Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013453_zps52d6834d.jpg

The WWII Museum is the number one attraction in New Orleans

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013454_zpsdb766087.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013455_zps971dd504.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013458_zps5d3c3d41.jpg

Now I thought this was awesome. As we were driving through the Garden District there were Mardi Gras beads all over the electric lines, in the trees, hanging from the gutters on buildings. It was truly something to see

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013461_zps2eeb6c98.jpg

Homes in the Garden District

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013462_zps6d306743.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013466_zps12c91c9b.jpg

Mardi Gras World is where all the parade floats from past Mardi Gras parades are stored

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013465_zps42666f39.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013467_zps4928867d.jpg

I thought this was pretty cool. It is right across the street from the Convention Center. It is a Hurricane Katrina memorial. It depicts a house torn to ruins just sitting in a tree

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013476_zps0ffba509.jpg

Decatur Street is another street where all the action is....with street performers, carriage rides, shops, restaurants, and don't forget Café Du Monde

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013479_zps0478fbdb.jpg

The Joan of Arc tribute statue

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013483_zps647e0ec3.jpg

I think that donkey is giving me the evil eye :p

One place that my dad really wanted to go to was to find the Lower 9th Ward and see if the devastation from Hurricane Katrina is still as bad as what you hear on TV

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013484_zpsda7846ee.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013485_zps458b8d1e.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013491_zpsf0cd494a.jpg

As we were driving through the Lower 9th Ward this house really got to me because there was a baby doll in the window. So you knew that kids lived there. It got me thinking....did these children survive the Hurricane or were they one of thousands that perished.

One other thing we were told on our bus tour is after Hurricane Katrina the first responders and medical personnel went house to house looking for survivors. Once the house was checked they painted an "X" on the side of the house to let others know that house had been checked. They would also mark that house with the date and time of when that home was checked

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013495_zps3399006a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013496_zps0be2d30d.jpg

Hurricane Katrina was almost 10 years ago but there is still complete devastation in this area. We as a nation continue to send money overseas to other countries. What we should be doing is re-building this area for these residents and for all of New Orleans

Hurricane Katrina was almost 10 years ago but there is still complete devastation in this area. We as a nation continue to send money overseas to other countries. What we should be doing is re-building this area for these residents and for all of New Orleans

I was going to wait until you finished your review before commenting again, but this post really got to me. I agree with you 100 percent on this one. We visited New Orleans in 1996 for a week in April and really enjoyed our time there, the sights, and the people and were heartbroken seeing the news coverage of all the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I'm not a fan of big cities, but I fell in love with New Orleans and loved the charm of it and would not mind returning for a visit again.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013496_zps0be2d30d.jpg

I was going to wait until you finished your review before commenting again, but this post really got to me. I agree with you 100 percent on this one. We visited New Orleans in 1996 for a week in April and really enjoyed our time there, the sights, and the people and were heartbroken seeing the news coverage of all the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I'm not a fan of big cities, but I fell in love with New Orleans and loved the charm of it and would not mind returning for a visit again. Sorry about the double post, was trying to include you quote only but it looked as though I wrote it. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I was going to wait until you finished your review before commenting again, but this post really got to me. I agree with you 100 percent on this one. We visited New Orleans in 1996 for a week in April and really enjoyed our time there, the sights, and the people and were heartbroken seeing the news coverage of all the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I'm not a fan of big cities, but I fell in love with New Orleans and loved the charm of it and would not mind returning for a visit again.

I couldn't agree with you more. New Orleans is such a vibrant city with amazing people. There aren't too many cities where I say I could find myself wanting to spend a week here. New Orleans and Key West, FL are the exceptions.

Especially after seeing the devastation left over from Hurricane Katrina it was so hard driving through that neighborhood knowing that so many people los their lives here while trying to protect one another. Sadness doesn't even begin to tell you how I was feeling. :(

We have family that live in the suburbs of N.O. and I was told that you don't want to be around some of those empty neighborhoods at night. One relative has been working on replacing the dykes (sp?). That is a many years project.

We have family that live in the suburbs of N.O. and I was told that you don't want to be around some of those empty neighborhoods at night. One relative has been working on replacing the dykes (sp?). That is a many years project.

Yeah I would say that you are correct. We drove through during the day but it is a place that everyone needs to see for themselves.

I just looooved new Orleans. We were wondering if they would still be drinking on Bourbon Street in the morning- thanks for answering that! I also loved your picture of those stupid chickens outside of KFC! Your meet and greet looked so fun. I got a picture with Jaime on my cruise. My whole family I sailed with just loved her. She helped my mom down some steep stairs. She is just a doll!

I just looooved new Orleans. We were wondering if they would still be drinking on Bourbon Street in the morning- thanks for answering that! I also loved your picture of those stupid chickens outside of KFC! Your meet and greet looked so fun. I got a picture with Jaime on my cruise. My whole family I sailed with just loved her. She helped my mom down some steep stairs. She is just a doll!

Thank You. Yeah that chicken photo at KFC was just too good to pass up. Our meet and greet was amazing.

The Carnival Sunshine will definitely miss having Jaime onboard. Her enthusiasm and energy is amazing. She definitely loves her job and the guests. She stayed at our meet and greet party for over an hour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we were crossing the bridge leaving the Lower 9th Ward I could see the funnel of the Carnival Sunshine. By this time it was almost 4:00 pm so the Sunshine would be leaving port soon. My dad and I decided to drive down by the port and see if we could get a few pictures of the Sunshine as it was leaving the port of New Orleans

Edited by wrigley80

After the cruise and our day in New Orleans we were both exhausted so we headed back to the hotel early that night. We were both sleeping by 8:00 pm. We are true party goers ;)

The next morning (the final day of our vacation) we got up early and headed to Café DuMonde for breakfast. We wet to the location in Metairie on Veterans Boulevard.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2845_zps68c8084d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2846_zpsdacd8b97.jpg

So Yummy.....

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2847_zps0362be94.jpg

We bought a box of the mix. I made them for breakfast one day when we returned home. They were good but definitely not the same

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2848_zps23fbc1d9.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2849_zpsd55cf428.jpg

After the cruise and our day in New Orleans we were both exhausted so we headed back to the hotel early that night. We were both sleeping by 8:00 pm. We are true party goers ;)

The next morning (the final day of our vacation) we got up early and headed to Café DuMonde for breakfast. We wet to the location in Metairie on Veterans Boulevard.

So Yummy.....

We bought a box of the mix.

We had beignets and I bought a box of mix, but never made them. :(:rolleyes:

I remember them being VERY yummy.

Edited by 2 cruzen

So Yummy.....

We bought a box of the mix.

We had beignets and I bought a box of mix, but never made them. :(:rolleyes:

I remember them being VERY yummy.

You should definitely try making a batch...they were pretty good