Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

I love everything about these reviews and especially the parts in Key West. DH and I are planning a trip there next year and I am already so excited! We're driving down instead of cruising but still, your review and photos have helped me quite a bit in the preliminary planning. We may even rent a scooter from Sunshine Scooters :)

Looking forward to the rest!

I love everything about these reviews and especially the parts in Key West. DH and I are planning a trip there next year and I am already so excited! We're driving down instead of cruising but still, your review and photos have helped me quite a bit in the preliminary planning. We may even rent a scooter from Sunshine Scooters :)

Looking forward to the rest!

You will love Key West. The drive to Key West is beautiful. :)

Once the meet and greet party was over we headed up to the EA Sports Bar to catch a round of sports trivia. We love playing sports trivia. After trivia we headed back to the cabin to sit out on the balcony for a while and get cleaned up for dinner. We were getting hungry so we headed on to dinner in the MDR early tonight

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2609_zps5c90ed86.jpg

We got to the dining room and I was so happy to see my favorite thing on the menu.....the Chicken Quesadilla. I didn't even have a main course on this night. I had 4 quesadillas.....they are so yummy

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2610_zpscfaa5a86.jpg

our nightly entertainment

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2615_zpsbe8c9a08.jpg

One of my favorite desserts.....the Strawberry Cheesecake

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2616_zps60eb1b40.jpg

Lemon Cake

In Montego Bay we were going to go on the Hop On/Hop Off Bus Tour that is sponsored by Carnival. It was $19.00 per person. I was really looking forward to trying this out but it wasn't meant to be.

I got sick during the night and when I woke up in the morning I was so weak and tired. I never left the cabin on Wednesday. That was awful. I had been counting down the days for months and here I was stuck in our cabin. This wasn't what I had in mind.

My dad still went into Montego Bay but he only went as far as the cruise center and to get a few pictures of the ship.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2638_zps84695ec1.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2639_zpscbee4b8c.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2640_zps8daa497a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2642_zps0de7a215.jpg

Once the meet and greet party was over we headed up to the EA Sports Bar to catch a round of sports trivia. We love playing sports trivia. After trivia we headed back to the cabin to sit out on the balcony for a while and get cleaned up for dinner. We were getting hungry so we headed on to dinner in the MDR early tonight

Everything looks so yummy!

Well the next day of the cruise would bring us to Grand Cayman. Grand Cayman is one of our favorite ports of call. I woke up around 6:30 am to a very unusual sound coming from outside so I woke up and went to the balcony and this was what we saw

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013359_zps6c27c5bd.jpg

This helicopter was literally about 100 yards away from the ship and then it would swoop in and get real close

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013358_zpse8726e16.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013353_zps3d3be530.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013352_zps3710b489.jpg

WHOA....they are taking my picture. good thing I had clothes on ;)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013351_zps0d393d63.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013353_zps3d3be530.jpg

The sky looked so eerie this morning

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013354_zps1355af4d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013358_zpse8726e16.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013361_zps271d1a8d.jpg

So when we returned to the ship that afternoon after our day in Grand Cayman we found out that the helicopter was there filming a new commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines. I'm gonna be a TV STAR :p

We watched the helicopter for a little while longer and then we started to get ready for the day. We went up to Lido for some breakfast

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013364_zps21ba3e71.jpg

It was still pretty quiet up on deck

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013363_zps690e035a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013366_zps1df27c2c.jpg

After breakfast we returned to our cabin to gather up our stuff for the day. We pre-booked a Swim with the Stingrays tour through MarineLand tours. This was our second time going with them and they are wonderful.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2649_zps97406971.jpg

Costa Luminosa

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2651_zpsc70727de.jpg

The Carnival Sunshine is a beautiful ship

Our excursion started with a short trolley ride to their dock. Their dock is over by the airport.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2654_zps016f1e16.jpg

The trolley

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2652_zps8655e464.jpg

Were heading out on our journey

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2653_zps29a03e19.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2656_zps28691cb5.jpg

WOW.....and we thought $3.29 a gallon was expensive :eek:

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2657_zpsbeacb8a8.jpg

GIVE WAY.....all that means is holy crap I hope they slow down

Oh I cannot wait to see these next pics! I just paid for that excursion last week! Oh, and with your advice, we called and booked the swim with the manatees also! Yes, they gave us a discount so it was just $100 for the two of us. Super excited about both of these excursions and even more excited they are paid for already!

Oh I cannot wait to see these next pics! I just paid for that excursion last week! Oh, and with your advice, we called and booked the swim with the manatees also! Yes, they gave us a discount so it was just $100 for the two of us. Super excited about both of these excursions and even more excited they are paid for already!

Oh Jodi.....you will love this excursion with MarineLand tours. The boat is wonderful. We prefer to go with them because the boat has steps that go all the way down in to the water.....no ladders. It makes it very easy to get in and out of the water. After going to Stingray City with them I won't go with anyone else. I will make sure to include some pics of the boat to show you the stairs.

So happy to hear that you got the manatee excursion booked. And even better that you got a discount for it. It's always a great feeling to know when you have things pre-paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great review and awesome pics! Can't wait to meet you on the Dream. :)

Thank You. Yeah can't wait to meet you as well. It's gonna be a great cruise.....it's gonna be so nice to be onboard for 9 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk