Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Thank you sooo much for including info on the Italian place for lunch!! I want to try it. How was the meat sauce? Was that piece of bread their garlic bread? I will be leaving Sat to head to NO to get on Sunshine on Sunday, I really appreciate you doing this review

There is a pasta place on the Dream Deck 11 aft (over the Buffet) The menu is very much like the one you show on the Sunshine. When we were aboard it was only open for lunch. We always go on the first day because most people don't discover it till a few days of sailing So it is not crowded the first day

dot

Thank you sooo much for including info on the Italian place for lunch!! I want to try it. How was the meat sauce? Was that piece of bread their garlic bread? I will be leaving Sat to head to NO to get on Sunshine on Sunday, I really appreciate you doing this review

What a great review!! You make me want to do my own review when I get back from my cruise in July. More so I can relive it over again. haha

I hope you do. I'd love to read your review when you return from your cruise.

That's why I enjoy doing the photo reviews.....it's a great way to re-live the vacation.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review

Cucina was good. I didn't particularly enjoy the meat sauce. On the last sea day I had far farfalle pasta with chicken strips in an Alfredo sauce. That one was much better.

That's one great thing about a cruise if you find something you don't like then order something else.

Yeah that bread with it was a garlic bread. It was very dry

Enjoy your cruise on the Sunshine.

Did you get those desserts at the Italian place or on Lido? I have heard they sometimes have food at the Havana Bar, Cuban food. Is this true?

Those desserts came from the Lido area. I never did see any food at the Havana Bar area

There is a pasta place on the Dream Deck 11 aft (over the Buffet) The menu is very much like the one you show on the Sunshine. When we were aboard it was only open for lunch. We always go on the first day because most people don't discover it till a few days of sailing So it is not crowded the first day

dot

Thank you so much for the heads up. My dad will definitely miss Guys Burgers on the Dream. How was the BBQ area on the Dream and where was it?? I'm looking forward to trying that on the Dream.

And I'll definitely be trying the pasta bar on the Dream

I don't why they won't let you take pictures at the gangway. You could take pics when you're on the tender as you're pulling up next to the ship.

I've still got plenty more photos to post so don't go anywhere just quite yet :-)

I'm guessing it's for safety reasons. They want people to watch what they are doing, not trying to take pictures.

Btw, LOVE the picture of your dad on the balcony after GC day. That's when I think, life is pretty good out here on my balcony.

Enjoying your review. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Will you do one for your Dream cruise? We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream, our favorite ship so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I'm guessing it's for safety reasons. They want people to watch what they are doing, not trying to take pictures.

Btw, LOVE the picture of your dad on the balcony after GC day. That's when I think, life is pretty good out here on my balcony.

That's always a relaxing thing to do after a long day in port. Sitting on the balcony is so peaceful. There's nothing better than sitting out on the balcony at night and watching the stars

Thank you so much for the heads up. My dad will definitely miss Guys Burgers on the Dream. How was the BBQ area on the Dream and where was it?? I'm looking forward to trying that on the Dream.

Pasta Bar will be the far aft buffet area. Look for the stairs behind the dessert area.

BBQ (or more accurately, the grilling area) is on the Promenade Deck midship to mid-aft. It was very good if you like grilled meats in tacos, mini-burgers, etc...

Enjoying your review. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Will you do one for your Dream cruise? We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream, our favorite ship so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much. Happy to hear that you are enjoying my review.

Yes I will be doing another photo review for our cruise onboard the Carnival Dream. We leave for our cruise on the Dream on April 4th. We have never been on the Dream.....in fact the Dream will the biggest ship for us to date

Pasta Bar will be the far aft buffet area. Look for the stairs behind the dessert area.

BBQ (or more accurately, the grilling area) is on the Promenade Deck midship to mid-aft. It was very good if you like grilled meats in tacos, mini-burgers, etc...

Thank you. I will be sure to try out both places. Everyone says to go to the pasta bar early on in the cruise before everyone discovers where it is.

The BBQ was on deck 5 out on the Lanai; it is only on sea days. There was a big variety of items I liked the sliders. We would fix a plate and go inside to the ocean plaza area and eat (that is where they have trivia)

dot

starboard side between mid ship and aft

Edited by dotheyes
ps

The BBQ was on deck 5 out on the Lanai; it is only on sea days. There was a big variety of items I liked the sliders. We would fix a plate and go inside to the ocean plaza area and eat (that is where they have trivia)

dot

starboard side between mid ship and aft

Thank You...our cabin is 6358 (midship on starboard side). I will definitely be trying this out.

Well our port day in Cozumel had arrived. We decided to stay onboard the ship on this day. My dad was having some issues with his legs and feet due to his diabetes so we wanted to stay onboard where he could rest when he needed to

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2749_zps0001bfd7.jpg

The Breakfast of Champions.....a Miami Vice :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2750_zps82338d8f.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2752_zps4c209dda.jpg

It wouldn't be breakfast without my lucky charms

I have a difficulty climbing ladders which is the main reason why I don't get in the swimming pools onboard the ship. But there was just something about the pool on Serenity deck. It was calling my name. I wanted to get in the pool. I mean what's the most the would happen....I wouldn't be able to get out. OK well I guess that would be a problem but I was determined to at least give it a shot

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2763_zps3896c372.jpg

I got in and you know what...it was very easy getting out of the pool. See I was worried about it for nothing

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2753_zps2575bf74.jpg

I love this picture of my dad with the waterfall

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2754_zps4316146c.jpg

We were the only ones out enjoying the Serenity area.....this is why I enjoy staying onboard on port days. Its like you have the whole ship to yourself

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2755_zps4815b7cc.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2757_zpsfef0485d.jpg

I have to laugh!... What is that old saying British and Americans, separated only by a common language!

I'm afraid Gatorade is a complete unknown to me, I imagine by 'pop' you might mean coca cola?, we measure liquids/bottles in milliliters so I can't visualise 20 Ounces and as for Meat in a Loaf :eek: Lol

Yes, you have to laugh :D

We are stopping at Ensenada in Mexico and I just wondered if you had any tips on what to see etc. I'll try one of the other forums but any tips on Imagination would be good.

Jo :)

Meatloaf is similiar to Haslet in the UK. If your familiar with that