Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Thanks for info; I can not climb stairs so am happy I take elevator up to watch all the young'uns having fun.

I can't wait for your Dream review; we have been on her 7 times and she is one of our favorites.

dot

ps: Jamie was our CD on the Dream and was wonderful

Wow.....7 times on the Dream. We will have a modified cabin for the first time on the Dream. I wish we could have Jaime as our cruise director but I'm not sure who we will have because rumor is that the cruise directors are being shuffled around in early April

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I followed your review before I got to go on the Sunshine on 2-2-14 and returned yesterday. I haven't had a chance to go through what I missed while I was gone. Please tell me you found Johnny BBQ on the Sunshine and tell me where it was? I saw the sign the first night, then tried and tried and never could find it. Thanks :confused:

Great review! Had me hooked from the beginning. Especially liked the New Orleans photos and commentary. Got lot of great ideas on things to do when we are there. Can't wait to meet you and your Dad on the Dream in April!>>>>Evelyn:cool:

Thank you but don't be sad.....there's always another cruise to look forward to. Are you cruising on the Carnival Dream repositioning cruise as well. If so are you on our roll call???

I am! I've been reading, but not really posting. I will try to be more active :-)

Always love your reviews!! I feel the same way you do about Key West. My partner and I went there for a week every year from about 2002-2010. That was before we went on our first cruise and got the cruising bug. I swore I was going to move down there too but alas it has not worked out (not sure if I could take the heat through the summer). Have you ever been to Willy t's? It's a great little restaurant on Duval street. If you haven't been you should check it out sometime. Caroline's is very good too. We have yet to port in Key West on a cruise I'm sure one of these days we will or else we'll have to take another trip there.

I look forward to your review on the Dream. We will be on the Sunshine repo cruise while your on the Dream but we get a couple of extra days:D

Edited by irie0518

Thanks so much. You have followed my review from the very beginning. It seems like were friends already.....what is your name???

We are friends Bri, I'm Lucy by the way. Love every single one of your post. Can't wait to see the pics of the Dream

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thank you again for taking the time to do another wonderful review. I've enjoyed this one as much as I have enjoyed the others. It's so nice that you and your dad enjoy cruising together. Thank you for including so many wonderful pictures of Carnival Sunshine - beautiful ship! I love the pictures you got of the pool area behind the waterfall. I really enjoyed all of the pictures you posted of your time in New Orleans. Some of those really had me cracking up. :) Loved seeing Pat O'Brien's and Fat Tuesdays since we spend some time at both places when we were there. The hurricane drinks are on the strong side, but nothing we couldn't handle. They tasted very good and they box the glasses up in keepsake boxes for you when you are finished, so we've got them here. We did a bayou tour one of the days we were there but I'd love to do a little more of what you did. We've done a hop on/hop off bus tour in Savannah, GA, and really enjoy doing that. It's a great way to see a city at a very reasonable price.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Carnival Dream and will be looking forward to reading your review.

Thank you, Bri, for another great review!! I can't wait until your next one and hopefully by then or around the same time I will have my own about the Legend!

Yes I hope so too....I would love to read your review of the Carnival Legend. You've got about 60 days left....right :) I thought we left one week prior to your cruise. I wanna hear your thoughts on the manatee encounter in Cozumel

I followed your review before I got to go on the Sunshine on 2-2-14 and returned yesterday. I haven't had a chance to go through what I missed while I was gone. Please tell me you found Johnny BBQ on the Sunshine and tell me where it was? I saw the sign the first night, then tried and tried and never could find it. Thanks :confused:

How was your cruise?? No I never found Johnny BBQ on the Sunshine....that must have been something new after we were onboard. I love BBQ....I know the Carnival Breeze has Fat Jimmys BBQ....maybe that is what you were thinking of.

What did you enjoy about the Sunshine???Wasn't that Serenity deck area AMAZING :D

Great review! Had me hooked from the beginning. Especially liked the New Orleans photos and commentary. Got lot of great ideas on things to do when we are there. Can't wait to meet you and your Dad on the Dream in April!>>>>Evelyn:cool:

Thank You Evelyn. You will love New Orleans....there are so many things to see and do. How many extra days are you staying after the cruise arrives in New Orleans??

