Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Another thing on our to-do list in New Orleans was to ride on a streetcar. We chose to ride on the Canal Street route. We parked out by the cemeteries and rode the streetcar all the way downtown

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2863_zps6af146ff.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2865_zps118b7b6f.jpg

WHOA....where did everybody go??

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2866_zps6a66d761.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2867_zps927eb5e6.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2868_zps444eb408.jpg

Riding on the streetcars is a true New Orleans experience...so much fun

I have loved your review!! You can tell the you and your father truly love cruising and life! :D I can't wait to go to NOLA and sail on the Dream when it arrives! I have another question for you. Do you know if NOLA has luggage express? I know they have it in Florida. I like the convenience of putting my bags outside my cabin and not having to deal with them until I am home! Thanks again for another awesome review!!

I have loved your review!! You can tell the you and your father truly love cruising and life! :D I can't wait to go to NOLA and sail on the Dream when it arrives! I have another question for you. Do you know if NOLA has luggage express? I know they have it in Florida. I like the convenience of putting my bags outside my cabin and not having to deal with them until I am home! Thanks again for another awesome review!!

Thank You so much. Oh yeah you are so right....my dad and I definitely love cruising. But we love cruising with each other even more. :) My dad and I are cruising on the repositioning cruise that will bring the Carnival Dream to New Orleans. We have never been on the Dream and 9-days will be our longest cruise.

I am not sure if they have the luggage express service in New Orleans. We have never used that service but I have heard that it is quite popular

Such a wonderful review; THANKS

Do you remember what deck the aft elevators went up to? Can I get to

the rope and water works by that elevator?

dot

Thank-You Dot. Yes the aft elevators will take you all the way up to Deck 12 (which is the Sports Square Deck). The water works area is one deck lower than the Sports Square

We rode the streetcar downtown and back. So happy we had the experience of riding a streetcar in New Orleans

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2869_zpsbca340e8.jpg

This is the Homeland Security building in New Orleans

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2870_zps94490f0f.jpg

Looking all the way down Bourbon Street from Canal Street

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2871_zpsbeebc368.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2872_zps9bf64ecd.jpg

The Saenger Theater in New Orleans

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2873_zpsfa6d9cfd.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2874_zps288ceba3.jpg

On our hop on/hop off bus tour we went by some beautiful homes in the Garden District and along St. Charles Avenue. So that is where we headed next

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2875_zps5bc9a915.jpg

I just love this picture

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2876_zpsd7c694eb.jpg

See what I mean....look at all the beads in the tree

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2877_zps646fb596.jpg

I thought this was awesome....there were beads hanging everywhere

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2878_zps1ef42dfc.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2879_zpsd4520e6f.jpg

Streetcar......Dead Ahead :eek:

After our ride on the streetcar and driving around the Garden District.....it was now time for Yep you guessed it.....Another Hand Grenade at the Tropical Isle

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2880_zps9a405fc4.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2882_zpsfadeb31e.jpg

You know it is a high class establishment when there is a "Pee Off Contest" game in the Men's Bathroom.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2884_zps5e335715.jpg

The bathrooms were like walking into a horror movie. The women's bathroom just had a curtain hanging up no doors

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2885_zpse3efd3ac.jpg

We left Tropical Isle with our drinks and headed for a walk down Bourbon Street

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2886_zps81767817.jpg

The next bar we came to was Fat Tuesday....not too busy here either. ;)

After a couple drinks we decided that it was time to get some lunch. We went to Pat O'Briens :)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2888_zps11c51925.jpg

I just loved their courtyard area

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2889_zpscc14b5f0.jpg

Pat O'Briens was such a nice relaxing pace to have lunch. My only regret now is that I never tried a Hurricane while we were there

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2890_zps45cc9322.jpg

OK now this next picture should come with a disclaimer :D

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2891_zpsf21c3b73.jpg

I just couldn't pass up this opportunity :p I was laughing hysterically. See the guy walking by he couldn't stop laughing either.....he even asked if wanted to be in the picture as well.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2892_zps716226f6.jpg

Keepin it Classy New Orleans :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2893_zps4f92bcb7.jpg

You can't leave Bourbon Street without at least one photo of someone who is passed out from too many hand grenades ;)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2894_zps8f911586.jpg

After leaving this store.....Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo. I felt like some sort of Hex was placed on us :p.....This store is quite creepy

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2895_zpsadaecb86.jpg

The Original Café DuMonde in the French Quarter :)

Well there you have my fellow cruising friends.....my photo review from our back-to-back cruises on the Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine is now complete :) I hope you have enjoyed following along as much as I have enjoyed putting it together for you to enjoy ;)

Until next time which is closer than you think....

I will be doing another photo review for our repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream. We leave for that cruise on April 5th so be on the lookout for that review when I return in late April.

Thanks Again :D

Well there you have my fellow cruising friends.....my photo review from our back-to-back cruises on the Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine is now complete :) I hope you have enjoyed following along as much as I have enjoyed putting it together for you to enjoy ;)

I will be doing another photo review for our repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream. We leave for that cruise on April 5th so be on the lookout for that review when I return in late April.

Thank you! It has been a fun ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome job Wrigley! Enjoyed the ride! Thank you. Time to get ready for the Dream!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Best review I have read here. Thanks for sharing! I especially liked seeing all the pics from New Orleans and Key West. I am headed to both of those cities in the next 2 months so it was fun to see what I have in store for me.

Great review! I really enjoyed it and am sad it's over. But, I'm cruising on the Dream too, so that means it's getting closer!

Thank you but don't be sad.....there's always another cruise to look forward to. Are you cruising on the Carnival Dream repositioning cruise as well. If so are you on our roll call???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome job Wrigley! Enjoyed the ride! Thank you. Time to get ready for the Dream!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much.....yes it is indeed time to get ready for the Dream. I'm ready to bring the suitcases up from the basement but my dad makes me wait until we are 30 days away

Bri awesome pics and review. Can't wait for next adventure. Big hugs for you and dad

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. You have followed my review from the very beginning. It seems like were friends already.....what is your name???

Awesome, wrigley80 ;) Wonderful review!!! :D

Thanks so much for the info and pictures, especially on the Grand Cayman - Marineland (Deluxe Stingray City) excursion. I showed my son the pics, and he said "NEAT" (big praise from him, lol) so we are booked!!

Thanks again!! :)

Thank you for reading my review. Happy to hear that I could help you decide on an excursion. You will love the Stingray City excursion with MarineLand tours.

Best review I have read here. Thanks for sharing! I especially liked seeing all the pics from New Orleans and Key West. I am headed to both of those cities in the next 2 months so it was fun to see what I have in store for me.

Wow!!!! Thanks so much.....happy to hear that you enjoyed it. You will love New Orleans and Key West is my favorite place. It's like my Disney World......"The Happiest Place on Earth"

There are so many things to see and do in both cities.....you definitely won't be bored.....haha

Thanks for info; I can not climb stairs so am happy I take elevator up to watch all the young'uns having fun.

I can't wait for your Dream review; we have been on her 7 times and she is one of our favorites.

dot

ps: Jamie was our CD on the Dream and was wonderful

Thank-You Dot. Yes the aft elevators will take you all the way up to Deck 12 (which is the Sports Square Deck). The water works area is one deck lower than the Sports Square
Edited by dotheyes
add on