Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Here are the pictures from our cabin door with the Door Decorations...

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2535_zps76e99f5d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2536_zpsc788d76d.jpg

This was what we decorated for on the Sunshine but we have had other themes in the past....I am going to look through all my photo albums and see if I can find any other pics

My dad and I were just talking today about what we should decorate our door for in April on the Dream.

Fabulous really great; if I had a ship on stick I would give it to you for the best decorated door

we once one a sos for best decorated door on the Dream, but I found out later we were the only ones to submit an entry. I don't think they do it any more for lack of interest.

dot

We decorate our doors also; Helps us find our way to the correct cabin HaHa

Do you have a pic of your door?

You have helped us so much for our May Sunshine cruise. Thanks again

dot

Here's another door decoration pic from our cruise on the Carnival Legend in December 2011....

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011030_zps3f64962c.jpg

From the Carnival Legend in December 2011

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011031_zpsfb54eb66.jpg

Here is another door decoration pic from our cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in March 2012.......

P1010995.jpg

We boarded this cruise on St. Patricks Day

P1010994.jpg

OK now back to the review.....where was I :rolleyes:

We headed back to our cabin after lunch to sit out on the balcony for a while....well we must have fell asleep on the balcony because we woke up around 3:00 pm. So we got cleaned up and headed up to the atrium for a drink and this afternoon was my favorite event of the whole cruise.....the Love and Marriage Game.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2829_zps4e0f9bad.jpg

We saw Jerry and Amanda (our new friends from the roll call) in the atrium so we joined them for a drink. They went with us to the Love and Marriage game with us. They had never seen one before.....they became one of the couples. That was Awesome and so Funny :D

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2832_zps9a68f134.jpg

We headed to dinner early tonight because we still we had to pack up our stuff in our cabin.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2833_zpsb2fc3539.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2834_zps16d5e936.jpg

My dad with Rosie. She was our cabin steward. We had never had a female cabin steward and she was wonderful

Earlier in the day we played Carnival Fun Ship trivia. They were all questions about the history (past and present) of Carnival Cruise Lines. Well I had a perfect score of 20. Kate was the entertainment host that day. She said that no one had ever received a perfect score on that trivia. It was a hard trivia but so much fun. She gave me my ship on a stick and she asked for my cabin number because she said she wanted have something delivered to our cabin later on in the day.

As the day went on I thought maybe she forgot to follow through but around 9:00 pm I went back to our cabin to use the bathroom. My dad had stayed in the atrium. As I went in the cabin there was a surprise waiting for us

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2837_zps03e7b002.jpg

A plate of strawberries

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2838_zps13980362.jpg

A bottle of champagne and a Fun Ship stuffed animal were all delivered to our cabin. That was so awesome.

I got 8 champagne glasses from the bar and we popped the top and celebrated the end of our cruise on the Sunshine with our new friends

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2839_zps6da1607c.jpg

Jerry and Amanda...the Love and Marriage game participants

Thank-You so much. Oh yeah I love Notre Dame. I went this past fall and saw my first game at Notre Dame stadium....it was AMAZING :D

A game at Notre Dame isn't like a game anywhere else. Campus is beautiful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Loving the review! Thank you for taking the time! I know how time consuming they can be to write! I wrote one for my Freedom cruise 2 years ago, but I still haven't gotten around to writting the review for my most recent cruise on the Valor from September, hopefully soon!

Quick question for you. I noticed the Hard Rock Cafe sign in the background of one of your pictures in Grand Cayman. Did you happen to notice if it was still open? I was under the impression that the Cayman Islands location was closed a couple of months ago.

Fabulous really great; if I had a ship on stick I would give it to you for the best decorated door

we once one a sos for best decorated door on the Dream, but I found out later we were the only ones to submit an entry. I don't think they do it any more for lack of interest.

dot

Thank-You.

One of the group activities that we are planning for our April cruise is a door decorating contest. So that's why we're trying to think up an interesting theme. If you have any ideas.....let me know ;-)

Do you take part in all trivia, or just sports trivia? I am not very good at it, but enjoy it...especially pop culture. Did they by chance have any pop culture or I thought I read somewhere a "Friends" tv theme trivia, thank you

No we play pretty much all of the trivia games that they have onboard. Sports trivia is our favorite. We tend to stay away from the music trivia.