We can't wait to meet you and the Hubby as well (btw what is your hubby's name). The roll call for our cruise on the Carnival Dream is HUGE. We have so many events planned. I'm gonna have to write them all down so that I don't forget anything that we have planned. Will you be attending the pre-cruise meet and greet at Fishlips??? Where are you guys staying the night before the cruise???

Always love your reviews!! I feel the same way you do about Key West. My partner and I went there for a week every year from about 2002-2010. That was before we went on our first cruise and got the cruising bug. I swore I was going to move down there too but alas it has not worked out (not sure if I could take the heat through the summer). Have you ever been to Willy t's? It's a great little restaurant on Duval street. If you haven't been you should check it out sometime. Caroline's is very good too. We have yet to port in Key West on a cruise I'm sure one of these days we will or else we'll have to take another trip there.

I look forward to your review on the Dream. We will be on the Sunshine repo cruise while your on the Dream but we get a couple of extra days:D

Thank You so much.....I knew that I wasn't alone with my love for Key West. The people there are so friendly.....they are just so carefree. I would love to live there....someday it will happen ;)

We have never been to Willie T's....I will have to put that on our list for our next visit. I always like to try new places. Driving to Key West on the Overseas Highway is such a fun drive....you should definitely do it someday :)

One more thing........we originally looked into the repositioning cruise on the Sunshine when we booked the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream but my dad wanted to try out the Carnival Dream.

You will love the Sunshine.........that 11-day repositioning cruise has some great ports of call

We are friends Bri, I'm Lucy by the way. Love every single one of your post. Can't wait to see the pics of the Dream

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well Hello Lucy.....thanks so much for following along the whole way. Can't wait to cruise on the Dream so that I can return home with another photo review.....but lets not talk about the end of that cruise just yet ;) :) :p

Thank you again for taking the time to do another wonderful review. I've enjoyed this one as much as I have enjoyed the others. It's so nice that you and your dad enjoy cruising together. Thank you for including so many wonderful pictures of Carnival Sunshine - beautiful ship! I love the pictures you got of the pool area behind the waterfall. I really enjoyed all of the pictures you posted of your time in New Orleans. Some of those really had me cracking up. :) Loved seeing Pat O'Brien's and Fat Tuesdays since we spend some time at both places when we were there. The hurricane drinks are on the strong side, but nothing we couldn't handle. They tasted very good and they box the glasses up in keepsake boxes for you when you are finished, so we've got them here. We did a bayou tour one of the days we were there but I'd love to do a little more of what you did. We've done a hop on/hop off bus tour in Savannah, GA, and really enjoy doing that. It's a great way to see a city at a very reasonable price.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Carnival Dream and will be looking forward to reading your review.

Thank You for reading my review. When I took my camera into the pool that morning my dad said "what on Earth are you doing...that's not your waterproof camera" I knew that was gonna create a very cool photo opportunity and I couldn't pass that up. ;)

Yeah we definitely had some funny pictures in New Orleans. The one with my dad against the cop car was so funny....I couldn't stop laughing :D The hop on/hop off bus tour was definitely fun. I just wish it would have been a little warmer but oh well we still had a great time. I really wish I would have ordered a Hurricane....I guess that will give me something to order next time :p

I just started looking at your review of the Carnival Valor.....that was my first Carnival ship. It's the ship that got me hooked on Carnival Cruise Lines. I love your pictures that you took as you were flying in....they are awesome. Its a little slow here at work today I am gonna read your review this morning :)

Thank You Evelyn. You will love New Orleans....there are so many things to see and do. How many extra days are you staying after the cruise arrives in New Orleans??

We can't wait to meet you and the Hubby as well (btw what is your hubby's name). The roll call for our cruise on the Carnival Dream is HUGE. We have so many events planned. I'm gonna have to write them all down so that I don't forget anything that we have planned. Will you be attending the pre-cruise meet and greet at Fishlips??? Where are you guys staying the night before the cruise???

