taken? early AM, I'm guessing. It's so quiet. I'm going on the Sunshine in August. Thanks for your review. I loved reading, looking at the pictures of all your adventures with you and your Dad. Have a wonderful time on the Dream. My sister and her family were on it in February and loved it!

hey Wrigley, do you know around what time these pictures were taken? early AM, I'm guessing. It's so quiet. I'm going on the Sunshine in August. Thanks for your review. I loved reading, looking at the pictures of all your adventures with you and your Dad. Have a wonderful time on the Dream. My sister and her family were on it in February and loved it!

Thank-you for reading my review. Not sure what you would consider early AM but this was around 10:00 am. We had went to breakfast in the MDR and then after breakfast we headed up to the Sports Square area. I was surprised as well that there weren't more people up there.

These pictures were taken on our last day at sea