We have seen all sorts of trivia onboard.....

TV theme trivia

Music decade trivia

NASA trivia

TV theme song trivia

Movie trivia

Geography trivia

Name the Famous Person trivia

Guess that Logo trivia

Those are just the ones that I can remember. There was a lot of trivia on the Sunshine

A game at Notre Dame isn't like a game anywhere else. Campus is beautiful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes the campus is absolutely beautiful. The Grotto and Sacred Heart of the Basilica are breathtaking. The Notre Dame football practice facilities are unlike anything else you would see in Division 1 football

Loving the review! Thank you for taking the time! I know how time consuming they can be to write! I wrote one for my Freedom cruise 2 years ago, but I still haven't gotten around to writting the review for my most recent cruise on the Valor from September, hopefully soon!

Quick question for you. I noticed the Hard Rock Cafe sign in the background of one of your pictures in Grand Cayman. Did you happen to notice if it was still open? I was under the impression that the Cayman Islands location was closed a couple of months ago.

Thank you so much. Yes they are time consuming but I truly enjoy doing them when I return from a cruise because I know that I enjoy reading the reviews of other people when I'm doing the research for our cruise.

I can't help you on the Grand Caymans Hard Rock Cafe. We never made it down that far. Check the Hard Rock Cafe website to see if it is still open

Here's another door decoration pic from our cruise on the Carnival Legend in December 2011....

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011030_zps3f64962c.jpg

From the Carnival Legend in December 2011

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011031_zpsfb54eb66.jpg

Here is another door decoration pic from our cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in March 2012.......

P1010995.jpg

We boarded this cruise on St. Patricks Day

P1010994.jpg

Love the themes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Great review Brianna. Looking forward to your next review. I am also trying to come up with a good door decorating idea. Cya onboard

Thank you Annette. I will do one for our cruise on the Dream when we return. Excited to be cruising with you and Bandit again

I am really enjoying your review! We will be on the Sunshine in March! I was wondering about the Red Frog Pub. If I remember correctly (I didn't look back) you visited there and enjoyed a soft pretzel??? I was thinking it was this review anyway (I read so many). Do they have the appetizer menu on the Sunshine in the Red Frog Pub? I looked on the Carnival site at the menu, but read somewhere else that they didn't have the apps on the Sunshine, so I wanted to ask you. Thank you so much! Can't wait to read about New Orleans!

I am really enjoying your review! We will be on the Sunshine in March! I was wondering about the Red Frog Pub. If I remember correctly (I didn't look back) you visited there and enjoyed a soft pretzel??? I was thinking it was this review anyway (I read so many). Do they have the appetizer menu on the Sunshine in the Red Frog Pub? I looked on the Carnival site at the menu, but read somewhere else that they didn't have the apps on the Sunshine, so I wanted to ask you. Thank you so much! Can't wait to read about New Orleans!

Thank so much for reading my review. The soft pretzel was in the EA Sports Bar. There is no food in the Red Frog Pub. Leading up to our cruise I kept hearing conflicting stories of whether or not there was food served. But there wasn't....I was surprised at that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank so much for reading my review. The soft pretzel was in the EA Sports Bar. There is no food in the Red Frog Pub. Leading up to our cruise I kept hearing conflicting stories of whether or not there was food served. But there wasn't....I was surprised at that.

That is where I saw it! I knew I saw it somewhere. Well it looked good, and I hope to try it soon! Thanks again!

Yes the campus is absolutely beautiful. The Grotto and Sacred Heart of the Basilica are breathtaking. The Notre Dame football practice facilities are unlike anything else you would see in Division 1 football

I think Oregon and a number of SEC schools would argue with this and have a very good point.

About the only unique thing with ND football is they fail to meet expectations year after year after year.....:D

Like the Bears hat BTW but that Notre Lame shirt you're wearing, I'd change it.

But despite those objections, you're posting a wonderful review! Thank you.

I think Oregon and a number of SEC schools would argue with this and have a very good point.

About the only unique thing with ND football is they fail to meet expectations year after year after year.....:D

Like the Bears hat BTW but that Notre Lame shirt you're wearing, I'd change it.

But despite those objections, you're posting a wonderful review! Thank you.

I can't be changing the Notre Dame shirt. Irish all the way.

Despite your critiques on my choice of sports teams.....happy to hear that you're enjoying my review