We only planned overnight this trip, but hoping to sail Dream again soon since it's in NO. Gary and I will be staying at Ocean Landings in Cocoa Beach. We're planning to make Fishlips and hopefully other activities as well. Again, great review!

Thanks for posting this super long, super fun review. My kids and I really liked all the cool boat, ferry, and plane pics in POM. Also thought the chicken by KFC was too hilarious! Lots of great pics! So glad you guys had a great time.

I have a question. Is there an area by the waterworks area to sit and lounge? So we can relax while our kids water slide it up?

We only planned overnight this trip, but hoping to sail Dream again soon since it's in NO. Gary and I will be staying at Ocean Landings in Cocoa Beach. We're planning to make Fishlips and hopefully other activities as well. Again, great review!

Where is Ocean Landings??? Is that like a timeshare condo?? Yeah I definitely hope you guys can make it down to Fishlips.

Our flight arrives at 2:00 pm that Friday and we fly into Sanford/Orlando Airport. It's about an hour drive from the airport so when we arrive we will jump in the rental car and head to the hotel to check in and then head down to Fishlips for dinner and drinks with our new friends. There are 2 ships leaving that night from Port Canaveral

Thanks for posting this super long, super fun review. My kids and I really liked all the cool boat, ferry, and plane pics in POM. Also thought the chicken by KFC was too hilarious! Lots of great pics! So glad you guys had a great time.

I have a question. Is there an area by the waterworks area to sit and lounge? So we can relax while our kids water slide it up?

Thank You so much. I just couldn't pass up taking a photo of that chicken at KFC.....haha.

Yes there are lounge chairs out by the Waterworks area. It's actually a nice, quiet place because during our cruise there weren't a lot of kids using the Waterworks area

Great review- WOW you now have a huge following. You are a Cruise Critic star. :D Like I said, can't wait til the next one, cuz we'll have 1st hand knowledge of whether you are tellin the truth. Just kidding Cya soon

My dad always jokes with me and says "So what do your cruise constituents have to say today on your review."

There will definitely be another review....you will have to be my sidekick for my photo review

Thank You for reading my review. When I took my camera into the pool that morning my dad said "what on Earth are you doing...that's not your waterproof camera" I knew that was gonna create a very cool photo opportunity and I couldn't pass that up. ;)

Yeah we definitely had some funny pictures in New Orleans. The one with my dad against the cop car was so funny....I couldn't stop laughing :D The hop on/hop off bus tour was definitely fun. I just wish it would have been a little warmer but oh well we still had a great time. I really wish I would have ordered a Hurricane....I guess that will give me something to order next time :p

I just started looking at your review of the Carnival Valor.....that was my first Carnival ship. It's the ship that got me hooked on Carnival Cruise Lines. I love your pictures that you took as you were flying in....they are awesome. Its a little slow here at work today I am gonna read your review this morning :)

That picture of your dad against that cop car really made me laugh and I'd have loved to see that other guy's (in the background) full reaction. I also got a kick out of the one where he was posing like he was passed out on Bourbon Street - classic. Saw other comments about the chickens & KFC and I cracked up at that one too.

Where did you go when you were on Valor? A good friend of mine was on her in 2008 for a Western Caribbean cruise and she was with us when we were on Glory in Miami in 2010. I know Valor alternated between Eastern/Western for a while before moving to San Juan. When on the Glory cruise we had no idea we'd actually be sailing on her in 2013. When we were in Miami, I got some really good pictures of Valor from Glory as we were leaving and again when returning to Miami. Thank you about my pictures when we were flying into San Juan. I had a window seat and was so happy that we flew in that way. I'm glad I got the pictures but now wish I had gotten video. :) I tried to let the pictures do the talking for my review since my writing style is kind of blah. LOL!!! Is there any way you can attach links to your other reviews in your signature? I'd love to see some of the other ones you did. Thank you again!