Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

glad you were feeling better the next day

great review; the Lido did not look to crowded

keep the good stuff coming

dot

Thanks Dot. I was gonna let a little sickness ruin my cruise. There was more fun to be had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Jodi.....you will love this excursion with MarineLand tours. The boat is wonderful. We prefer to go with them because the boat has steps that go all the way down in to the water.....no ladders. It makes it very easy to get in and out of the water. After going to Stingray City with them I won't go with anyone else. I will make sure to include some pics of the boat to show you the stairs.

So happy to hear that you got the manatee excursion booked. And even better that you got a discount for it. It's always a great feeling to know when you have things pre-paid.

Thank you! I am getting more and more excited! I know you had several of us emailing you at the same time about things- I am Kim :) I cannot thank you enough for all your help in our planning!

Oh Jodi.....you will love this excursion with MarineLand tours. The boat is wonderful. We prefer to go with them because the boat has steps that go all the way down in to the water.....no ladders. It makes it very easy to get in and out of the water. After going to Stingray City with them I won't go with anyone else. I will make sure to include some pics of the boat to show you the stairs.

So happy to hear that you got the manatee excursion booked. And even better that you got a discount for it. It's always a great feeling to know when you have things pre-paid.

Wrigley thanks so much!! Loving the review as a whole, but really looking forward to this excursion review as we are thinking of doing this one on our march cruise. About how long is the trolley ride and the ride out to the stingrays? And about how long are you out with the rays? Trying to figure out if it will work for my DS.

Also enjoying seeing the changes on the Sunshine, we were on the Destiny a few months before she made her transformation :)

Thanks again for all of your efforts into this great review!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I am getting more and more excited! I know you had several of us emailing you at the same time about things- I am Kim :) I cannot thank you enough for all your help in our planning!

Whoops so sorry. And yes I did get quite a few emails :-)

And you are so welcome. Happy to hear that I could help. If you need any more advice please don't hesitate to ask.

When do you guys cruise??

Wrigley thanks so much!! Loving the review as a whole, but really looking forward to this excursion review as we are thinking of doing this one on our march cruise. About how long is the trolley ride and the ride out to the stingrays? And about how long are you out with the rays? Trying to figure out if it will work for my DS.

Also enjoying seeing the changes on the Sunshine, we were on the Destiny a few months before she made her transformation :)

Thanks again for all of your efforts into this great review!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

You will love this excursion. It's wonderful. The trolley ride out to the boat takes about 10 minutes and the boat ride out to the Stingray sandbar took about 10-15 minutes. This boat is so super convenient.

We were at Stingray City for about an hour. They take the time to explain the stingrays to you and everyone has the chance to touch one and kiss one. Then later on they will give you a piece of squid to feed one.

Once I upload the pics from the excursion hopefully it will show you how much fun it is. It was so much fun

Hampton Inn Rocky Point!

That's a perfect hotel. That's where we stayed in December 2011 when we cruised on the Legend. Be sure to get your names on the early shuttles to the cruise port.

I've got a few pictures of that hotel on my photo review from our cruise on the Carnival Legend

As I mentioned before we pre-booked our tour to Stingray City with MarineLand tours. The tour price was $54.00 per person and it lasted approximately two and a half hours.

StingrayCity-December122013026_zpsf76e37f0.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013027_zps780129ba.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013028_zpscf2d98bf.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013030_zpsb98a5907.jpg

Once we arrived at Stingray City there were 2 guides in the water with us and they explained to us how to touch the stingrays. They made sure that everyone felt comfortable with the stingrays

StingrayCity-December122013038_zpsedc6a9d7.jpg

Once we felt comfortable we were free to move around on our own. This was our 3rd time visiting Stingray City so we knew what to expect. I brought my own snorkel gear so I put my mask and snorkel on and started to swim around with the stingrays

Whoops one thing I forgot to mention. For these pictures out at Stingray City I used a Nikon S10 underwater camera. I received it as a gift prior to our cruise in March and it works wonders in the water. I just keep on snapping pictures and then check to see how they turned out later :) It is an inexpensive camera and it takes really good underwater pictures

StingrayCity-December122013064_zpsdb0ab354.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013071_zps2d46c85f.jpg

For those of you who were asking about the boat.....this is it. The stairs at the back of the boat go all the way down into the water. It is very convenient and much easier and safer than a ladder

StingrayCity-December122013074_zps81c10d1a.jpg

My dad is ready to feed the stingray a piece of squid

StingrayCity-December122013078_zpsbd7bd61c.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013081_zpsf7ca72c8.jpg

StingrayCity-December122013105_zps6b810f8d.jpg

Steps at the back of the boat

StingrayCity-December122013069_zps30d74762.jpg

The water is just gorgeous

My dad and I were one of the last ones to get out of the water. We just love it here. It never gets old. So once we were back on the boat....we were on our way back to the dock

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2662_zps6452d89d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2665_zps38ad4444.jpg

I can see the ships on the horizon

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2667_zps10e454c5.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2669_zps77abbff8.jpg

I can see the Whale Tail

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2670_zpsb697af39.jpg

These are the trolleys that we ride in down to the dock

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2671_zpsa82d118a.jpg

Until next time...for our cruise in April on the Carnival Dream we haven't yet decided what we are going to do but another trip with MarineLand tours is definitely a possibility ;)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2672_zps83846bb0.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2673_zpsd1795ced.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2674_zps0ff0ea15.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2677_zpsc14c1749.jpg

That is a common sight in the Cayman Islands....a Bank. They are on every corner ;) Definitely no shortage of money in the Cayman Islands

These next 3 pictures were just too funny to pass up. :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2678_zpsfda4eca4.jpg

If I was that chicken I definitely wouldn't be standing in front of a KFC....

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2679_zpsc97a1d67.jpg

OOOOOOO LUNCH

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2680_zps25a4c063.jpg

We do Chicken Right....oh yeah That's what I'm Afraid of

Love the pictures of the Stingrays and it gets me even more excited about that excursion! You don't have any pics of the tender right next to the ship that shows how you get on and off do you? I was just curious!

They don't allow you to have your camera out at the Gangway area when you're transferring from the ship to the tender. Plus I'm always paranoid that I would drop my camera in the water.

In order to get off the ship and onto the tender you will walk across a ramp onto the tender. There will be guys keeping the ramp stable. No worries

Love the pictures of the Stingrays and it gets me even more excited about that excursion! You don't have any pics of the tender right next to the ship that shows how you get on and off do you? I was just curious!

I went to Grand Cayman last year. I MAY have one of those pictures. I'll check and see.