Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Well we stayed out on the Serenity Deck for over 2 hours. I decided that it was time to go in when I started looking like a lobster :eek: Good thing I packed some aloe

I returned to the cabin to get dressed and to find my dad. He had left about an hour prior to me leaving the Serenity Deck. He said he was going to look for a restroom and then he would be back. Well he never returned to the Serenity Deck so once I returned to the cabin to get dressed. I headed down to the atrium lobby to get a diet coke and whatta ya know....there's my dad sitting in the atrium chatting up a fellow cruiser :) As he was chatting I decided to head up to the candy shop to get a couple things

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2748_zps9c6c2902.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2747_zpsa1138cdf.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2746_zpsf08ff479.jpg

We headed back to Ocean Plaza to play some trivia....our favorite onboard activity

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2777_zpsa7cb541b.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2778_zps8fe6fb6f.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2779_zpse92ebaaa.jpg

I didn't so good at 80's music theme trivia.....I was a big LOSER

We worked up an appetite playing trivia so it was time for lunch.....YEP you guessed it....Guys Burgers

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2780_zpsd966e737.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2781_zps48d4a43d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2782_zps4094ed90.jpg

I did it...I won Sports Trivia

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2784_zpsfa99ea07.jpg

Now I got a collection started

After we played sports trivia we headed back to the cabin to take a little snooze. We woke up 3 hours later ;) I guess we were tired

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2785_zps541fef87.jpg

We headed up to dinner. I had the chicken strips. I don't know what that red sauce was but it was sure SPICY

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2788_zps05651a63.jpg

The fried chicken was very good

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2789_zpsaf141ee6.jpg

This dessert was delicious. It was the raspberry sorbet cake

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. It looks like you made some amazing memories with your dad! We are taking our daughters (8 and 13) on their first cruise on the Sunshine in August. Really excited to make some great memories with them as well. My husband and I were on the Destiny many years ago...can't wait to see all of the upgrades!

Can't wait for our April cruise with you on the dream. I think we will make Jamaica a stay onboard day. It's nice to have a rest and relax day. Hoping the Dream will be as much fun as the Sunshine seems to be. Waiting for your NO pictures and review......Evelyn

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. It looks like you made some amazing memories with your dad! We are taking our daughters (8 and 13) on their first cruise on the Sunshine in August. Really excited to make some great memories with them as well. My husband and I were on the Destiny many years ago...can't wait to see all of the upgrades!

Thank You so much. It's comments like yours why I enjoy doing these reviews. My dad and I definitely have a lot of fun times together.

Your daughters will love the Sunshine. I am uploading my pictures this morning from the Sport square and Waterworks area. Your daughters will love that area. There is so much onboard this ship for kids. I will adding those photos to the review today so check back later to see those pics

Can't wait for our April cruise with you on the dream. I think we will make Jamaica a stay onboard day. It's nice to have a rest and relax day. Hoping the Dream will be as much fun as the Sunshine seems to be. Waiting for your NO pictures and review......Evelyn

Thank You Evelyn. I am uploading the photos from New Orleans today. I know we will have a great time on the Dream. That is one of the best things about cruising is meeting all the new people.

Thank you for posting this review! We just booked the Sunshine for our Fall break in October. Our kids have been watching youtube videos and are very excited about the activities on the ship. I've been a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. But I think planning and having realistic expectations go a long way in making a cruise on any ship a great vacation! I do have a question about crowding. Was the crowd bad during lunchtime at the buffet and/or at Guys burgers? Also, we were trying to decide on forward or aft rooms, ended up with aft. Wise decision? HAHA! thanks!

Thank you for posting this review! We just booked the Sunshine for our Fall break in October. Our kids have been watching youtube videos and are very excited about the activities on the ship. I've been a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. But I think planning and having realistic expectations go a long way in making a cruise on any ship a great vacation! I do have a question about crowding. Was the crowd bad during lunchtime at the buffet and/or at Guys burgers? Also, we were trying to decide on forward or aft rooms, ended up with aft. Wise decision? HAHA! thanks!

You will love the Sunshine. If you go into a cruise with bad expectations...it's gonna stay that way. Don't believe everything you heard. We had a fabulous time on the Sunshine.

And surprisingly we never once encountered a line for lunch. At Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, Lido Marketplace, MDR for breakfast or lunch. A big reason for that is that there are so many options for breakfast and lunch. You definitely won't go hungry on the Sunshine

Cant wait to read more we are on the Sunshine March 30th. What is the menu like for Ji Ji's? I know there is unlimited bubbles but is there a package that has shakes as well?

You are on the Sunshine out of New Orleans?? Is that the last voyage for the Sunshine out of New Orleans??

We ate at JiJi's once and it was pretty good but I couldn't tell ya what the menu was like. I'm sure you could find the menu on Carnival's website.

There isn't a package for the shake spot but you do get a punch card and after 5 shakes the 6th one is free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which sailing are you on in August? We're also cruising in August My daughter is 13 and my son is 8.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have a question about dropping off your rental car in NOLA. I saw you used Budget. We will be on the Sunshine April 6th. I thought I'd have my husband drop us off at the port and then take back the car and get a cab back. There are six of us going so lots of luggage. Did they have a cab waiting for you to take back to the port? Thanks for you help. We re so very excited!!

You are on the Sunshine out of New Orleans?? Is that the last voyage for the Sunshine out of New Orleans??

We ate at JiJi's once and it was pretty good but I couldn't tell ya what the menu was like. I'm sure you could find the menu on Carnival's website.

There isn't a package for the shake spot but you do get a punch card and after 5 shakes the 6th one is free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is the full last one before she goes to Where ever she is going! I can not wait.

I have a question about dropping off your rental car in NOLA. I saw you used Budget. We will be on the Sunshine April 6th. I thought I'd have my husband drop us off at the port and then take back the car and get a cab back. There are six of us going so lots of luggage. Did they have a cab waiting for you to take back to the port? Thanks for you help. We re so very excited!!

The Budget Rental Car is on Canal Street. If you prefer to have your hubby drop everyone off at the port with your bags and then he returns to Budget to drop off the car. Make sure you stay in the same spot where he drops you off...the port is a very busy place and you don't want to lose him.

When he drops the car off at Budget they shuttle you back to the port in a rental car or he can get a taxi but its about $15.00 for a taxi ride back to the port. There weren't any taxis waiting there

Yes it is the full last one before she goes to Where ever she is going! I can not wait.

I hear that the Sunshine will now have Butch Begovich as the cruise director and not Jaime Dee....you're missing out. Jaime was an amazing cruise director :p

Enjoy your cruise

Our final full day at sea was now here.....BOOOOOO :( So Sad but there was still more fun to be had on the Sunshine :)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2797_zps7d0ed0c1.jpg

Outside the EA Sports Bar

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2798_zpsd3c7d319.jpg

looking down our hallway....wow that's a lot of cabins

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2799_zps0671121b.jpg

It must have been a restless night